1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Rebecca's future in Eternity

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by caitaintdead, Jul 22, 2016.

1. caitaintdead

caitaintdead caiters gonna cait

Black Thorn
    Am I missing something here? Are we to believe that Rebecca just goes back to her life as normal? I find that hard to believe, but I don't recall ever getting word of anything else...

2. OccaQuokka

OccaQuokka My arse is not pansy!

Sineya
    This is a good one. How do you go back to life after unleashing Angelus? For someone so far from that life.

My head canon - she went off the rails. Washed up drunk/dead actor.

3. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Problem is I never cared enough about Rebecca as a character to be bothered one way or the other.

Carrie Hopewell and Fuffy Baith like this.
  4. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    This is it. I didn't care if she lived or died. I'm sure she took some time off to work through her problems. Maybe even retired from acting. But again, I don't care. I didn't like her to begin with.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  5. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Scooby

Sineya
    My biggest question this episode is how five minutes after meeting her, Angel is supposed to have a crush on her - according to Wes. There was nothing there. I mean he supposedly falls in love with Buffy at first sight but it's much easier to see that happening. And if developing feelings for Buffy instantly is already a bit much, that happening twice? He barely interacts or looks at Rebecca, but all of a sudden he can't help her because he has feelings for her? Why did Angel S1 try to hook him up with any female?

But I imagine Rebecca's world was turn on its head and she had a minor break down, probably lost her future as an actress. Regardless of what happened, I also never cared enough to wonder about that.

6. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Idea: Rebecca comes back as a rogue demon slayer in the comics! Battle worn and awesome. Hey, stranger things have happened!

As for the character I kind of imagined there were a few different ways her road could go; repress repress repess and go on with your career, give up your career and go home, or go bonkers with drink and drugs and/or burn out. I'm not sure we were supposed to care, or if we were just supposed to make up or own minds about it... maybe they wanted to keep it open in case they wanted to bring her back.

caitaintdead and Carrie Hopewell like this.
  7. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    yea I don't buy that Angel liked her either. I don't think Angel even knows until Wes tells him. They had no chemistry. She felt like just another damsel for Angel to save. Until she unleashes Angelus.

8. caitaintdead

Black Thorn
    Okay? Didn't really answer my question though...

9. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Well I sort of did. If you're not invested in a character then why would you care what happens to them one way or the other.

We know that Rebecca is a one off character. And how many times on the show do you get a one shot character whose fate isn't really explained? The character was just there to explore that one aspect of the Angel character and theme of the show.

10. caitaintdead

Black Thorn
    Sorry @Mr Trick I guess I should have made it clearer that I was creating a thread to ponder what might have happened to her.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2016 ---
    The next Wesley evolution!

It would explain the Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears meltdowns!

It would have been a fun little easter egg to have some sort of reference to the big star having a meltdown where she is on the front of a trashy magazine. Fred comes back and asks Cordy what happened to Rebecca, pointing at a picture of her on the front page or something similar.

Fuffy Baith and Taake like this.
  11. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I didn't really like Rebecca, but I always felt bad for her. I mean - yes, she was crazy wanting to get vamped in order to stay young and all, but no matter what her future was after her encounter with Angel one thing is certain; she now knows something huge that most people don't believe. There are real monsters that go bump in the night.

She can't tell anyone, or people will think she's crazy.
    She can't forget it, which might drive her crazy because the world as she knew it had been shattered and she has to keep it to herself.

Really, there were no great options for Rebecca after Angel. Maybe a lot of people don't care, because they didn't care for her, but really it's kind of sad.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense to me that she would have tried to keep it a secret, then started blabbing about it and some manager or family member would have sent her to a psych ward for a while. What comes after that...

...well, personally - as mentioned - I wouldn't mind seeing Rebecca return somehow in the comics. I'm hoping she would have gotten obsessed with it somehow. Either starting to track demons, a bit like a pretend-Watcher, or would have started trying to fight them, maybe failing and getting turned in the end after all.

That or she moved to some lonely place in the desert where she started to make money by writing vampire fiction and drinking too much.
    :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2016 ---
    I would have liked the easter egg, wouldn't have been to hard either and lol... now we know what happened to those stars! The demons are out there! :D

caitaintdead likes this.
  12. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I just thought she was bland and the actress was poor (which might have been on purpose of course).

13. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I like to think she was still obsessed and eventually walked down a dark alley and night and managed to get turned by some random vamp. Her agent would find her, all bloodied up and would hide her from the press for a bit while she 'healed', until she bit and turned them. And she eventually turned all of her entourage, moved onto her co-stars, director, producers, makeup artist, stylist...

Basically, Rebecca turned all of Hollywood into vampires. The End.

caitaintdead likes this.
  14. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    How many actresses could get a contract that would not allow them to film an outdoor daytime scene? She's an idiot, even dumber than Ford in "Lie to Me".

15. caitaintdead

Black Thorn
    Well, she was a television actress, and she was applying for more TV jobs so there is a definite possibility that she was applying for studio only jobs. I've heard of famous people making stranger requests haha!

She definitely wasn't the brightest spark, but I think it could be assumed that she was not aware that all vampires weren't like Angel. He was the only vampire she had ever met and to her it would have appeared as a sweet deal.

Nix likes this.
  16. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    She may have run into another Vamp, and simply be dead now :D ;)

17. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    Rehab.