1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rate the Last TV Show You've Seen 3

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by Mr Trick, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

You Me Her Season 2 7.5/10

A bit slow at first and I think maybe the drama was better in the first season, but I still enjoy the characters and their interactions. They did a good job of advancing the supporting characters too.

2. Jam

Jam Pepper spray is just so passé

The Night Of, season one: 9/10

It took a bit until I got into it but once I did, I couldn't stop watching; the last 2 episodes in particular were very gripping. John Turturro was probably the stand-out performance for me, but everyone did a great job!

3. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

When Football Banned Women
    Not only interesting because it reveals that at one point the women's game was actually more successful than the men's (just think if it it never got the 50 year ban, there's a chance it still would be now), but also it shows a time when football was still a community game and had far less bad press. It posses some thought provoking questions from a unique period in history.

4. ItMustBeBunnies

ItMustBeBunnies Bugger off, you brolly!

Sineya
    American Gods season 1 - 7/10

It took me a few episodes to get into it, but I ended up liking it. It was super weird. Some scenes, particularly in the first few episodes I was just like "Huh, well you don't see that everyday" :p I liked Gillian Anderson and I found myself warming to Emily Browning's character even though she is a pretty awful person.

Priceless likes this.
  5. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Castlevania season 1 (2017) 7/10
    Entertaining first mini-season. Liked the style and black humour, and the characters are promising. A nice twist on a old tale.

Gilmore Girls Season 7 (2006) 7/10
    Bit of a slow start, but there was lots to enjoy and they handled the finale just about perfectly. One of the better later seasons IMO.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

The Keepers (2017) 9/10
    Perfect example of crucial probing journalism with depth, and important questions raised. A shocking, and human story, with some ruly inspirational people at its core, and on the other hand, some real human scum too. I hope it helps to keep the case alive, and can have a widen impact.

7. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    I watched all of Big Little Lies a while ago. I'd probably give it a 9/10. I wasn't expecting much but I was kind of blown away by how well-written and and acted it was. Watching the first episode I wasn't sure Witherspoon was going to be a good fit but she ended up being fantastic, and her character definitely produced the most laughs from me, along with Laura Dern as the gangly and outrageous Renata Klein. Shailene Woodley as Jane Chapman, the new mum in town and the catalyst to the story, was also great. I totally believed her portrayal of PTSD. The kid actors were also fantastic which is quite rare, and the soundtrack was genius. Lastly, I have to say, I'm really not a huge Nicole Kidman fan. I always found her to be average and inoffensive at best, and I'm not sure if it's the 'TV effect', but she totally knocked it out the park as Celeste Wright. I was kind of blown away. She carried the show and that's saying something, because there was a lot of amazing acting going on: the dads were also a joy to watch. Adam Scott is such a sweetheart, and Alexander Skarsgard was on top form (still fancied him even though I totally shouldn't). Very good TV. And now I'm really looking forward to seeing Kidman in season 2 of Top of the Lake (which I think is available to stream now).

Mr Trick: Completely agree. The first episode was the weakest, but it really took off after that. Great show.
    HowiMetdaSlayer: ♥ Big Li'l Lies
  8. smgismyqueenjpg

smgismyqueenjpg I'm not a QUEEN! I'm Khaleesi!

Black Thorn
    The 100: Smart show. I love it. Only on ep 2. But it's good. Does use cliches (that i hate). But it's good. 5/10

9. BlindSlayer

BlindSlayer Bufffologist

The Simpsons: 'Duffless' followed by 'Last Exit to Springfield', 10/10, hell yeah!

10. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

The Handmaid's Tale Season 1 (2017) 10/10

Fuffy Baith and ItMustBeBunnies like this.
  11. Living Dead Boy

Living Dead Boy Joss Is A Very Flawed Boss

Black Thorn
    Workaholics: 9/10

Just pure escapism, I'm glad I don't have to put on my thinking cap when it comes to watching these three stooges being the complete opposite of "workaholics". The entire cast makes me laugh so hard. So sad this show ended, but 7 seasons is enough, am I right?

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  12. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    The Night Of - 8/10

I really liked it. John Turturro and the cat, omg. It was great to see some actors from The Wire show up, and the prison environment seemed pretty realistic (for TV), which is always a good thing. I liked the ending, and the closing scenes were great.

13. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

In the Dark (2017) 7.5/10
    Gripping, with good pacing and a convincing lead actress. It tackles some powerful themes, and the mystery elements is well crafted, but I did think the final part was a little too busy, and not everything in it was credible.

14. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Fargo Season 3 (2017) 8/10
    The slow build up of the first half really paid off in the second half of the season. There were some dramatic twists, and interesting themes and characters, and strong cast once again. Looking forward to season 4.

15. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

I thought that season 3 was by far the weakest.

16. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Not seen 2 yet. But I'd 3 was better than 1. The first season was good, but still think they were finding their flow then. Wasn't too sure about how 3 ended.

17. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Why did you skip a whole season?

Mr Trick: Sure, but I think it matters less with Fargo. There tend to be individual stories.
  18. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Can't say for sure. It would have been when I was away at Uni so probably just missed it. I will be catching up with it soon.

GwenRaiden: I just meant, I probably wouldn't watch a NEW season without watching its predecessor first. Continuity and all that. I'd rather wait.
  19. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Peep Show season 7 - 8/10

20. Puppet

Puppet Hands in the hair!

Black Thorn
    Finally got around to watching 2 shows I'd been wanting to, so why not hit up this thread with some ratings :)

Scream - I've practically only heard bad things, but I loved it. Such an homage to the movies, which I grew up on, and the acting, while not amazing, was surprisingly good and convincing. I've been trying to get through S2, though, and it's not happening, so I'd advise anyone giving it a shot to stick with the first season only; it's got 10 episodes. Rating - 8/10

Stranger Things
    - Holy crap! Could not put it down, wound up staying awake all night just to finish the eight episodes. The throwback to the eighties was amazingly well done, the acting was phenomenal (great to see W. Ryder back in tip-top shape) and the characters are so unique. You will fall in love with Hopper, I promise! Rating - 10/10!

Of course, you've all probably already watched these two or decided never to, but oh well, I'm new, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

The Bronze, Fuffy Baith and Priceless like this.