1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Slayerofslayers

Discussion in 'Buffy Boards School of Slayers and Demon Hunters' started by Taake, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    On the chopping block this week we have the dark and mysterious @Slayerofslayers
    Here's a few questions to start us off:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
    2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
    3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
    4. Coffee or tea?
    5. What movie do you watch when you're sick?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week! Let the trials being!

2. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

What song plays in your head when you enter a room flanked by your two best friends?
    What annoys you most about other people?
    What would you like to be famous for?
    What will your epitaph be?

Slayerofslayers likes this.
  3. Priceless

Priceless She doesn't just fight evil, she redeems it

Do you believe in astrology?

Would you make a good spy?

What pets do you have?

Who is your favourite author?

4. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

What other shows do you like?
    What are your favorite movies?
    What's your favorite dessert?

5. Slayerofslayers

Slayerofslayers We're going to destroy the world. Want to come?

Thank you for this cool opportunity and for the questions! :D

1.) I first watched Buffy and Angel in the summer of 2015 and loved both shows. However, I didn't go back and revisit it until a year later in 2016. I remembered then how much I loved both shows and how great they were so I started re-watching episodes. I wanted people to discuss the shows with but no one I knew had seen either show and didn't seem to care for it. So I started looking online for sites and forums where people discussed Buffy and I found this site not too long after. :) I thought it was a great place to discuss Buffy as all of the people were really cool and funny and seemed to enjoy being here. Everyone here is very insightful and friendly which makes for great discussions and fun times to be had. :)

2.) Buffy and Angel are unlike any other shows. They have interesting and fleshed-out characters that you quickly become attached to, story arcs that keep you invested and on the edge of your seat until the end of each season, and themes and ideas that make you reflect on life and the world around us. They have action, humor, great romances and friendships, emotional moments that give you the feels, memorable dialogue and monologues, interesting and memorable villains, etc. They are simply great stories that you can relate to and enjoy anytime.

3.) I have only watched Angel and Buffy and a couple of episodes of Dollhouse so I'm not sure which characters would be my favorite in the whedonverse besides in those two shows. Out of Buffy and Angel, it's either Faith or Spike (followed closely by Willow or Drusilla. It's really hard for me to pick an ultimate favorite lol).

4.) I don't drink either but I do like tea better. I've never been a fan of the way coffee tastes and it makes me too jittery lol. Sorry coffee lovers!

5.) Something fun and that puts me in a good mood since being sick is always miserable for me haha. So maybe a pixar movie like A bug's life or the Incredibles or Jurassic Park since it was a movie I've loved since I was a kid and has plenty of action and excitement lol.

Fuffy Baith: Jurassic Park is my favorite!
    Last Watcher and Fuffy Baith like this.
  6. Slayerofslayers

1.) Hmmm off the top of my head I would say "With a little help from my friends" by the Beatles lol.

2.) I think when other people judge you or criticize you for the way you live your life or the way you are bothers me the most about other people. People are always trying to tell me how to live when I always do my best not to judge anyone and accept people for who they are. Of course you can try to help people or make suggestions on how to improve their life but there is a kinder way to do it that isn't just attacking the person and acting like they are better than you are.

3.) I would love to be famous for either being a musician or a writer of stories. I love singing and writing lyrics and would love to learn more instruments like the piano and the violin. I love stories as well whether its books, movies, or T.V. shows so to write a story that people connect to and remember long after I'm gone would be a huge deal for me.

4.) "He gave it his best shot. A loyal and loving person that will be missed."

7. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    What book do you wish you could've written?
    What's the best movie you've seen this year?

:)

8. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    Are you a morning person or a night owl?

What's your favorite thing to have for breakfast?

If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?

9. Slayerofslayers

1.) I don't believe in astrology but it is crazy how accurate the different signs can be in relation to people's personalities lol.

2.) I don't think I would at all. I'm a terrible liar and I don't like to lie haha. People would see through my cover quite easily I think.

3.) I have two dogs. One is a little black dog named Bella and the other is a small shitzu named Wookie. My family named them lol.

4.) It's very hard for me to pick a favorite author as I tend to like different books from different authors rather than all from the same author. Off the top of my head I really like John Steinbeck, John Green, George Orwell, and Ernest Hemingway to name a few.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 21, 2017 ---
    1.) Some of my other favorite shows besides Buffy are How I met your mother, Community, The Walking Dead, Jessica Jones, Futurama, and Rick and Morty to name a few.

2.) Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, the Alien and Predator movies, Fight Club, Forrest Gump, The Breakfast Club, etc.

3.) I really love cake. I also really like donuts.

HowiMetdaSlayer: Fellow HIMYM fan here :)
    HowiMetdaSlayer and Priceless like this.
  10. Slayerofslayers

1.) Definitely a night owl. Waking up early is always the worst lol I do love mornings though. I feel more awake and active at night then in the mornings.

2.) Bacon eggs and hasbrowns and french toast with sugar and strawberries on top lol. That or a breakfast burrito.

3.) I would go to New York City or Copenhagen in Denmark because it looks very beautiful over there. I want to go to that place where the two bodies of water meet and form a body of water in the middle.

HowiMetdaSlayer: fellow night owl here :)
    brinkster130 likes this.
  11. Priceless

Priceless She doesn't just fight evil, she redeems it

Could you survive on a desert island?

Who would you like to see playing the next James Bond?

Which reality tv show would you appear on?

Are you religious?

12. Slayerofslayers

1.) Farenheit-451. It's one of my favorite novels and has a lot to say about why books matter and why meaning matters.

2.) Hmmm off the top of my head I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago called Lowriders. It had a really good story and good character moments and interactions.

13. Slayerofslayers

1.) Maybe if I had another person or people with me lol. I have some knowledge of what to do and how to survive but not much. I could maybe survive for a short time but not long term lol.

2.) I'm not sure because I've never seen any of the James Bond movies :p It's not that I don't want to I've just happened to never have seen them. Now I want to watch them though to see for myself who should play James Bond lol.

3.) Uhhh maybe one of those dating ones? or one of those competition ones where they get eliminated or voted off. There's so many it's hard to think of examples lol.

4.) Well I am a Christian and was raised one growing up. I know they get a bad rap but I am definitely not like the ones that judges harshly or treats people badly based on their beliefs or lifestyle. I believe what I believe and treat everyone with kindness and accept them for who they are and the way they live, nor do I try to shove down people's throats what I believe or that they should live a certain way. It does make watching Buffy and Angel interesting as there are references in the shows to Heaven and Hell and demons and religious texts and items such as how crosses repel vampires. So it's interesting to see the differences between the universe Joss has created and what I believe and have seen in the various religions and beliefs of the world.

Priceless likes this.
  14. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Thank you Slayerofslayers for a great week!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.