1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Safety on The Boards

Discussion in 'Buffy-Boards News' started by Faith, Jan 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faith

Faith Bite Me! Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I'm sorry that I have to post this, but it has come to our attention lately that some members have been abusing the use of their private messages by using the for sexual explicit conversations.

There are a few issues with this, that you should all take into consideration. Firstly this board will not be abused for this purpose, if anyone is caught doing it they will be banned. I'm sure you are all aware of the number of growing cases involving paedophiles grooming their victims on the internet, before moving onto other means such as a mobile phone or even meeting up.

Please remember that people may not be who they say they are. The staff on this site are here to make sure that it remains a family friendly and more importantly a safe site to visit. But we cannot do this without your help. If you receive any messages from a member that you are not comfortable with, please approach one of us straight away and we will take care of it.

ruth: I can't believe this is happening, we lost the boards for a little while back there, don't people care enough for the future of the boards??!!
  2. Mr. Pointy

Mr. Pointy A sharp stick - it's true Watcher

Black Thorn
    Having just read some stuff about grooming and such I thought it was time to re-activate Faith's post above.

We want to keep the BB a "family friendly" place to visit, as we have quite a few younger members and I, for one, do not wish to see kids abused as a result of something that I am involved in.

So, if anyone sees anything that makes them feel uncomfortable here please report it to a staff member straight away.

3. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Just want to reiterate this again. PLEASE be safe on the board. Guard your personal information. Don't give out your board password and change it often.

If anyone says anything to you that gives you pause, PLEASE contact a mod and we can work out with you whether it's something to be concerned about or not. Don't think you have to deal with anything by yourself.

:)

4. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Time again for a reminder about being safe here on the board. If anyone says something to you that you feel is inappropriate, or makes you feel uncomfortable, please report it - even if it's just to get a second opinion on whether it's something you need to worry about. That goes as well for anything you witness happening to others on the board.

It's better to ask - and we can't help protect you and others if we don't know when things are going on that shouldn't be behind the scenes.

Please protect yourself online - cause you never know whether people are who they say they are. I don't mean to scare you, but a little bit of caution is a good thing in these times.

:)

OccaQuokka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.