1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Carrie Hopewell

Discussion in 'Buffy Boards School of Slayers and Demon Hunters' started by Buffy Summers, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

What shows (other than Buffy) and movies do you like?
    If you could go back in time, where and when would you go and why?
    [​IMG] or [​IMG] ?

Carrie Hopewell: Pretty sure talenti doesn't exist in my country, but maybe one day ;)
  2. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

@Carrie Hopewell

Just wanted to say that I made a mistake and The Plague/La peste isn't my favorite Camus book (it's very good though) but The Fall/La chute is. I'm just not used to write the titles in english lol

I'd also recommend reading his plays if you enjoy reading plays, they're very good.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  3. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

What was the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs?

What is the most disturbing conversation you have ever overheard?

What is the most disturbing conversation you have partaken in?

What quality of yours do people fail to appreciate?

What do people give you too much credit for?

Do you ever sing in public?

I don't know why I decided to get all uppity and write the titles in French :p I gave a list of my favourite books to Blair this morning, and I wrote The Stranger in English. I don't speak French and I really struggle with remembering French names and phrases. Been reading some French writers lately and the loanwords are a nightmare.

You seem to have read a lot of Camus. Would you mind giving me a reading list or something? Perhaps over PM so we don't hog this thread anymore. I don't have a lot of time for extra reading at the moment - or ever - but I could probably manage a play or two over the summer.

4. Priceless

Priceless She doesn't just fight evil, she redeems it

If you had to banish your mum or your best friend, which one would you exile and why?

What would make you join the Police Force?

If you had to pick on episode of Angel to watch on a loop, which one would it be?

Would you ever go on a reality tv show, if so which one?

Which is more over-rated, Dollhouse or Firefly?

5. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Other shows: Banshee, Arrested Development, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Orphan Black, Fringe, OITNB, The Originals, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, etc. these are the main ones.

Movies: Antichrist, Melancholia and Nyphomaniac by Lars Von Trier; the Matrix trilogy, Only Lovers Left Alive, Tangerine (which you've seen!), Kill Bill, Death Proof, Inglourious Basterds, We Need to Talk About Kevin, Moulin Rouge, Midnight in Paris, Annie Hall, Moonrise Kingdom, etc. Can't think of others right now!

I don't know... I'd go back to the little girl I used to be, back when I lived in our old apartment, give her a huge hug and explain things to her since my mom wasn't doing the best job.

Ben & Jerry's because I've never even heard of the other, lol.

The last time I screamed was probably when my mom scared me. She pulls scares on me all the time and I scare easily so I always scream!

I can't remember hearing any disturbing conversations as of late, sorry.

Most arguments with my mom are disturbing on many levels. Recently, she was pissed and told me she would whip me until I couldn't sit on my ass - that was disturbing, bull but disturbing.

People don't appreciate my fashion skills and maybe my sarcasm. People can't tell when I'm being sarcastic and I often am. I'm also stronger than I'm given credit for. People don't always appreciate the shit I've been through and how hard it was.

People give me too much credit for my intelligence. They assume I know a lot of shit that I don't know, lol. I've always been a good student and that's always been equated with smarts. There are different kinds of smarts though. No one's good at everything.

I used to sing in public from time to time, when I took singing lessons. Now I can barely sing though :rolleyes:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2017 ---
    Huh, I'm mad at my mom 90% of the time but I love her too much to exile her, so I'd be my best friend.

I'd totally join the Police Force if I wasn't scared of everything - including death. It's a pretty noble job and I would like to protect people.

I'd say I Will Remember You since it's the one that I watch the most yet it doesn't have that much depth or represent the show accurately. So, Epiphany, I think. I love its philosophy and it's such a beautiful, uplifting episode.

I don't really know any realty tv shows. I don't like them but maybe one of those really tv shows where they change your house or give you a new one? That's cool!

Firefly is more overrated. Dollhouse isn't as well known, but Firefly is considered like the best show of the century by some people and Firefly's really not that good. It's good but I've seen better. Dollhouse was often more interesting than Firefly.

HowiMetdaSlayer: MUST try Talenti - so good! :)
    OccaQuokka and WillowFromBuffy like this.
  6. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

Great answers. Have you ever tried sarcastic fashion? That is risky business. Glad to see some love for Death Proof. Seriously underrated. I get the stuff about the smarts. People either seem to think I am a genius or that I am an idiot. I have no idea who is right. I introduced my best friend to my study group once. Bad idea. He took great delight in ruining the image I had carefully constructed for myself :mad:

Sad to hear about your mum. Sounds a lot like me and my dad. That reminds me, I never thanked you for your comments in the How Was Your Day-thread, so here it goes: Thank you for your comments in the How Was Your Day-thread.

More questions:

Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilisation or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?

Would you rather the general public think you are a horrible person but your family be very proud of you or your family think you are a horrible person but the general public be very proud of you?

Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or in the real world?

Would you rather be completely invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day?

Would you rather have a horrible job, but be able to retire comfortably in 10 years or have your dream job, but have to work until the day you die?

7. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    Thanks! I'm trying!! I've had so many great questions and I'm trying real hard to sound interesting, lol.
    Sarcastic fashion, like Moschino? Not sure that's for me, but some sartorial pieces would be cool!
    Death Proof is pretty awesome. It has so many badass chicks and the coolest soundtrack. I love it when those three girls punch the shit out of Stuntman Mike. Oh, and when the girl drops her foot right on his face in the end! Perfect vengeance! (Which is something Tarantino loves to write about.)

Yeah, people have been surprised often by me being smart as well. Aww. You seem pretty smart to me! But no one can know everything and, sometimes, when you're more intelligent than average, there's this pressure to be smart at everything. I've often been ashamed of not knowing stuff, but I don't have to know or care about everything and knowledge also comes with age! What image did you carefully construct?

Hahaha. You're welcome, although I don't remember them anymore. Was this about your depression and therapy? Since I've been there and am still there, I want to help others as much as I can! You can always talk to me if you need it!

Oh, btw, thank you (and everyone else) for all the questions! You're great at this. I'd be raking my brain for hours and you seemingly come up with all of this effortlessly!

I hate the wilderness. I'd rather be a part of society. There's always hope there. Hope to find a home, get a job, etc. Plus, if I'm homeless, I can still have friends and not go insane from the isolation!

Well, as long as I know I'm a good person, I guess I would be okay with my family thinking I'm a horrible person... Nah, I guess I'd prefer the general public to think I'm a horrible person... could go either way though.

The Matrix vs the real world. Well, on the one hand, ignorance is bliss, on the other hand, I'm a sucker for the truth and will probably always choose it.

Be invisible. The naughty things you could do... Being able to fly isn't all that great, I'm sure. Your hair would fly all over the place, you'd probably eat some bugs without meaning to... what a hassle!

Have a dream job and work until the day I die. A person usually works for what, 40 years? 10 years of blissful retirement don't make up for 40 years of a shitty job (and some of your best years at that). It's never just a job though. The frustration with your job seeps into your personal life, poisoning your happiness. You won't feel fulfilled and your life will seem worthless to you. That's just not worth it for 10 great years.

Great questions :)

WillowFromBuffy likes this.
  8. nightshade

nightshade Watcher Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Weirdest dream you can remember having?

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Weirdest Christmas gift you were given?

9. Priceless

Do you read Bangel fanfic? Do you have a favourite story?

Do you ever feel lonely?

What's your biggest regret?

Tom Hardy or Michael Fassbender?

Who should be the next James Bond?

10. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    These questions are so intense! :D I wish I could answer some of them! lol

If you could have dinner with a dead celebrity (but only one), who would it be and why?
    Would you prefer to be attacked by one horse sized duck or twenty duck sized horses?
    If space travel was a possibility and you could visit any planet or moon in the solar system, which would you choose?

11. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    I only remember nightmares and one of the weirdest was imagining my, then celebrity crush, Robert Pattinson, skinned alive as if Dark!Willow had flayed him! I think in that same dream, Rob may have thrown a paper I wanted him to sign in my face. I was pretty disturbed by that dream, lol.

Hmm... Well, teacher, pop star and the usual stuff. Later, I remember wanting to be a shrink and maybe I went through an archaeologist phase because of Lara Croft.

I'm mostly given money, so nothing weird. Perhaps a white cell phone was the weirdest, since my parents should've known I hate white, and love black.

Yes, I do read Bangel fanfiction but haven't done so in a while. Phoenix Burning by Yahtzee is one of my favorites. I've read tons of amazing one-shots I can't remember the names of. Unfortunately, great multi-chapter fics are a bit of a rarity but I've read some amazing ficlets and one-shots.

If I ever feel lonely? Oh boy, do I ever. I am lonely. I feel lonelier at night though, when I'm trying and failing to fall asleep. I think this happens to everyone.

My biggest regret? I'm not sure I have one yet. Ask me in a few years when I can look back and find it. I'm also a bit too young to have regrets. Most of the time, indulging in chocolate are what I regret :p.

Tom Hardy. He's sexier, I think, and might be the better actor. To be honest, I'm not much of a fan of either, so I can't really choose one.

The next James Bond should be a girl, so I can be like "How do you like them apples" when the boys complain about being objectified because of the Bond boy, LOL. I don't know who'd I want to be Jane Bond, but James Bond could be played by Ezra Miller, because I love him and it would shake things up a bit. I'd love to have a bi or gay James Bond and someone who isn't all that "masculine" either. Ezra fits the bill. He's also a great actor.

I know, right?? They really took me seriously when I said they could be intrusive, not that I mind :D.

I'd have dinner with Leonard Cohen. I love him and am still sad about his death :(.
    20 duck sized horses, way less intimidating and easier to run away from. Also, cuter.
    Hmm... One of Saturn's moons, maybe. I'd love to see the view from up there. I imagine you can always seen Saturn in the sky, looking huge.

HowiMetdaSlayer and Priceless like this.
  12. Priceless

What are Buffy's best qualities?

Do you believe in capital punishment?

What would your perfect first date include?

Who was more interesting, Fred or Cordy?

13. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    Buffy is very brave and daring. Although she really desires to be "normal", she's not conventional. She's very authentic. I admire her strength, assertiveness and sense of humor.

No. Not at all. I don't believe in free will. I don't believe in destiny or anything of the sort either, but what is free will? What part of our brains governs itself independently? I agree with Stephen Hawking who says that we live as if we have free will. Our brains and our body make decisions based on chemistry, the best course for our survival, the world around us, etc, but we don't have any part that isn't governed by the laws of physics - which we don't control. We're just particles doing their thing. We don't choose to do anything. Some people are born "normal" and into a good environment. Some people aren't that lucky. Ultimately, you lock criminals away because it's safer, but killing them would be punishing them for something I believe, ultimately, no one's guilty of.
    Also, mistakes are often made and you might end up killing the wrong prisoner.

I don't know. Something that didn't involve that much talking because... nerves... I think watching Angel and eating ice cream in my pajamas would be a super cool date!

I think Cordy was a very straight forward and predictable character. She was funny and endearing at times, but not particularly interesting. Fred, while made into a Mary Sue often or just a pawn in a love triangle, was more layered and complex. She was vengeful and had a darkness in her that the show didn't explore enough of.

Priceless likes this.
  14. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    What was your favorite snack to have as a kid?

What was the first CD you ever bought?

15. Priceless

Who is more interesting, Wesley or Lilah?

Beach holidays or city breaks?

Has anyone ever bought you flowers?

Who was better for Willow, Oz or Tara and why?

16. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    I have no idea, but I remember being very fond of Nesquik yogurts (which wasn't a snack I had often). They were so yummy!

Again, I don't remember for sure, but maybe it was Shakira's Laundry Service (the one with the "Whenever, Wherever" song). Shakira was very popular at that time.

I find both Wesley and Lilah interesting, but I think the answer is Wesley hands down. He had a lot more screen time, more relationships and other interesting dynamics, a bigger arc, etc. Wesley is an extremely fascinating character with an amazing arc that Lilah can't compete with.

City breaks. I'm not a beach person. I hate feeling like I'm roasting in the sun, and the sand is uncomfortable.

Nope. I don't really like flowers though, so I'm not sorry.

Well, I think Tara helped Willow explore her sexuality and find confidence within herself - which is really important. Tara also didn't cheat on Willow. Oz showed Willow that someone could chose her first (unlike Xander) and was more supportive of Willow than Tara was (Tara lectured Willow a bit too much). I have a personal preference for Oz because he and Willow were cute and didn't use baby voices all the time. I think, ultimately, Oz was better for Willow - he was always a positive influence on her but didn't passively aggressively berate her like Tara did occasionally.

brinkster130 and Priceless like this.
  17. Priceless

What is your favourite Angel scene?

What is your favourite Bangel scene?

What did you think of Nina and her relationship with Angel?

Do you like art and have you a favourite artist?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

18. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Hi :D

What is your dream job?

What is your vice? Or what do you indulge in?

Favourite cocktail?

19. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy Neutered vampire who cheats at kitten poker

Sineya
    What app do you use the most?

How do you feel about Illyria?

What do the people close to you say is your best quality?

20. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    There are so many Angel moments I love but his speech in Epiphany is my favorite, followed very closely by "Let's go to work" in Not Fade Away.

My favorite Bangel scene is in Amends, when Buffy and Angel are at the top of the hill having a heart to heart. It's so well written and acted and poignant. I love it.

I was okay with Nina. I hated her and the relationship in Unleashed because it was too soon and just absurd, but in Smile Time, I thought it was cute. Nina didn't understand Angel at all and they didn't have very intense feelings for each other, but they gave each other some happiness, so that was good.

I like art, but I don't love art or have a favorite artist. My favorite arts are music, literature, cinema...

I have no idea. Hopefully, I'll have a nice house or apartment, a good stable job, be less neurotic than I currently am, still be friends with @GwenRaiden, @Bluebird, @Mylie and my other BB peeps, have an amazing wardrobe and be relatively happy with my life and myself. :)

Hi :D

I don't think I have a dream job. I do however have a dream job, meaning a job that doesn't exist but would be the best job ever. Like, imagine being paid to only write Buffyverse meta and answer fan questions about Buffy and Angel (which I do on tumblr)? That would be the greatest job ever.

I have an addictive personality, I think. I have to be very careful with my indulgences. I love chocolate and Peach Lipton Ice Tea. Those two things are my vices. Also, is Buffy and Angel a vice?

I don't drink, so I have no favorite cocktail. Sorry ;)

I don't actually use that many apps, but Tumblr, some fashion apps and Spider Solitaire are the ones I use the most.

I quite like Illyria. I think her relationship with Wesley was fascinating and superior to Fred and Wesley's relationship. I think Amy Acker did a brilliant job with Illyria. She exudes power, arrogance, indifference. I also think that Illyria made the show better. Plus, she's part of Wesley's death scene which is the best death scene ever.

I don't know. For those who know me here, what is my best quality? Perhaps trying to be a good person?

GwenRaiden: Oh I'm so sad I missed this! :(
    Fool for Buffy, Priceless and Mylie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.