1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

season 8 thoughts

Discussion in 'Season 8' started by amberjane, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    In "Him" in Season 7, Anya had already robbed a bank. It would have been fitting for them to have used that stash (which is never used in Season 7) because they bank they owe it to is at the bottom of the pit that used to be Sunnydale by then.

2. fauxindigo

fauxindigo Townie

Spike was in the end of Season 8 wasn't he?

Also just wanted to say that yes some elements of season 8 are super-fantasy because Joss and the writers had free reign but personally, I don't mind because #1- it's a different medium so it's inevitable that more can be accomplished and that shouldn't be seen as a bad thing (imagine the crazy stories they would have done in the Buffy Animated Series set in High School) and #2- I love fantasy; BtVS and Angel are fantasy shows, and I've always felt like anything can happen on the show so Giant Dawn while maybe never would have happened in a live action Season 8, is still within the realm of possibility in this series. The changed medium allowed a story like that, that otherwise would have been impossible and the people that don't appreciate that story or element probably don't appreciate fantasy elements of storytelling as much as myself and others who do. Just saying. I get it, I get that some people want their entertainment to be gritty, "realistic", based on true stories etc.. but I always loved the buffyverse because it felt like a fantasy world where anything can happen but is still grounded in reality.