1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Slayers

Discussion in 'Inside Out' started by WillowSummers88, Mar 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. WillowSummers88

WillowSummers88 Townie

I come to you all as a fan of the show. Anything after the shows (Btvs and Angel) I've seen and know it exists but I have never read it. Unless you count reading some of the new characters wikia pages on the BTVS wikia site.

I was wondering if all Slayers are at the same strength level. Obviously experience and fighting technique can give one slayer an edge over another.

Am I making sense? Probably not... Here. Maybe this will be the better question. Is Buffy as strong as Sineya?

Or has the slayer line got weaker and weaker after Sineya? Because Sineya used that scythe to kill a old one.

2. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I think that it's a pretty fair assumption that all Slayers are/were unique in their own way, some stronger, some faster, some smarter, some tall, some short... Slayers aren't clones, and I would go so far as to speculate that it was intentionally planned that they be that way by the Shadow men. If Slayer Z is the same as all Slayers running back to Slayer A, then they would all have had the same strengths and weaknesses, the former easily avoided, and the latter easily exploited, in short order by the demon/vampire community.

Uniqueness and individuality are the Slayer's most important survival tools. That and adaptability.

WillowSummers88 likes this.
  3. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Agreed, which is why Kennedy's treatment of Chloe annoyed me so much. Chloe simply turned the wrong way during the "drill", a simple error that's easy to make. She was still doing the moves, she was still training. Kennedy had no right to treat her as she did.

ChaseRules: Agreed . Kennedy was being a bully there.
  4. WillowSummers88

WillowSummers88 Townie

Does anyone like Kennedy?

5. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    I do. Not a fan of how Limon portrayed her though.

6. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Yes! She was the only one to not only accept her calling but relish it. She was a one-woman intervention with Willow who cured her of the spell Amy put on her and separated Willow from her grief. As strange as it may seem, when grief goes, you may miss it, but you can only move on when that happens.

7. white avenger

There are two ways to handle a situation like that. One is the Sensei/Yoda approach, with the sage master instructing the young student. ("You have erred, Grasshopper. Let me show you the proper way.") The other is the drill sergeant kicking the raw recruit into shape before sending them off into combat. ("You slack bellied dumb a** idiot, do it right, or I'm gonna skin you and use your head for a basketball!") The former takes skill, knowledge, and patience that Kennedy obviously didn't have. All that the latter required was a loud voice and a bullying nature.

Kennedy ain't Yoda.

ChaseRules: You right . Kennedy herself said she was a brat .
  8. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    Kennedy wanted to be a Slayer because of what she could do . She didn't seem to care about anything else . Well she liked Willow too but that was it.

9. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Kennedy reminds me of General George S. Patton. He was the wealthiest man to become a general in the US Army in WWII and many in his position would have run back to the comfort of their money and sought a deferment of some sort. But he was eager to get on with the fight. The other potentials remind me of one person I hired in 2006 who begged for the job them slacked off and wasted time. In the end, I had to finish his job for him after kicking him off it.

Faith had a similar attitude to Kennedy and she used it to good effect.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  10. white avenger

In her own words, Kennedy had always gotten her way, and she considered Willow "her way" in Season 7, so it might be said that she wanted to "do" Willow, as well.

ChaseRules likes this.
  11. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Very good point you made there . Also I think Kennedy had know for some time she was a possible Slayer & had trained for it.

I bet most of the others hadn't unlike Kennedy .

12. WillowSummers88

WillowSummers88 Townie

They tried to follow up one of the greatest romances in the show with Kennedy. I'm sorry it just didn't work. Faith also liked her calling if I remember correctly, but for some reason, the writers decided "let's turn Faith "evil" Even though she has only killed two humans. Yet the scoobies treated her as if she was Adolf Hitler, while Buffy is over their riding Spike's shaft and because she likes him. He gets a pass for all the hundreds of people he has killed.

Anyanka Bunny Killer: Riding Spike's shaft! Excellent. lol
  13. ChaseRules

Sineya
    It didn't work for me either . And the way Kennedy was made it even worse .

And they turned on Faith a long time before she killed anyone . Why was Faith living by herself in a hotel room
    I have to ask . Also what about Anya . She had killed & manied people for close to a thousand years but they didn't hate
    her unlike Faith .

Last Watcher likes this.
  14. WillowSummers88

WillowSummers88 Townie

Because Anya was giving Xander some P.

15. ChaseRules

Sineya
    And that the main reason Xander stood up for Anya.

16. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

The only reason Kennedy got the "job" of training the potentials was because she was sleeping with Willow and Buffy was too busy with Spike. Kennedy thought herself above the rest of the potentials and I think someone should've put her in her place rather than letting her throw her weight around.

ChaseRules and GraceK like this.
  17. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

Thank you!!! I hated Kennedy, not just for all the reasons that are obvious, but for how she set herself above everyone. She even acted like That with Buffy...yet for all her bitching she had no problem mooching off the Slayer and staying at her house.

WillowSummers88 and DeadlyDuo like this.
  18. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Lets not forgot how she one time said she was sick just so she could stay with Willow instead of going out on patrol with the rest of them .
    Kennedy was way too used to getting her way & didn't see any reason to stop that .

Plus there was no reason for Kennedy to take over training the potentials. What Giles should have done is gotten Faith out of
    prision to help out instead of having someone like Kennedy force her self into the role.

DeadlyDuo and GraceK like this.
  19. white avenger

When I was in boot camp, there were 2 men from our company designated as "RCPO" (Recruit Chief Petty Officer) and "RPO1" (Recruit Petty Officer First Place) who were in charge of our Company when the Drill Instructor or his assistants weren't around. That's common practice, just for the simple reason that the people actually in charge, in this case, Willow, Xander, and, ultimately, Buffy, couldn't, and shouldn't , be troubled with the really trivial details of running the team (No, Buffy wasn't really a general, and the Potentials weren't really soldiers, but the principal still applies) There would be times when Buffy and the Scoobies wouldn't be around, and someone had to be left in charge. From what we saw, Kennedy was supposedly the oldest of the Potentials, so she would be the logical choice.

Unless you wanted to leave Andrew in charge while all the grownups were away.

20. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Just because Kennedy was the oldest was no reason. There should have been someone who was better getting along with people not someone like Kennedy.

DeadlyDuo likes this.