1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Restless: Trippy, Dippy...writer on mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Anyanka Bunny Killer, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer "I got these evil hand issues..."

Black Thorn
    As Tara and Oz whispered in a conspiratorial manner, my heart bled for Willow. I just wanted to hug her.

ChaseRules: You & me both . I felt sad for Willow when I saw it.
  2. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    And that why Xander has Anya for a girlfriend :p

Willow was so cute in that outfit . :cool:

3. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer "I got these evil hand issues..."

Black Thorn
    Yes, you really should. And it doesn't cost much. Do it! :D

Fuffy Baith: Lol. I plan on it for xmas!
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  4. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya
    It's one of my favorite episodes and makes total sense to me. Yes it is a bit like being on a weird acid trip but you really have to read between the lines and have an understanding of all the characters in order for it to connect. Each of their dreams is very telling of their individual pasts and inner conflicts that they are currently dealing with. In Willow's dream, the scene where she and Tara standing in the red curtains together is meant to represent them being "between the sheets" together. Willow being shown in her clothes that she wears in high school shows the insecurity she is still dealing with even though she has clearly grown out of that stage of her life. I'm pretty sure it's common for male friends to have thoughts and or dreams about sleeping with a friend's mom, esp. if they are attractive like Joyce. Giles-he sees Buffy as almost being like his daughter which is clearly depicted in his dream. When he enters Spike's crypt and his "orgasm friend" Olivia is sitting there crying with the stroller this is a clear moment which represents him choosing to continue his lifestyle of being a watcher or settling down with someone and starting a family. When he's in the middle of singing and gets cut off he begins to follow the amplifier cords. It eventually leads him to a tangled mess of more cords with his pocket watch in the middle of all of it. This represents his constant task of solving problems. Buffy's dream hints at some fear of possibly losing her friends. The reason she has been so successful in being the Slayer is largely in part to having her loved ones around helping her. Her spreading mud across her face is her connecting with the first Slayer. I love the scene where she walks into the desert and the camera zooms out showing this vast empty space and she's standing there alone. Joss comments saying how this is a visual representation of how alone and isolated being the Slayer must feel. It's very effective. To me this is such an accurate portrayal of how random and weird dreams can be on top of their underlying meaning.

And yes-Adam without his makeup on? Holy moly he is a HOTTIE.