1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Season 7: Your views, before and now

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by matt124, Apr 1, 2017.

?

Season 7: Your views, before and now

1. Still love it

2. Still like it

3. Still dislike it

4. Still hate it

5. Loved it, now like it

6. Loved it, now dislike it

7. Loved it, now hate it

8. Liked it, now love it

9. Liked it, now dislike it

10. Liked it, now hate it

11. Disliked it, now love it

12. Disliked it, now like it

13. Disliked it, now hate it

14. Hated it, now love it

15. Hated it, now like it

16. Hated it, now dislike it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Puffy

Puffy Guest

Still like it. Not perfect, because they had to rush some things (SMG: "I quit!"). And I am not a Spike hateboy, so there is no need to behave like a crybaby. ;)

Smile Time and Priceless like this.
  2. pixiedreams

pixiedreams Townie

Black Thorn
    Still dislike it. I only truly enjoyed the last episode, 'Chosen'. Buffy's smile at the end was endearing to say the least.

thetopher likes this.
  3. Dora

Dora Potential

What is this rubbish about Buffy dark side, who said Buffy had a dark side? selfish evil vampires ? Buffy was 100% human yes apparently;y her power came from a magical demon thousands of years ago but Buffy would not except any more demon power. The metaphor Spike was to Buffy was self harming, She was suffering from depression, hated her life , didn't know why she had been dragged out of heaven, she was happy there dead, Spike is dead, hence the connection, she confided in Spike because she could not speak to her friends about her problems. Buffy was isolated in seven from her friends just as in six because of Spike
    The real thing that spoiled season seven was the overdose of Spike, no story , no arch , it was no longer about Buffy and her mission the scoobies ....... as I have already written the second half of season seven was about a yob in a leather jacket, sure JW tried to make in chosen about the core four again but it was much to little much to late...at least at the end of Chosen Buffy is smiling she can live a normal life ,no Sunnyhell , no hell mouth and no evil Spike stalking her

4. LeeJones41

LeeJones41 Townie

Loved it then and love it now. It's one of the most insidious seasons I have ever watched.

5. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    Liked it then, dislike it now (but Faith makes watching the season worth it...;))

6. Athene

Athene Scooby

Loved it, now dislike it.
    Season 7 still has all of the things that previously made me like it, we have the bringers and the ubervamp who were actual threats to Buffy. The ubervamp was similar to the beast over on Angel in that they actually destroyed their respective slayers. Seriously, Buffy and Faith were a mess after fighting them and that was refreshing but obviously upsetting too.
    I still love Faith's return and 'Chosen' gave us a positive ending to Btvs.
    What makes me dislike this season is how OTT Spuffy and Spike were :rolleyes:

Oh wait I used to love this season because I used to love Spike/Spuffy and therefore how OTT they were used to be a good thing. Makes sense lol

7. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy "I wanna see how it ends"

Sineya
    It's cool that certain seasons are disliked by certain people but "still love it" is always still the most common vote. Anyway I think season 7 is underrated, especially Help, Selfless, and Lies my Parents Told Me. And even though I love Spuffy I love season 7 for lots of other reasons: Dawn at her best, all the different actors playing The First, Buffy the general (I realize that is uncommon but I enjoy it because of her transformation from the beginning of the series and showing her experience and leadership now), Faith returning, and the battle in Showtime, the most badass fight since Buffy took on Hell in Anne.

TriBel, Priceless and GoSpuffy like this.
  8. TriBel

TriBel Potential

I ticked "Like it, now love it" because there wasn't a "Watched it when it was first broadcast, can't remember my response, love it now" box. I can, if I'm feeling generous, understand the objections to it. There are some anomalies (the ubervamps are too easy to kill and the potentials were a distraction) but I can forgive that. There's some clever editing (subtle, not showy) that undermines or reinforces the narrative and lighting that does the same. I don't care that the emphasis is on Buffy and Spike. I understand the objections but it makes sense her priorities have changed - she's not 15 anymore. I like the introduction of Faith - I thought the exchange in the basement was simultaneously sexy and moving. I love that in the last shot of Revello Drive she's tight against the porch support with a huge gap to her right and the next edit is a dissolve to Spike. How can this shot not evoke the scenes they shared together in earlier seasons? This isn't just a trip down memory lane - it's asking you to go back to the beginning and return down a different path. The tableau on the bed in Touched is doing things Prime TV shouldn't be capable of doing. Miss Marsters' head tilts though.

Fool for Buffy: Love this. Totally agree about the bedside monologue. It's beyond perfect.
  9. Meliza

Meliza Potential

My rewatch next time is going to begin with Season 7 since it is last in my memory and wonderful. "Lies my parents told me" So resonate with the mythology of the show and theme of the season, I'm gonna have to pay attention to the episode titles, literally always picking up upon more things on every watch. I so need to buy one of those Buffy philso myth books.

Priceless and Fool for Buffy like this.
  10. TriBel

TriBel Potential

You can't ignore the titles. "Buffy goes Dark " edited by Lynne Edwards deals specifically with 6/7. One of the best is Rhonda Wilcox "Why Buffy Matters". I haven't read either all the way through because I've been working from seminal texts. 6/7 have attracted less monomyth criticism than the earlier series but there's still a few articles out there.