1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV Show You've Seen 3

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by Mr Trick, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Coupling Series 2 (2002) 8/10

The comedy is taken to greater extremes and characters like Sally are given more to do also.

2. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    Fargo Season 2 - 8/10
    I kept reading that the second season is supposed to be even better than the first, and it is great, but I don't agree at all that it's better. It's different, and that's a good thing, but it is missing that Coen-esque style that I loved about the first season, that weird randomness. It is a lot more straight forward than the first season and most of the characters simply aren't as interesting to me as, for example, Lorne Malvo or Molly Solverson. Still great, though. Can't wait for Season 3.

3. Priceless

Priceless Mad Brilliant

Legends of Tomorrow just gets better and better, some of the stories are total cliche, but the characters are just great. I've even started thinking of Sarah Lance as the new Buffy :eek: 9/10

4. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Isn't Ted Danson in season two? Guy's a comedy legend and walks on water as far as I'm concerned.

5. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    Yes, he's awesome! One of the best characters for sure!

6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

The Replacement (2017) 7.5/10
    3-Part Hitchcockian thriller. Vicky McClure give a subtly chilling performance and Morven Christie is also excellent in the other lead. The pacing is effective, and there are some decent twists too.

Coupling Series 3 (2003) 8/10

7. Priceless

Priceless Mad Brilliant

American Crime S3 - This show is so well written and so well acted, always moving, but it's so depressing it's sometimes a struggle to watch 7/10

8. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Is it on Amazon Prime? I've heard good things.

Roots (2017) 7.5/10
    This was a worthwhile, and powerful drama about the history of slavery. Its an epic and ambitious project. Its not perfect, and I'm not sure I would watch it again in a hurry, but it at least does some kind of justice to the history and those who were victims of slavery.

Stalker Season 1 (2015) 6/10
    This is a solid idea for a crime show. I like the lead actress, and some of the episodes were actually scary. I found the idea of having cover versions of 80s pop at the end of every episode very cheesy, and the quality of the standalone episode is very up and down. There are only so many original stories you can do about stalking. But shame there won't be a second season.

9. Priceless

Priceless Mad Brilliant

Not sure if it's on UK tv, as I download it. (Not to be confused with American Crime Story which is very different) It's a great show, if you can see it then I'd say give it a go, but be aware the first two seasons did not have happy endings and I doubt this one will either :(

10. Priceless

Priceless Mad Brilliant

Big Little Lies - I've only seen the first 3 episodes, but this is so much better than I expected and Reece Witherspoon is Amazing, I'd watch it for her alone 8/10

HowiMetdaSlayer: thought it was great!
    HowiMetdaSlayer and Mr Trick like this.
  11. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I've seen the first two and I agree. In the first one I had trouble engaging with her character, but oddly she became more human in the second part, and there's some really funny moments involving her too:D

Priceless: Just watching ep 4 now and RW's character gets more and more real as it goes on. Hope she wins awards for this performance
    Priceless likes this.
  12. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

The West Wing season 7 (2006) 9/10

A really compelling and fitting ending to one of the great ever television dramas. Loved all the election stuff, and I like the level of detail they go into post-election with the day to day hand over stuff, and what the respective characters are going to do in the future. Was moved by the tributes to Leo, and glad we got a proper closure to the Donna and Josh saga. The Toby leak storyline maybe one of my favourite every storylines.

HowiMetdaSlayer likes this.
  13. Priceless

Priceless Mad Brilliant

Marvels Iron Fist - Only seen the first ep and loved the opening credits. Then the dialogue started and it went downhill. Will stick with it and hope it improves 5/10

14. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

The Team Series 1 (2015) 7/10
    Stylish and neatly paced muti-strand Euro thriller. Its quite complex, has some decent characters. Towards the end it got a bit soapy for me, and some of accents jar. But for the most part nicely done.

15. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

The Americans season 5 has been excellent. Black Sails final season was awesome too. :)

Mr Trick: Going have a Americans catch up soon.
  16. Foxy

Foxy I am cookie dough!

Sineya
    Watched the first episode ofThe Expanse last night. I give the pilot an 8. This show has potential!

17. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Arrested Development Season 3 (2006) 9/10
    Think this might be my favourite season. Love the spoofy of the Bond films, and all the British send-up humour:D Theron playing with her star image as Rita was great fun. Some of the best Tobias and Lindsay moments too, and Maeby's job as the Movie Exc is just adorable:p

Homeland Season 6 (2017) 6/10
    This was the season where the wheels started to come off, and the main characters become steal. The most interesting plot was with the President Elect (though even parts of that was over the top, like the whole media angle, doubt people would have been rioting on street like that, if Trump can get away with some of the shit he has, I'm sure this President wouldn't get too much stick;)), Elisabeth Marvel is fantastic!:) But I was bored with the Quinn jurkie storyline, and just found him too unlikeable. Also they were just stretching credibility too far at times. And Saul and Carrie were largely wasted.

Peep Show Series 6 (2009) 8/10
    Example of a show that got even better in later seasons. The supporting characters, and fresh themes make it all the more fun. Love the addition of Elena, she's a great character, the actress is very funny:)

HowiMetdaSlayer: Season 6 definitely wasn't as strong as previous, but it's rebounded before...
  18. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Whatever

They all blend together. Is it supposed to feel as consequential as a cartoon? I mean, it's a fairly gentle romp with odd moments of good acting, but that's it. I never understood the appeal of this series.

Mr Trick likes this.
  19. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Do you like the original series or any of the films out of interest? I've never watched the series properly, only in little bits with brother.

20. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    The original series was pretty good, for what it was. It had a spark. It had good chemistry and big characters. Which I can't say for TNG. I don't know much about the movies - I've only seen The Wrath of Khan. I'd give it about a 7/10.

I've never been into Star Trek but at least watching it now means I get the references in Futurama!

Mr Trick likes this.