1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scenes we didn't see

Discussion in 'Inside Out' started by DeadlyDuo, Sep 14, 2016.

1. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Spike getting the flowers for Joyce. Those weren't shop bought. He either picked them himself or nicked them off a grave.

Spike and Harmony meeting for the first time.

Forever Spuffy: He would have picked them himself. He's sensitive like that.
  2. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Yes! Totally! How this those two end up together? I would read a comic book about the Spike and Harmony love story.

DeadlyDuo: Me too.
    Guy, cryptwarmer, GoSpuffy and 2 others like this.
  3. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I think Spike was drunk when he first hooked up with Harmony. It's the only explanation why he would allow her to get that close to him, enough that she would consider him her boyfriend.

cryptwarmer: Harmony is very attractive and willing, and a vampire, so down with the depraved sex. I think those are traits Spike admired, drunk or sober.
    Professor Walsh likes this.
  4. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

@cryptwarmer When Spike suggested using chains during sex in "The Harsh Light of Day", Harmony turned down the idea so I don't think their sex life was as "adventurous" as Spike and Dru's. I think the biggest question regarding the Spike and Harmony relationship is why did he keep her round so long? She clearly irritated him to the point he attempted to stake her. If it was just for the sex, then he probably could've easily found someone else who he wasn't so annoyed by.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    @cryptwarmer Harmony seems to be of the "I can change him with my love!" school of thought.

cryptwarmer: the biggest question for me is why did she STAY around so long. He was awful to her. She should have dumped his sorry butt way long before.
  5. cryptwarmer

cryptwarmer I'm in charge of morale!

Black Thorn
    Maybe she wasn't down with chains but she was into Buffy role play...I wonder how many people dream of THAT in their partner? Lol.

I'm glad she finally left him. I like Harmony and hated, hated, hated how he treated her. I feel pretty confident about how they hooked up, he's hot and she went after him, easy peasy. Harmony is very very pretty. (IMO) She made herself hard to shake free of. He stayed for the sex, if what we saw was a fair representation of their relationship. Chains or no, he seemed to enjoy what she had to offer in that area. She was who he went to when he got his body back in Ats S5, must have had a few good memories of shags in the past.

6. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I quite liked the Harmony/Spike dynamic but it wasn't a mutually respectful one. Her leavving him in "Crush" was played for laughs. As for Spike shagging Harmony in Ats S5, I think that was more he'd just got his body back and she was there.

Forever Spuffy likes this.
  7. cryptwarmer

Black Thorn
    Yeah, but to be fair to Harmony, LA is a big town and Spike is hot, as you say...he didn't need Harmony for sex, he could have found a less annoying lay if he truly found her unbearably tedious. His soul having and feelings for Buffy didn't stop him from wanting a quickie with his old girlfriend. And he wasn't drunk so can't blame it on that.

I maintain she was fun in the sack and that was the glue that held them together...until Buffy slept with him (S6) and Harmony was history. No Buffy and he was happy to drag Harm to the nearest horizontal surface.

8. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Harmony was the closest person in proximity. It was literally he got his body back then took her for a quickie.

Forever Spuffy: Agree. Better than a hand.
  9. cryptwarmer

Black Thorn
    yes, exactly. If she was a bad lay would he bother? He knew she was fun and good for it. That was what kept them together.

He loved Buffy, but he boinked Harm.

10. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I agree that the sex must've been good for Spike to put up with her. Still, it seems like he could've had anyone, why did he stick with her?

cryptwarmer: That's why he stayed with her, good sex. I don't think there's any more to it. He didn't like her, he didn't respect her, but he boinked her. Ergo, sex was the glue
  11. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Just at a wild guess, maybe he was already fixated on Buffy, well before he discovered that he had a sexual interest in her. Harmony is a small blonde, like Buffy, and willing to share his bed, probably at least initially in exchange for him being her vampire mentor, since we never saw her actually being turned, and, assuming that it was the vampire who bit her in the Season 3 finale, he was probably dusted within minutes of the actual siring.

With Harmony, Spike could have a Slayer facsimile (remember them playing vampire eats Slayer in that one episode) who he could dominate and even abuse at will. and, despite her complaints, she actually seemed to enjoy the pain and humiliation, at least enough to not leave him. (a somewhat exaggerated preview of Buffy/Spike in Season 6, maybe?)

GoSpuffy and DeadlyDuo like this.
  12. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

For some reason, I just see Xander dancing to "Uptown Girl" in his bedroom whilst he's dating Cordelia.

13. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    I'd have liked to have seen Spike after he came off the cross in the church at the end of "beneath you". Did Buffy pull him away? Did he walk away himself? How burnt was he? Did Buffy take him back to the crypt so he could rest?

Priceless: Buffy comforting him would have been a great scene
    Priceless and Professor Walsh like this.
  14. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    The massive change in Wesley from the dogmatic, authoritarian whiner on Buffy to the badass rogue demon slayer on Angel should have been several episodes on Angel, although the surprise introduction on Angel might have been impossible. Without that, the change becomes unbelievable and takes me right out of the story. There could have been an arc in flashback after his surprise introduction showing what circumstances happened to trigger the change, who Wesley had to see die and who he had to kill to become as hardened as he was and how he got to be so certain of his opinions. The story could have been him predicting trouble, having everyone else scoff at his prediction and then having it come true as he predicted and killing someone significant to him resulting in him hunting the demon and killing him. That would have been a great story to replace some of the bottom-of-the-heap episodes in the first season.

Professor Walsh likes this.
  15. AnthonyCordova

AnthonyCordova Apocalypse Engine

Sineya
    the answer to these questions would be the purview and terrain of the fanfic writers. These types of interesting unanswered questions are why fanfic collects around shows like Buffy, because the shows are rich enough and interesting enough to want to explore what wasn't answered.

I guess I mean that I would tell you what I wish I would have seen, but there are always desires like these with good shows, because there will always be unanswered questions. Do all questions need an answer? Sometimes it is nicer to leave something [interesting] unanswered, so that the imagination can enjoy the possibilities. People who need every possible question answered or canon-resolved have no imaginations and are pedantic (I'm NOT accusing anyone of that here). Day dreamers get at me!

16. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Since the entire population of Sunnydale was leaving, why did Buffy never use the houses on either side of her's to house the potentials instead of trying to squash them all in to her house?

Geobubbles and deathtosaneppl like this.
  17. Forever Spuffy

Forever Spuffy shiny beads and sweet talk

Always wondered about the lighter too. And Spikes leather duster, he left it at Buffy's house in Seeing Red but pulls it out of a box in the school basement in Get It Done. There's so many more, never ending. But I really would have liked to have seen "you two were doing it like bunnies".
    Buffy's blood in Spikes cup is a good one. She may have wanted to see if it would help him heal faster. But even if she had offered herself for him to feed off of to heal himself he never would have done it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  18. Forever Spuffy

Forever Spuffy shiny beads and sweet talk

Yuk. That love was always one sided.

19. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Sure. I didn't imply otherwise. But it would still be interesting to see how they got together. I would never in a million years have imagined that Harmony and Spike would date.

20. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    Harmony and Spike make sense from this perspective:
    Dru - first love
    Harmony - rebound girl
    Buffy - true love

Priceless and Forever Spuffy like this.