1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Skip Season 4

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by dcai0830, Jul 18, 2017.

1. dcai0830

dcai0830 “How’s forever? Does forever work for you?”

I re-watch Buffy pretty often and usually I go Seasons 1-3 (LOVE LOVE LOVE) and then I kinda skip around Season 4 because I can't stand it. In fact, since my first watch I don't think I have seen Season 4 the whole way through. I'm trying to psych myself into watching the whole thing.

What are some of the reasons you like Season 4?

What are some of your favorite episodes?

What does this Season ad to the entire arch of the story? (To me it feels so out of place).

2. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

It's the lightest and funniest season!

Buffy is adorable and extremely relatable in it. It's my favorite season for Willow, Spike and Giles are fun. It's also the first season where I can say I don't feel like punching Xander once.

It's also very representative of college life and friendships changing after high school.

My favorite episodes are the freshman, fear itself, pangs, this year's girl, hush, the yoko factor and beer bad!

Zenseem, Priceless and Fool for Buffy like this.
  3. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

I love season 4. It's the last season IMO where the scoobies seem like themselves and are a unit. They drift apart in NON DEPRESSING ways and Come back together organically. There are a bunch of great stand alones, like Pangs, Hush, Harsh light of day, Living Conditions just to name a few. The return of Faith is amazingly done . I have tons of love for this season :) it's under rated in my eyes.

4. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy Neutered vampire who cheats at kitten poker

Sineya
    I have lots of positives

1. Introduction of Tara and then Tillow, a sweet and romantic couple.
    2. Pathetic Spike, and his conflict between wanting to be evil and wanting to kill anything possible.
    3. Faith's return, which is a fantastic 2 parter.
    4. Pangs and Something Blue are hilarious, Hush and Restless are fantastic.
    5. I think this is the season where Buffy is the hottest.
    6. Introduction of Anya, a hilarious and fun personality.
    7. All of the characters becoming more grown up (except for Giles)

Athena, Priceless and GraceK like this.
  5. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

Season 4 is fantastic. The Initiative is such a great foil to the Scoobies. With no overhanging Apocalypse, there is more space for character drama.

Peter Pan in tweed.

Priceless and Fool for Buffy like this.
  6. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I like Season 4 because it's not all doom and gloom. It the last season we get to see pre-Spuffy Spike, we're also introduced to Tara and get to see Anya again.

You get some good episodes such as Hush and Something Blue. The Harsh Light of Day is my favourite episode because we get to see evil Spike again one last time (Not counting In The Dark of AtS).

We also get Sparmony which is my second favourite Spike ship after Sprusilla. It shouldn't work but somehow it does.

7. Hunga Munga

Hunga Munga Townie

Season 4 is the best and the worst of the Buffyverse living in close proximity .

It has a few widely acclaimed episodes in there (though not particularly my faves) .

It is easily my least favourite season overall but it has some of the best episodes ...which makes no sense at all :D .

For me , certain episodes of Season 4 are just so damn good .
    The Freshman
    Pangs
    Who Are You
    Something Blue

Many commentators would add 'Hush' and 'Restless' to that list .

Personally I think the season stumbles badly around 'The I in Team' , 'Goodbye Iowa' and never really recovers its stride .'Where the Wild Things are' is another low point .

AnthonyCordova likes this.
  8. The Bronze

The Bronze Rogue Demon Hunter

Black Thorn
    Once you adjust to life after the High School years and if you can tune out a bit of the ropey initiative stuff then Season 4 is great. I think it's one I enjoy much more on repeat viewings. There's loads of good fun episodes, good character work and the standalone episodes like Hush are great.

9. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    A perfect season 4 of a long running show. Sets up new paths, new beginnings, lots of character work and some real exciting stuff we'd not seen before. I think season 4 has more of the standout episodes of the show.

10. Antho

Antho Potential

Off topic : When I read the title of the topic, I thought it is talking about "Skip" the demon in Angel season 4 :D.

11. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    Season 4 is my favorite season for several reasons. It's the funniest season and I'm really fond of comedy. Everyone's more mature, even Xander. We also have the last of the good ol' scooby gang in its best form and with some great new members: Anya at her best, Spike at his best and most perfect human being in all the 'verses aka Tara. What's not to like about season 4 besides Adam?

My favorite episodes are Hush, Restless, Beer Bad, Something Blue, Pangs, Living Conditions, Who Are You?, Fear Itself and Yoko Factor.

Mylie likes this.