1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scenes we didn't see

Discussion in 'Inside Out' started by DeadlyDuo, Sep 14, 2016.

1. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I think it goes more like this:

Dru- First love and true love (whilst soulless)
    Harmony- rebound girl and bed warmer
    Buffy- Current love and new true love (whilst souled) but due to end in heartbreak because of the inevitability of time.

2. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    @DeadlyDuo I usually think in these terms:

Soul Mate: Someone who is aligned with your soul and is sent to challenge, awaken and stir different parts of you in order for your soul to transcend to a higher level of consciousness and awareness. Once the lesson has been learnt, physical separation usually occurs.

Life Partner: A companion, a friend, a stable and secure individual who you can lean on, trust and depend on to help you through life. There is a mutual feeling of love and respect and you are both in sync with each others needs and wants.

So to me Spike/Dru and Buffy/Angel are soul mates destined to separate. Spike/Buffy are life partners. That said I love to watch Spike and Dru together, they light up the screen.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  3. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I can accept that. I still prefer Spike and Dru together over Spuffy though.

Anyanka Bunny Killer likes this.
  4. Forever Spuffy

Forever Spuffy shiny beads and sweet talk

I still think Buffy, in his mind, was his true love souless. Dru knew this way before he did. She even told him so in Fool for Love. That's why she left him again. And in Crush she says it again. Agree with Harmony as rebound girl, she's safe in the aspect that he knows he's never going to be in love with her. Life partner fits Buffy and Spike 110%. Now Joss just has to let it continue. All my fingers and toes are crossed. (metaphorically)

GoSpuffy likes this.
  5. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya
    She probably felt that it was safer and easier to have them all in one place where she could keep an eye on them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    Anya finding her bunny costume to go to the frat house Halloween party in "Fear Itself."

Buffy and Riley going on more dates.

Buffy and Spike right after kissing each other for the first time in "Once More With Feeling."

GoSpuffy likes this.
  6. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

But when they're all piled on top of each other, that doesn't lend itself to a decent night's sleep in which case they're not at their most alert. Also the overcrowding means everyone would be more short tempered. Plus having them all in one place is like fish in a barrel and they can't get out quickly if they get attacked because there is so many of them.

Buffy would be better off getting Xander to build a wall/fence around the front of the houses (the First knew where they were anyway so it's not like it would draw attention) then Xander and Giles could go in one house, Willow in the other and separate the potentials out a bit more. Knock down the fences that separate the back yards and they've got one massive training ground.

I think Buffy probably just ran off because Spike wanted to talk about it the next episode and she just shut him down.

7. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

A flashback of Spike at Woodstock spending 6 hours watching his hand move.

8. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya
    True. Considering how many times Xander rebuilt the windows it probably would have been prudent to just build some kind of exterior barrier in front of the house. I like the idea of having that huge training ground too. Probably would have been way easier for them than trying to train all of them in one yard space.

9. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya
    Buffy and Spike picking up the RV they escape from Glory in in Spiral :)

10. DarkGoddess

DarkGoddess Townie

Laughed so hard at this thought
    Just thinking of her and Buffy in the girl's bathroom awkwardly changing outfits, with Buffy holding vamp willow in case she wakes up but with her back turned because she promised she won't peek... and Giles, Angel and Xander wating impatiently in the library

Guy and DeadlyDuo like this.
  11. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    I would have liked to see them trying to get the deposit back when they returned it :confused:

brittles and DeadlyDuo like this.
  12. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    Tara and Willow watching Spongebob together

Andrew trying to fit in/be useful to the scoobies

Giles and Joyce trying to have small talk after what happened in Band Candy

Angel listening to Barry Manilow

13. POTN

POTN Townie

I realize this isn't in the spirit of what this thread is about but there's a bit that was deleted from "A Hole in the World" that I wish we'd gotten to see. At the end of the episode, Fred asks Wesley, "Would you have loved me?" It always felt a bit...odd to me. A bit off. Though you can certainly find a lovely interpretation of the question. But there's a bit of dialogue that got cut earlier in the episode that I wish had stayed in.

The scene that was aired:

FRED: Would you read to me some more?

WESLEY: Of course. (starts to get up, but Fred distracts him)

FRED: (looks at a light over her head) The light...hurts my eyes, but I don't want you to turn it off. But it hurts my eyes. Everything's so bright and hollow. Cavemen win. Of course the cavemen win.

was originally this scene in the shooting script:

FRED: Will you read to me some more?

WESLEY: Of course, I --

FRED: The light hurts my eyes. But I don't want you to turn it off. But it hurts my eyes. Everything's so bright and hollow... I thought it was supposed to get dimmer... Cavemen win. Of course the cavemen win.

She gasps, arching back, and breathes shakily for a moment. He moves closer to support her... her voice betrays her pain...

FRED: (cont'd) I can't do this, this isn't right... there's so many things I had to say. I have opinions on several issues... I never... except for the five years I spent in a hell dimension I've never been outside the U.S. I've never worked the word "dodecahedron" into a sentence without it sounding really forced. (suddenly urgent) I'm never gonna love you. I could've loved you, I would have, I have to say that to you --

It also appeared at an earlier point in the aired episode than originally written.

Guy: And I though that episode couldn't have possibly been any more perfect...
    Bluebird, thrasherpix and Guy like this.
  14. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Is that Fred's answer to the Cavemen vs Astronauts argument between Angel and Spike?

15. POTN

POTN Townie

Yes. And man does it resonate given what she was escaping from when the team found her...and ultimately what ends up happening to her.

Guy likes this.
  16. Slayrunt

Slayrunt Oh ho! Aren’t you Mr. Dicey Semantics?

Buffy throwing away yet another ripped up outfit from a fight, while she sighs and drops them in the bin.
    Maybe not that entertaining but I'd be pissed if all my clothes kept getting messed up

17. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    Someone already mentioned Willow swapping clothes with an unconscious Vamp Willow in Dopelgangland....

But even funnier (imo) would be the two of them swapping back, with the Evil, skanky, & kinda Gay Vamp Willow all conscious & gropey.

DarkGoddess and Guy like this.
  18. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    Okay, I don't normally go for Fanfic with references to song lyrics but these two just came to me whilst listening to Evanescence:-

So, these are so far off canon you wouldn't even hear the bang, but the lyrics kinda fit........

Mid S5: Buffy visiting LA, in Lorne's bar, suddenly hears Faith belting out 'Snow white queen' (Evanescence - Open Door) while looking straight at Buffy......

Post s5 - Straight after The Gift: Devastated Faith in Lorne's bar crooning 'Like you' (Evanescence - Open Door).

DeadlyDuo: Evanesence's Open Door album isn't as good as their Fallen album.
  19. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

Cordelia explaining her car to her parents. Like the time she drove the car right to the library in season 1 (I can't recall what damage was done to the car and unfortunately I can't get that dvd to play right now), and also when the werewolf punched through the roof of her car in season 2 Phases. And maybe why Cordy's car smelled so much of garlic (once Angelus was stalking them). If her dad was ripping off the IRS then I can't imagine he was pleased with all those bills Cordelia wracked up, especially through the cars.

20. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Anya shopping for bridesmaid's dresses.