1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spike's Half Lame Attempt to Kill Buffy

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by Blair, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Blair

Blair Vamp Blair

Sineya
    In "Fool For Love" does Buffy not even realise that Spike had a gun and put two and two together that Spike wanted to kill her?
    I mean, I know she had a lot on her mind- but vampire with a gun...?

2. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

I assumed she did not care. Buffy is completely broken down and her slayer instincts are off. Would it shock you if I said I love this scene? :p I think Spike would have been happy to let Buffy kill him. Seeing his heroine reduced to tears took all the joy out it, though.

GoSpuffy and Priceless like this.
  3. Blair

Blair Vamp Blair

Sineya
    No shock at all. I get that Spike felt such emotion when he saw Buffy. Not exactly the fight he wanted.

WillowFromBuffy likes this.
  4. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Maybe she thought he had a penchant for clay pigeon? :D

I just don't think she even cares enough to acknowledge it. Her only thoughts are for her mum and the impending hospital stay. She makes no attempt to stop him comforting her, so she's just not with it at that moment.

DeadlyDuo and Priceless like this.
  5. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Fear is the mind-killer

Black Thorn
    Definitely one of my favourite Spike scenes.

6. Stoney

Stoney Spiked!

When Spike first enters obviously Buffy is somewhat distracted by the emotional gut punch she has just received. But I don't think it is that she doesn't register the shot gun, she just dismisses it. I think she sees his armed entrance for what it is, Spike's melodramatic response to his pride getting bruised. I don't think she believes he is any danger, perhaps Xander even told her of the chip firing when he pointed a gun before. Spike needed to bristle and feel like he had picked himself back up again and he is trying to regain his desired image, to be perceived as strong and a genuine threat etc. I think Buffy sees that, but simply has no time/interest to even acknowledge his attempt to get his swagger back right now.

It is a great scene between them. Spike drops his attempts at a front and just simply asks what is wrong, what he can do, and Buffy is willing to sit with him and accept his attempt to comfort her. Both of them are thrown by their emotional responses to others and it allows this moment together outside of the norm. Fantastic end to a fabulous episode.