1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Lost Angeles (Gunn/Buffy)

Discussion in 'Introduction To The Watcher Diaries' started by CharlieGunn1, Mar 8, 2017.

1. CharlieGunn1

CharlieGunn1 Ready for battle...

AU Fanfic

Summary: Buffy Stays In LA after the Events of Becoming Part 2...

Trying to be the Slayer in a town as big and bad as LA was never going to be easy. Buffy Summers is in for the fight of her life, but she won't fight alone. With an apocalypse looming and evil about, she finds an ally and a whole new world where she's needed.

Lost Angeles

Chapter 1.... To Stay and Slay

"Great... this was a new shirt." Buffy said angrily to herself as she studied the dust of the recently staked creature of the night staining the white sweater in the dirty mirror. It was her first new anything in a long time. Six months in Los Angeles, and she still found herself alone in the same small apartment. She'd done what she could to make the place home, a small flower pot on the one one window sill, a couple of posters of local bands covered the most obvious holes and mold. She even fixed the leaky sink, surprising the buildings irresponsible super. The water now only dripped every other day.

She'd managed to salvage a television with only one damaged knob. It got two channels, static, and less static. The latter occasionally picked up the news, not that it was worth looking at even then. Los Angeles wasn't like Sunnydale. The evening news wasn't always the latest grim murder, yet that was somehow worse in Buffy's eyes. It was if there were two worlds, and the news never seemed to care about what happened where Buffy resided. No, everything was always movie premieres and shiny weathermen chattering on about nothing important. She rubbed her shoulder where the latest creep had managed to get in a decent bruise, but somehow it was less painful then the last time she'd remembered it.

Buffy took her time removing her clothes, filling the small sink in her kitchen with water and soap, and then began to slowly wash out her clothes. The noise of a city approaching the middle of the night came through the adjacent open window, sirens' wailed, and the tenement house across the way echoed with the sounds of a squabbling couple. Buffy sighed, hoping that the stain would wash clean, but continually disappointed with the results. At least her bed was a little softer then when she'd moved in, she'd been paid in a mattress form after saving the owner of the local mattress emporium from a couple of ignorant vamps.

"Rent!"
    came the sound of a older man's voice from down the hall. The thin walls made it sound almost as if the old man was next to Buffy. She could even smell landlord's garlicky breath, and she made a face as she recalled their last run in. He was a cruel man with an even crueler voice, and she was sure it was only due to luck that she hadn't ended him last month when he saw him punch a fellow tenant in the stomach for the lightest of offenses. Still this wasn't Sunnydale, and Anne wasn't someone who could risk assaulting a human, even if he was vile piece of work. He somehow reminded her of Ted... "Ugh ...Ted" she said aloud finally breaking the silence of the room.

She hung the sweater over the barely working radiator, hoping it would dry just a little faster, and got dressed in one of the few outfits that was still in decent shape, and tied her hair back, tired of messing with it's slightly to long appearance. It had been months she'd gotten it cut, but somehow it mattered less to her. This wasn't much of a life, but she figured it was better then one spent having constantly apologize for what she'd done. Here at least she could still be the slayer, she didn't have to have grand plans, or worry about the future. There wasn't anyone of hers to care about getting hurt or injured, no one to worry about but herself and living another day. She could just...be...

She flopped down on the bed, tired from yet another day of working two jobs, the first at the second diner in as many months, and the other as the slayer. She missed her old life, and mused about what funny thing Xander might be saying, and how Willow would chuckle, Cordelia would scowl, and Giles would say something British and charming and funny in a completely different way. She wondered about her mother, about how much pain she must be in. But most of all, she wondered about Angel... where he'd gone... if he was still alive.

The television finally squawked to life, finally broadcasting one of the far and few between news reports.

STATIC "-several officers of the LAPD were qouted-" STATIC

"-unusual bite marks-" STATIC "work of stray dogs"STATIC

"victims completely drain-"STATIC "near south cental aven-"STATIC

Buffy perked up. That didn't sound like any stray dog's she'd heard of. She got to her feet, looking over to the small rusty refrigerator. Her stomach rumbled, and there were at least a dozen safer options then going out once again into the cold. She wondered if this might be the last time, again for hundredth time. The moment of indecision passed though. She was alone, there wasn't anyone to tell her stop, no one to say rest up for the night. There was only the four mostly barren walls, and Mister Pointy, and her deciding to enter the fray one more time.

"What do you say Senior Pointy? One more round?"

---

"As I live and breath..." the voice echoed down a small back alley adjacent to a large warehouse. The night sky above threatened to open up, as a roll of thunder echoed through the Badlands of Los Angeles, and area where few but the brave dared to tread during daylight, and none but the foolhardy after sundown.

"But...you don't breath Jack." said a nearby heavy set vampire who looked on eagerly at the innocent victim who was about to be devoured. Another vampire, female and clad in what looked to be street punk garb hung close, hissing as she too prepared to feed.

"It's a figure of speech Hodge,"
    The vampire said exasperated. The tall dark creature wearing a hoodie stood with two other vampires, holding a young woman who was squirming trying to get free.

The heavy set vampire still seemed confused.

"I'm not gonna spell it out for you, geez, watch some western's sometime will ya'?" Jack spat out.

"Let's just eat already." the female vamp said growing restless. Lorna was dressed like a common housewife, if said housewife had been eaten and a demon had taken up residence in her corpse.

"Now, now, Lorna this one gave us quite the run, I think we've earned a little play time. Don't you pet?"
    The tall vamp said menacingly. He bore a large red colored mohawk, and his face was covered with tatoo's and piercings. He tossed the girl to Hodge, and chuckled.

"Let me go! Or-", a feisty dark skinned girl said, struggling in vain to free herself. The girl was sweating heavily, having just missed escaping the small pack.

"Or what, ain't no one here sweetie. Now... how's about you give us kiss. " Hodge said as he bore his fangs and prepared to bite into the small morsel in front of him.

"Kiss this-"
    Came a yell from atop a nearby car. There a figure in a black coat with fingerless gloves fired a crossbow that flew with potent accuracy, slamming into the chest of the monster that held Alonna aloft.

"It's a set-" The words left Hodges' mouth as he grimaced, and turned to ash. Now free, Alonna turned and ran. Several other teenagers popped up from their hiding places completing the ambush.

The female vampire turned to see Charles Gunn, clad in black jeans and sneakers, with a t-shrit reading 'Malcom X', reloading.

"It's him!" Jack said angrily. His face turning into the grim visage of vampire, and preparing to fight.

Jack turned his attention to the closest teen, a young man wielding a wooden stake. The boy struck hard, but missed the heart. Grabbing the spear, Hodge lifted the boy in the air and tossed him across the alley into a nearby car, knocking him out cold with a smash.

A young teenage girl and a partner tried to corner the female vamp with improvised stakes, but the creature of the night was too fast, in a short order one had her knee broken, and the other was knocked out. Lorna skulked off, clearly not interested in putting herself at any further risk.

"Jason watch your back!"
    Alonna called, as the young man tangled with Jack. Gun fired again but this time the bolt missed, hitting Jack in the shoulder. Removing the offending bolt, Jack rammed it into the arm of Jason, who dropped his stake and fell back, as Gunn moved up.

"Get out of here, take Alonna and the others..." Gunn said as Jack was about to be on them.

"But-"
    Jason tried to protest.

"GO!" Gunned yelled authoritatively, as he pulled a stake from his jacket.

"So, you're the one they call Gunn. Heard this was your turf. Dustin' our kind like it was nothing." Jack said as he paced back and forth, he ran his hand threw his mohawk, and turned to look at Gunn.

"Apparently not, if you had you'd a never come here vamp." Gunn said psyching himself up for the fight he knew might be too much for him.

"You think I'm afraid of a little human, you might be big with your 'bros', but against me, you're just another snack." Jack said finally coming to a stop.

"I sure hear a lot of talkin'. We gonna fight or chat Oprah style? You don't know me Jack, cause it'll take a hell of a lot more then one vampire to scare me." Gunn replied defiantly

"How about five?" Jack said with a smile. From around the corner came two more vampires, and another two seemed to drop down from the buildings to the left and right of Charles, who now found himself alone and out numbered. We planned the ambush too close to the vamps nest, Gunn swore to himself silently.

"Five to one? Seems a little one sided, sure you don't want to call for more backup?"
    Gunn said as the vamp's approached. A crack of thunder rolled through, and Gunn took a breath ready to fight to the last.

"Hey... " said a tiny voice at the end of the street. The vamps and Gunn all turned to see a small blonde teenager approaching with an extremely casual attitude. She was wearing a tattered yellow jacket, and tornup jeans, just the sort of garb someone might wear into the badlands if they were looking to get eaten.

"You guy's having a dance off West Side story-like? 'cause I've gotta see that. Course the Jets' and the Sharks' were about even and this seems... well less fair."

"Girl...get out of here!" Gunn said as he tried to warn the girl off.

"No, let her stay, I enjoy having a living audience." Jack signaled for two of his fellow vampires to grab the girl, and they approached, eagerly anticipating an easy mark.

Gunn then charged, catching Jack off guard, and crashing into the closest Vampire near him. Grabbing his stake he dusted the fiend, as Jack grabbed him from behind. Gunn elbowed his face, broke free and yelled out, warning the girl off again.

"Look out!"

"Oh, don't worry about me... I always put on a show." Buffy said as she surprised the closest Vampire with a kick to the chest that sent him flying. The other vampire was stunned by the blow, and watched as the girl plunged a stake through his chest.

The fifth vampire approached the girl, this time engaging her fully, the element of surprise gone. The girl blocked each blow was timing and precision, and he could only growl as she flipped him over using her impressive leverage.

Jack continued to tangle with Gunn, his superior strength only negated by the speed and reflexes of a Gunn whose life had been spent fighting to survive similar odds. Still Gunn was at a distinct disadvantage, and a serious backhand from Jack send him spinning. As Gunn tried to rally, Jack took a moment to recognize who and what was attacking them. He'd heard of them, but-

He watched as Buffy slammed her fist into another Vampires face, knocking him for a loop.

"The Slayer! Screw this!"
    He said aloud, and then retreated into the night, aware the odd's were no longer looking good.

Gunn got to his feet slowly, trying to recover his senses from the blow. The rain began too poor now, large fat rain drops that soaked anything uncovered, anything left open to the elements.

A few moments passed, as Buffy finished her fight with the last vamp, Having broken broken the fifth vampires' arm. The creature howled in pain, and Buffy approached. "Not yet!", the beast appealed strangely.

"Sorry, but Officer Krupke's not on duty tonight." She quipped and staked him. Relaxing just slightly Buffy dropped her guard... as a figure leapt from atop a nearby hollowed out van and latched on to her back. Lorna, who had waited for the perfect moment to strike, finally had it. Buffy struggled, but Lorna held tight and bit down, beginning to feed.

Buffy screamed, but couldn't break the grip, and she could quickly feel the blood loss becoming critical. Her world began to fade... the colors of the dark night began to grey. Maybe this time... She fell to her knees still within Lorna's grip. Maybe I'll see Angel... maybe he's waiting for-

{to be continued}

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. CharlieGunn1

Chapter 2... Handcuff's Are You're Friend

There was light...wonderful warm light.

"Some people have a destiny, ya know. They got things they gotta do, like looking after annoying-"

"That's not an excuse, you got lucky."

"I didn't, she's like an angel..."

This isn't so bad. Buffy said to herself. More bickering then she's imagined but maybe angels were cranky without caffeine. She always figured actual heaven would have more wings and less hip hop music, but still, Heaven. Also, why did heaven smell like mothballs....Wait, what?

"She's waking up." said a young woman's voice that hovered nearby.

"Tyler shut that off." Gun yelled out down the hall.

"What... happened about me?"
    Buffy said as she spoke up from her stupor.

Gunn stood nearby, wringing a cloth with blood into a small bucket nearby the bed.

"You're either the bravest valley girl in the world, or the craziest." He said eagerly, trying his best to sound magnanimous, and yet sarcastic at the same time.

"I vote both. You feelin' alright?"
    Alonna asked worriedly.

"I'm ok, where... where?" Buffy said returning to sense. She was covered in a brown blanket, a small bandage over her shoulder, from where Lorna had attacked.

"Home, or what used to be one. Tyler found it, used to be a crackhouse or smackhut, or something like that." Gunn said taking a seat on a chair near the couch Buffy was lying on.

"Charles saved you from that blood sucker, after you saved him. Still, thought you might be one too considering what he saw you do."

"No... I'm just me."
    Buffy replied, still weak.

"And who would that be exactly." Gunn asked quietly, doing his best to be gentle.

"Me.... I'm um... Anne. I'm no one. Thanks for, ya' know, saving me." Buffy said darkly looking away and out the window.

"Gunn, Charles Gunn, this is my sister Alonna. So you wanna try that again with less pausing between between your pronouns?"

"Ease off Charles, she's hurt, she's hand-cuffed, and she's not going anywhere."

Buffy looked down to see her ankle handcuffed to the couch. She was tempted to rip it free, but decided that she wasn't strong enough yet.

"Yeah, sorry about that. But after the things we've seen, you can't blame us the extra caution. Didn't know if you'd wake up in a non-killing mood." Gunn said bluntly.

"I- don't kill people." Buffy said as she attempted to sit up.

"Good to know, but you still ain't exactly human are you? This ain't exactly a damn pencil" Alonna said slightly worried, holding aloft 'Mr. Pointy'. The girl stood over Charles' shoulder, somehow protecting him and herself at the same time.

"I'm..." Buffy said nothing more, her silence deafening. She kicked her leg out and the arm of the couch came free as if it were balsa. She smiled with an awkward smirk at the reveal of her power.

"Yeah, kinda figured that wouldn't hold."
    Gunn said as he leaned down to unlock the remaining mechanism.

Tyler looking on protested silently with his hands...

"Sorry, about the couch." She said sheepishly. "I'm really good at destroying things."

"Ain't nobody asked you Tyler, and besides... she wanted to hurt us, I'm thinking she'd already be doing it."

"It's ok, you keep your secret. I'm just glad you came along when you did. Where'd you get the super strength" Alonna declared.

"Come on, I would have had Jack. Just didn't anticipate the rest of the gang." Gunn said boastfully.

"You're welcome. I tend to save people, I'm kinda pesky that way." Buffy.

"So you're strong, you kill vampires, and you're name isn't Anne."
    Alonna said musing.

"That's about it." Buffy replied trying to stop the speculation.

"Slayer." Gunn said thinking aloud.

"What who told yo-"

"Jack said it, 'fore he ran off. So your name is Slayer? Yeah, I'd prefer Anne too-"

"No... I'm-" Buffy sat up fully yawning a bit.

"I'm Buffy," She announced as if it were a big deal.

"You're strong we know." Alonna said as she came closer and sat nearby. The rest of the house seemed to have squatters as well, here and there Buffy could see kids, teenagers younger and older. Most should have been in school, all of them should be at a home with parents, or parent as in her case. The place had crosses in every window, and there weapons hanging on the walls, stakes and wooden spears, as well a crude crossbow or too.

"No. My name is Buffy Summers... I'm a Vampire Slayer. She whose destined dark the fightness? I mean fight the darkness. Sorry Giles always said that bit."

"Buffy... the Vampire Slayer, that's new." Alonna said surprised at how well the words flowed together.

"Old actually, ancient, at least that's what I'm told", Buffy said, wishing she'd stolen at least one of Giles' books on the way out of town.

"So you come to L.A. to fight the good fight? Ain't we lucky. Who's this 'Giles', he your boyfriend or something?" Gunn said as he took her in with a glance.

"I'm not here to, I mean, I have to-, can you not tell anyone about the whole slayer thing?" She couldn't tell strangers, let alone friends.

"Hey, you saved my big brother, far as I'm concerned you could be Charles Manson and I'd owe you one. You running from something? 'Cause we know how that is." Alonna said touching Buffy on her arm reassuringly.

"We all come from somewhere, Tyler back there lost both his parents two months back, vamp's took 'em. Doctor's say he went mute, hysterical something or other. Everyone here has either lost someone, or is running from something. You could stay here if-"

"No, I... just have to get back. Besides I'll be fired... again." Buffy ignored the urge to tell someone about the hell she'd been through since she run Angel through with a sword.

"Alright, but you better let me drive you back."
    Gunn said getting up to grab his keys.

"I can handle myself." Buffy said proudly.

"Sure, but unless you got GPS and a rocket pack hidden in that jacket, you gonna need someone who knows L.A. Besides, in this neighborhood, monsters and creeps don't just come out at night." Gunn said with a knowing frown.

"You'd better let him Buffy, when Charles gets it in his head to play shining knight he gets super stubborn."

{To be continued}

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  3. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    Like this so far . And I also like how stubborn Gunn geting :D

4. CharlieGunn1

(Hello Dear Reader... and welcome. I've always wanted to write a story set in the Buffyverse where Gunn and Buffy become direct allies. This story is also a chance to bring back great potential characters that may have been lost or underused. Expect the unexpected!)

Chapter 3 ... The Soft Light of Day

Gunn's truck shuddered too a stop outside the small apartment building in the rundown southside of the City of Angels. The sun was above the horizon now, burning through the last remnant of clouds. The street outside Buffy's place was a wash with people getting about their lives such as they were. Homeless folks rummaged about, and all manner of people were just beginning the day anew.

"This it?" Gunn asked bending down slightly to peer at the dilapidated edifice of a once proud structure through the dusty windshield. His eyes were a mixture of concern and doubt.

"Home sweet...hovel," Buffy said sheepishly as she prepared to get out. Hesitating just a moment longer then she meant to.

"Really seem kinda eager." Gunn said as he noticed her hesitation.

"No really, it's not that bad, it doesn't even smell, most of the time." She said with the first smile Gunn had seen her make since they'd met.

"See there, you must be feeling better, folks always get sarcastical when their on the mend." Gunn mused intentionally creating a fake word.

"Thanks for the ride," she said at the last moment.

"Listen, I know it's none o' my business, but you gotta watch yourself." Gunn said aloud after she paused.

"Hey, I'm not the one who was taking on five vamp's all by lonesome. And you're right, it's not your business." She replied, looking him dead in the eyes, confronting him with his own foolishness.

"Yeah, that was stupid, I admit it. But something tells me that if I hadn't been in that Alley you would have died, plus I don't have super strength." Gunn said sarcastically. He tried his best to make his words authoritative. He wasn't in charge of her, or responsible for her life, but there was more to this girl, and he wasn't about to just let her back into a slow death.

"You have a point, or this a kind of lecture without an ending?" Buffy said sardonically.

"My point is you need training, maybe a crew. No way a low down dirty Vamp like Lorna should have a chance at ending you. You should have someone to watch your back... " Gunn said wistfully, thinking back to his early days dodging vamps and demons.

Buffy paused before responding. Her thoughts wandered back to Sunnydale again. She couldn't go back there, that Buffy who was wide eyed and fresh to the world was gone. That wasn't her life anymore. Charles couldn't know, but some how the tall guy was speaking right to her heart.

"Now maybe I'm over the line, but you need people. Trust me, I seen it before, kids who are convinced they ain't worth saving. It always ends the same. They think they can handle things on their own, until they end up face down in the canal. You got power, that's true, but you also got this death wish about you. You deserve-"

"You have no idea... no idea what I've been through... what I've seen. You can't know what I've had to do, what I had to give up." she said frustrated and angry with his insistence.

"That's true. I can't pretend I know your life. But I know suffering, I know pain. And I know that whatever you're punishing yourself for, it ain't worth you dying. Things are too hard, i get that. You don't want to go back? Fine, stay. How about you try going forwards some kinda a way?" Gunn said as he put the truck in park.

"What are you..."

"There's evil things about, good people that are fighting to survive, and they could use someone who can punch like a mack truck on occasion. But your stuck... something has you frozen, and if you let it, whatever it is will pull you down for good." Gunn said plainly, no agenda, just concern about his new savior.

Gunn got out of the truck and came to the passenger side of the vehicle. He opened the door for her, and waited as she hopped out. He placed a used cellphone in her hand, and gently closed both his hands over her one, before she could refuse the gift.

"Got this from a vamp's stash on 112th street. Vampire with a cellphone, what a world right? You need something you call, got my beeper number programmed and everythin'. You ring, I come, simple as that." Gunn said calmly as he let her hand go, and turned to leave.

"Why are you being nice to me? You... you don't even know me." Buffy said surprised at the gift. She looked up at Charles as he hoped back into the truck.

"I guess I have a soft spot for super powered white girls who are a little broken." He said with a wry smile, and started the truck.

"Why?" Buffy asked pondering her new friend.

" 'Cause we all are." He responded, giving her a nod as he pulled off.

---

The stairs her apartment were as worn as ever, and Buffy scrambled up them, as she thought over Gunn's words. He was like Xander but... different. Maybe Xander if he'd been born in a desperate neighborhood, with only his wits and a stake between him an death... and you know... black. She didn't want to be reminded of what she'd left, and she couldn't help but feel the pang of loneliness every time she thought of them.

Still he's...nice, she thought as she turned the key in her lock, and opened the door. She needed a nap, looking at the clock in her decrepit flat, she could the clock said 7:00 am. Three hours before work... not exactly a banquet of sleep, but better then nothing.

Opening the fridge, Buffy tossed Mr. Pointy in with several other weapons she had stowed away. Right next to yesterday's noodles, and above the science experimenter of a former pie from last weeks pay.

Sleep was fast and easy, there was nothing like a night of slaying to put one to sleep. As she awoke, showered and got dressed in her uniform, her mind kept going back to the conversation she'd had with Gunn. He was right, if she wasn't going to go back, then the least she could do was go forward.

"knock! knock!"

Buffy turned to look at the door. Someone had found her, someone who had come looking. She thought about running, leaping for the window and running until her longs burst. Instead she stopped, opened the fridge, retrieved a small axe, and held it the ready.

"knock-knock-knock!"

She unlocked the door, and slowly opened, weapon in hand, ready dispatch whatever thing had followed her. She looked up at the figure and saw... a forty something woman with glasses.

"Good, ready for anything I see." The woman said with a british accent, examining her with a knowing look. The woman was tall, brownish-blonde, with a calming smile, and the look of someone of authority.

"Who... who the heck are you supposed to be?" Buffy asked wondering just who his imperious looking woman could be.

"Gwendolyn Post. Pleased to meet you."

{to be continued}

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  5. ChaseRules

Sineya
    Nice. Some one Watcher & evil .Lol.

6. CharlieGunn1

Chapter 4...Watched

A shrill whistle picked up steam, as a boiling teapot of water finally came to fruition. The stove was old fashioned, and so was the oven it sat over, in fact the entire kitchen seemed to reek of old world charm and sophistication.

"About bloody time." Said the older man who retrieved the pot and placed it on a small silver tray. The chef, hit a bell, and soon a younger man, dressed to the nines in a waiters uniform entered, to retrieve the tray.

"Room 21, Reginald, and be quick about it."

"Aye sir."

"And use proper diction this time dammit. I vouched for you. Remember that." The younger man nodded, and moved off as quickly as he came. The marble floors, the oak wood columns, the entire house was pristine and classical. Taking a prestigious looking lift, the waiter waited patiently for the machine to deposit him on the wrong floor. When the doors opened, he ambled forth, passing several open classroom doors, in each young men and women worked eagerly at their lessons. One room had two fencers, desperately pressing each other with foils. Another a silver haired man spoke Latin word, causing a small cat to appear suddenly, and moments later a pile of shrimp appeared from no where.

Finally the end of the hall came, he knocked, and a deep gruff sounding voice bellowed for him to- "Enter."

An adult woman stood with her back to the desk, and the waiter Reginald could feel the atmosphere was tense. Behind the desk of the headmaster sat the man himself. A heavy set older man with all the refinement and training years of being the head of the esteemed Watchers' Council could bring.

"You cannot even acknowledge that I should have been picked can you. I had all the requisite experience, training, even in magick." Ms. Post said, spinning a small silver globe on a nearby table.

"Nonsense, Mr. Giles has been more then up to the task. Granted his style is becoming more... American then we care for. You on the other hand are needed here. Your research into the so called "Powers That Be" has been invaluable."

"Invaluable? I've been humiliated, mocked, and crammed into the library with that lecherous-" The woman's voice was incredulous, angrier then Reginald had ever heard a watchers' voice get before. He placed the platter in front of the headmaster.

"Felix is a good man Gwendolyn, I'll not hear those accusations again."

Reginald paused waiting to see if he would be needed. He was waved off, and as he left he stopped outside to listen to the rest of the exchange.

"I'm telling you that the glove can still be found, my findings are clear, if you would only-" Gwendolyn tried again only to be cut off summarily.

"You've been reading that bloody codex against my orders haven't you! Confound-it woman! We don't know where it comes from, let alone what those evil leeches were planning to do-" The headmaster thundered.

"IF you would take the time to look at my research, you would see that the glove has inter-dimensional capabilities and that it draws it's power from another realm. If I had the glove, I could theoretically-" Her rant grew almost feverish, now she truly had pushed the headmaster to his limit.

"Enough, Ms. Post. That damned book has driven smarter and more experienced men then you mad. We don't even understand it's true power. Consider yourself on suspension until further notice."

"What... you can't mean? How can I-"

"Effective immediately. You're antics in front of the students saw to that. If you're lucky, the suspension will only be for a few months."

"You can't do this! Do you know how hard I've worked, how much I sacrificed! I spent my life training for this... and the next slayer is due-"

"Yes, and Mr. Price we'll be assigned once his last lesson's are complete. You forget your station Ms. Post"

"That worthless egotistical sheltered dandy!? Nepotism? Is that what this comes down to? Is there no end to this organization's corruption?"

"You have stepped way over the line Ms. Post. You will obey my orders, and you will clear your things out by the end of the day. You will abandon your research and turn the codex back into the library vault. Two months in Kirkwall, unless you wish to press your luck further?"

"This... will not stand Headmaster, I promise you." Gwendolyn said her face contorted from anger, as she exited.

---

"Watchers Council? Really? They still... want me?" Buffy seemed incredulous. She had a hard time understanding why they would still want her. She'd fled Sunnydale, and with it Mr. Giles. She had thought if anyone was to find her...

"Oh yes. They've been watching you for sometime now. It was smart of you to use a different alias. But such things have been known to happen, traumatic events often can split watcher and slayer." Gwendolyn replied causally, as she sipped tea from the small chipped cup, the only cup that Buffy owned.

"But what about..." Buffy began, bu then trailed.

"Mr. Giles? I'm afraid he's been reassigned. Another slayer I do believe." Gwendolyn said with just tiny amount of pity, that seemed to indicate her own sadness over the swiftness of the transition.

"So he just-"

"Moved on? I'm afraid so Ms. Summers. That's often how the world works, people get left behind, lost. It can be like they were transported to another dimension. But worry not, we will carry on. Stiff upper lip and all that." She smiled and finished the tea.

Buffy was still floored by the idea of another slayer, partying with her friends, dusting her vamps...maybe even sitting in her library.

"What is it with watchers and the tea?" She interjected, looking at the small travel teapot, Ms. Post had produced.

"You'd be surprised how much it helps you think. Now, the Watchers council has approved a small stipend to make sure you are better accommodated as part of the offer, and I can promise you that I will do everything I can to make you the best Slayer that ever was." Ms. Post said getting to her feet. As she did she nearly stumbled, and Buffy moved to catch her in case she fell. It was then that she felt the woman's arm shift unnaturally, and then a moment latter, it fell to the floor.

"I'm... so sorry." Buffy said cupping her mouth with a small amount of horror.

"No... no. Quite alright. Just a little battle souvenir, from a rather annoying enemy I'm afraid." Post said retrieving the limb that ended at the elbow.

"Was it a vampire, because I work really well at payback." She said upset at the idea of someone hurting an innocent Watcher doing their job. She imagined what she would have done to Spike if he had taken Giles's arm.

"Nothing quite so simple. But not to worry, Ms Summers, we all have damages of one sort or another. The question is not how we get injured, or who might be standing in our way, or how often we get knocked down, it's what we do after that truly counts." Ms. Post said, as she reattached the plastic looking limb, and shook her head with a knowing smile.

"Now... what do you say?" Ms. Post extended her one good hand to Buffy.

Buffy thought about what Gunn had said, how she had been stuck in one place, how she wasn't really living. This was a chance, a chance to do what she was meant to. Maybe this was the way, the way forward, that she needed. Besides, if Giles and Co, had moved on...

"When do we start?" She said flatly and finally, shaking the hand she was given.

"My dear, we've already begun." Ms. Post said with a wide reassuring smile.

7. ChaseRules

Sineya
    I like it so far . I agree with her in that there was Nepotism going on to have Mr Price take over .
    Looks like she already battled it out with the Scobbies & now ?

* Rubs hands cackling in glee *

8. CharlieGunn1

Chapter 5 ... Two By Four

"Concentrate... focus your mind on the future..."

"Look deep within, calm your nerves... "

"Slow your heart rate... gently..."

"Think about all of your little plastic ships..."

"Would you stop it with the yoga crap? It's just battleship." Alonna said to Gunn with a groan. The two faced off against each other, in the waning hours of the evening. Darkness had fallen, and two days had past, since Gunn had met his first slayer. But Gunn had done all he could to forget about the blonde bombshell, she didn't call, and he new better then to put too much concern into someone who clearly didn't want help.

"Hey just cause it's a board game doesn't mean you can't apply a little eastern philosophy." Gunn said calmly, leaning back as Alonna took her time. The small band of teens had fortified their little enclave, a sentry posted at each entrance, and more garlic and crosses then an entire Italian villa.

"You're just upset cause you're losing. Maybe someones distracted by a little blondie with the pretty eyes?" Alonna said as she high-fived Tiffany who sat nearby preparing a wooden stake.

"You trippin'" Gunn said sounding truly annoyed and doing the best he could to cover how close to the bone Alonna got.

"You have a PT boat left Charles, you haven't even hit my Aircraft carrier. You won't last." She replied incredulous to his counter.

"Ahh, but that's all part of the strategy." He said as he leaned in, realizing just how hopeless the game was, "Never count me out." He continued, looking towards his little sister with a knowing smile.

"Yo Gunn we got movement! It's Bobby!" said the lookout near the front door.

"Let him in!" Gunn barked trying his best to sound in command.

Bobby was escorted in, sweating and looking like he just ran a marathon. Gunn pressed him.

"Whats the score?"

"Got two demony folks hustlin' a sharp dressed man on 122nd. Sounded like he was about to get slaughtered." Bobby sputtered

"That's it? What were you doin' on 122nd, you were supposed to be on 110th?" Gunn inquired, pressing a finger into the man's chest.

"Hey man lay off, found some 'unclaimed stuff' in the house on the corner, thought it'd be useful." Bobby said, clearly a little intimidated.

"I will when you start following orders." Gunn barked back.

"Look we gonna help that dude or what?" Alonna asked, eagerly trying to get her brother past the current stand off.

"Alonna keep them quiet, Bobby, Glen and Lindsey, you with me." Gunn ordered, and left in a hurry.

"Be careful!" Alonna shouted after him.

---

"Listen, fella's, can I call you fellas? You got the wrong guy. Let's go back to my club and I promise we'll all have a good laugh after a couple of drinks." the man in the bright red suit said as he was literally carried down the back alley.

"Quiet! She wants to see you, and that's all you need to know." said the lead of the two vamps, his hair a long main of hair that made it seem as if he were the leader of tragically unhip band.

"Can't we at least stop and think here, I mean I know vampires can be a little one track, but clearly we can make a deal." The sharply dressed man said, his hat strangely staying on his head, despite the manhandling he was undergoing.

"A deal?"

"Of course, you know commerce, the exchange of things? Like not killing me for some price later exacted? What say we parley, and make said deal before one of us get's chopped into itty-bitties??"

"There are no deals with Her." said the second vamp grimly continuing to pull the man towards a car at the end of the Alley.

"Oh. Well. When you put it that way... help!" The man screamed pathetically.

Suddenly a whistle came from the end of the alleyway, it rang out the tune of jeepers'creepers..."Should have listened to him," Said Gunn as he turned the corner in front of the three men.

"What the hell is that?"

"I don't know but it's wonderfully on key, and not a moment too soon." the man quipped.

"Quiet!" The second vamp ordered.

Suddenly a figure was wandering down the ran.

"Me... just a guy in an alley-"

"Get him!" Said the second vampire as the first charged at the man.

"With a crossbow." Gunn finished, raising the crossbow and firing, nailing the fiend in the chest, he exploded into dust. As the rest of his gang popped from around the corner.

The vampire, now outgunned, looked around nervously at the approaching humans.

"See... this? This is when I'd run." The well dressed man said with a shirt quip.

The vampire seemed to agree, and hightailed it. Leaving the tied up man under a street lamp that hid his face.

"Track him, but don't engage, no risks!" Gunn ordered, and the three teens took off after the lone bloodsucker.

Gun approached the man and with the flick of a knife he was free.

"Oh thank you, thank you kind stranger...hey you don't happen to have a cape do you, 'cause your my own personal superman!" the man said profusely.

"No cape, just don't like vamp's hustlin' in my part of town. Plus, I was going for a more Batman sort of vibe. You alright?"

"Me? I'm fine, never better, I got all my fingers and toes, so that's a bonus."

"What did they want?" Gun looked the man over, and noticed he didn't exactly have the look of a normal human. his guard was instantly up.

"Honestly? I think it was about a little reading I did for a not-so friendly lady. Couldn't be a day in L.A. without pissing off the hotties and the naughties." The man said rubbing his gloved wrists, and kept his head down in the dark shadows. Gunn figured he was just scared.

"Reading?" Gunn tried again to make eye contact. But the man was evasive.

"Yeah, a little trick I do for the interested and the worried. You sing, or hell hum, and I can read your aura like a ribbon in the sky. Listen you ever need a little help yourself, you're welcome to come by." The man handed him a small card, and Gunn stuffed the card into his pocket without much thought.

"I'll... think about. You'd better go, I need to find my guys." Gunn said as he reloaded his crossbow.

"No problemo, non-caped crusader. Catch you around, oh hey that girl you're thinking about?"

"What?"

"The whistle, don't worry this one is on the house. She's gonna need your help, could be sooner then later. I wouldn't worry, she'll call."

"How did you..." Gunn puzzled as her turned back to the man.

"Told you... it's a gift. Adios compadre!" The man said and moved off into the night. As he left, Gunn could have sworn he saw a hint of green from his neck.

"Ok that's it, I have got to stop hanging out in back alleys." Gunn said aloud and moved off to catch up with his crew.

9. ChaseRules

Sineya
    So Lone showed up . Yay :D

Also wondering who "Her " is .

Loving the story so far .

10. CharlieGunn1

Chapter 6 ... State of the Hart

"Now... again!" Ms. Post's voice was clear and stern.

Buffy took up the fighting pose once more, and began the combination that her new watcher had shown her. It was a move designed to combat several opponents at once, helping to keep her assailants off-balance whether they be vampiric or simply demonic in nature. The anthropomorphic wooden statues were much more detailed then any of Giles' more generic punching bags. In fact the whole facility was a small wonder.

It had been two days, and Buffy continued to train with a eagerness. She poured every bit of herself into the daily lessons that seemed to inform and punish her body from Ms. Post.

"One!" The first kick was to the figure in front of her.

"Two!" A spinning backhand to the beastie behind.

"Three!" A devastating upper cut to figure on her left.

"And rest!"

Buffy stopped and took a breath, surveying the devastation she'd wrought.

"You might wanna give them a break, the wood is definitely losing this one." She said as she smiled through the perspiration, and quick gulps of air.

A two story loft near the warehouse district that seemed more like aircraft hangar then training facility. The place was massive in comparison to anything she'd seen in Sunnydale. Here she could stretch-out, cut loose, something denied her in the confines of a stuffy gym, or a smelly library.

"Shall we take an intermission Ms. Summers? It's been three hours."

"Sure, I could go for something of a break, maybe something like a siesta with more of a recess vibe."

"I'm sorry to keep you cooped up. But I want to make sure you haven't atrophied too much." Ms. Post said as she reset the wooden figures. Buffy observed how little she allowed her injury to slow her down. Gwendolyn was a force, one arm or not.

"No worries, I trophied a lot before Sunnydale, there was cheerleading-, you meant... something else didn't you?" Buffy said sheepishly as she realized she misheard Ms. Post.

"Quite, but regardless, I need to be sure that you are at peak form. I do not believe in coddling. But with time and application, I believe that my methods will bare fruit."

"Fruit? Ok, now I'm seriously starving." Buffy said as she wiped her head with a small towel.

"Go on Ms. Summers, the fridge should be fully stocked. You've earned it."

Buffy made her way down the stairs to the living area of the building. This was a well furnished building, all the latest equipment, a new computer, a sound system, and a tv that was larger then her old room. Above a large painting of a wolf howling at the moon hung. The large spacious kitchen was modern and true to Ms. Posts' words the fridge was jammed.

"Jackpot!" Buffy said with a relief. After months of gross noodles and the cheapest food stuffs, seeing a fridge full of food was like a revelation.

As she began to retrieve item after item, Ms. Post entered, sitting at the nearby table reviewing an odd book.

"Wow... the Watcher Folks must have come into some serious funds. They even got the nice apples." Buffy said as she bit into one with an eager crunch.

"Yes, our benefactors have seen to everything. It's all part of making sure you're at your best.", Post said as she continued to read the odd looking book in front of her.

"A well fed slayer is a happy slayer..." Buffy said as she grabbed what looked like a piece of ham and a non-fat yogurt.

"What is this??"

"Mutton... ram's meat. High in protein." Post said quickly.

As she began to tear into the food. Ms. Post continued her reading in earnest.

"Ms. Post..."

Gwendolyn stopped her reading.

"Yes Ms. Summers."

"I was wondering, about Giles and my friends... and my mom."

"Go on?"

"I mean, I should probably let them know I'm ok."

"Hmm?"

"It's not that I want to stop training, but-"

"Buffy, let me tell you something. The life of a slayer is about sacrifice. Family, friends, even love... are all expendable. Saving the world means that sometimes people we care about, and who care about us may have to be left behind. Surely Mr. Giles informed you of this."

"He... did, sorta" Buffy said with a little bit of hesitation.

"However, given your obedience to the regimen, I believe something can be arranged. I appreciate you being honest with me." Gwendolyn said with a slight smile.

"If you don't think it's a good idea-"

"How about we send a cable to Mr Giles and your mother, letting them know your healthy and training, and that there are no hard feelings?"

"Sure, or we could... ya know, drive over?"

"In time. For now let's make sure your ready first."

"Right... a well trained slayer is a not dead slayer." Buffy said resigned to continue. She took her leave, taking a plate of food with her.

As she left Ms. Post continued reading, waiting to see if Buffy was out of ear shot, she spoke a few words, and her eyes glowed slightly blue, a small flash of light emanated from the book, and Gwendolyn closed it swiftly. The cover of the book had an emblazoned deer's head, and it seemed to reflect the light from Post's eyes.

11. ChaseRules

Sineya
    The plot thickens :eek: . I on pins & needles wondering who/what Mrs Post is working for . Love the Story so far :D

12. CharlieGunn1

"One!"

A vampire went flying over a nearby tombstone. The creep landed on his back, and a moment later a young woman followed, landing with near flawless precision next to the prone creep who'd been beaten to a pulp. The creature looked up with surprise as she rammed a wooden stake home in his chest.

"Aw, I didn't get to number two this time."

As the dust cleared, Buffy stood wiping off the dust from her new dudes. The outfit was a black halter top with black tights, a high miniskirt, and boots that were both tactical and stylish. As Ms. Post had told her, there was no need to look cheap when killing evil.

"Mission complete?" Ms. Posts words buzzed over the small earpiece squirreled away behind Buffy's ear.

"Vamp's good and dusted." Buffy replied, tossing back her long blonde hair, and putting it back into a stylish simple braid.

"Excellent. There's a disturbance on Pike street, warehouse district up for a hike?"

"Why not, the nights young,"

"I'll transfer the coordinates to your driver. And Buffy?"

"Yeah?"

"Good work, we're all proud of you."

Buffy smiled saying nothing but an odd blue sheen seemed to sparkle from her eyes.

Buffy trundled down the path that lead from the cemetery to the parking lot.

Behind her in the shadows a figure loomed. The figure peaked out from behind a large elm, and waited a moment before lighting a cigarette. He picked up a cellphone and dialed as the girl reached the end of the path and hopped into the back of a nondescript black sedan.

"It's me... your never going to guess what I got for you." The man said, with a voice that seemed to drip with menace.

---

The car ride was quiet, as usual. Buffy was restless... as was also usual.

"So... you seriously never going to tell me your name?"

The driver in front was stoic, saying nothing, just driving as he usually did. He wore blue mask, and other then that Buffy had learned almost nothing about him. Accept that didn't speak, at all.

"I mean you don't have to talk or anything, it's just. We're co-workers... shouldn't we I don't know... have like a water cooler chat?"

The man stared straight ahead, never moving accept for his hands on the wheel.

"It's just it's been like two weeks of job after job, and you just well sit there-"

"Like that." She said under her breath, as the man seemingly ignored her again.

The car pulled to a stop and the man turned, the light bouncing of the blue Luchadore mask. He pointed to a nearby building. Several other dark vehicles were there already, several men in security uniforms and tactical outfits.

Buffy popped out of the car, several tactical weapons attached to her back, looking the part of a diminutive commando.

"Ms. Summers?" The buzz came over the radio.

"Posty... what do we have." Buffy said, pulling out a small axe from a strap over her shoulder.

"A nest of vampires, initial reports say twelve but-"

"Sounds like fun."

"Move aside! Slayer coming through!" Said the senior security officer.

"So... you ever going to tell me who this client is, you know the one with the serious muscle, and how their connected to Watchers Council."

"Trust me Ms. Summers, the more you know..." Ms. Posts voice said calmly.

"Yeah, the less I care." Buffy said a blue sheen sparkled behind her eyes.

Buffy headed in, diving head first into a window of the broken down warehouse.

Outside the unmarked security stood in awe as the sound of a massive fight broke out.

"Jesus... should we-?"

"Don't worry, she's on our side now. Just remember when she comes out..." The head officer said, folding his arms and smiling as a beaten body was flung from a third story window and slammed to the ground. The broken body of a demon was carted away.

"We're all proud of her."

13. CharlieGunn1

Chapter 7 - Rewards and Consequences

The morning after was never joyous. Bruised, bumps, abrasions... all were part of the slayer hangover. Of course, having a team of doctors, nurses, and physical therapists... now that was different. IT had been a week of the new life, and despite the unusual circumstances, Buffy was feeling pretty good, or at least she had been.

"Mrs. Summers, can you raise your right arm for me?" said an officious nurse with a heavy frame and pleasant smile.

"Look, It's fine... seriously, my mom's old boyfriend hits harder-", she stopped herself realizing just how pathetic that sounded.

"Don't worry, were all very proud of you." Said the young nurse, as she smiled and continued hr work.

"Thanks, but I'll be ok, I just need a moment-" Buffy her eyes glowing a moment and then trying again to assert that she was fine.

"Can you stop moving your head please, it'll affect the scans-" Said a doctor standing behind her with an odd looking scanner.

"Umm.. is that really-" Buffy said, her level of comfort with the invasion dropping as she saw the silhouette of her skull and brain on the a screen in front of another set of doctors.

"Good news, your blood oxygen level is back to normal parameters!" said a second cheery male nurse to the side of the first reading and instrument panel.

"Uh, thank you?" Buffy said trying to treat the news as an awkward compliment.

"Now your glucosamine, while abnormally high, aren't where we want them to be-" He pulled out a syringe.

"You know that's not really," Buffy said quickly looking at the long needle with a mixture of concern and fear.

"Don't forget we need a tissue sample as well, might as well get it all done while we're-

"Wait a minute-" Buffy started to squirm visibly in the medical bed. Her black tactical gear was still on, but this was a more form fitting outfit, allowing the medical team to study her in detail.

"That'll be all everyone." Said Ms. Post, who had entered with concerned look upon her face. She wore a proficient white blouse, with a red business skirt, and her glasses, ever present dangling from to thin golden chains. Her hair and makeup were immaculate, which made Buffy wonder, how with one hand she was able to still look amazing at all hours of the day.

Promptly, all the medical professional's turned and left. It was off-putting, because they literally dropped everything and left without so much as a goodbye. Buffy sat up, relieved at their move, but concerned by thier utter lack of concern.

"Wow... I wish they did that for me." Buffy said succinctly.

"Yes, our medical team can be a bit, overwhelming, can't they. Are you alright?"

"Me, I'm fine. Nothing a little shopping and a large cup of coffee couldn't fix." Buffy said knowingly.

"I promised you time off didn't I."

"Hey, you know me, I'm all about the slayage, but between training, tutoring, and the demony secret missions in the dead of night, I need a break. I'm talking a night off, no five minute walks being stocked by evil."

"Then a night you shall have. What will you do?"

"I don't know I might go crazy and get a tattoo... like that one." She pointed out the one rebellious mark on Ms Post, a diminutive marking in the shape of an eight pointed star.

"We'll just make sure your back by 2."

"Wait... 2 what?"

"AM of course..."

"Seriously?"

"Buffy, you might be a 17 and half year old to world, but in reality your far more mature then most people three times your age. You fight and kill evil, and you've saved the world at least twice. The least the world can do is treat you as an adult. You are a slayer, the normal rules don't apply to you... remember that."

Ms. Post pulled two small cards from her discreet purse. The license had Buffy's face, and an age of 22. It looked extremely real. The other was a silver looking credit card. She handed them both to Buffy.

"Ok... Ms. Post, you win, you're officially the coolest person in California." Buffy was nearly out the door of the large white lab.

"Goodness... such an honor. Now that's a 2,000 dollar limit, and be sure not to spend it all, that's all for this week. And Buffy... we're so proud of you." Ms Post said clearly, Buffy responded, and her eyes glowed blue once more, as she left the room eager to get her day started.

14. CharlieGunn1

Chapter 8 - Anything Given Sunday (or The Expectations of Being Charles)

"It's not polite to stare." Gunn said as he felt the eyes burrowing into his back. Turning he saw an attractive blonde teenager with blue eyes, wearing what he assumed was a halter top. Her whole look seemed a few years off, like she was trying to bring back the early 80's, ten years to late. A black choker and hair braid completed the look. She reminded him immediately of someone he was trying to remember and forget at the same time.

"Sorry, it's just I saw you standing off to the side... not a dancer?" She asked candidly. The sounds of the rave in background hummed incessantly, wild lights flared back and forth as dozens of young people gesticulated there bodies to the rhythm of the music, most completely lost to the din and the clatter and the confusion of an underground party atmosphere. Gunn was not a regular at such events, but after Alonna had convinced he needed a break he found himself in a place he didn't expect.

"Nah, just don't feel much like dancing. What about you?"

"Me neither, not a fan of the whole techno thing," She said as she tried to get closer to him by sliding along the wall where Gunn was leaning.

"It's House."

"What?" She said caught off guard.

"The music, Techno has more sound effects," Gunn said as he caught the eye of Alonna dancing with two other girls. She smiled at him, and nodded him on as she continued to have fun.

"Yeah, well I guess I'm just more into singers... do you like Madonna?"

"As a rule no, but that's probably just machismo talking." He said with a smile.

"You have a name?" The girl asked as she ran her fingers through her braided hair.

"They call me Gunn," He responded, trying his best to not seem interested.

"Nice... I'm Sunday." She said smiling.

"Like the day?" He questioned.

"I prefer to think of it like the ice cream." She said as she took his hand in her's.

"Let's go for a walk." She said leaning in with a alluring look.

As they walked along He noticed the sweater she wore had a college logo. 'UCSD'

"College girl in the city for the weekend huh?" Gunn said as they were about to round a dark corner.

"Something like that, sometimes you just get tired of hanging around the same losers, you know?" She said with a smirk.

"I do, so you thought, go to the city, find a hot guy, have some fun-" Gunn said as he began to get an odd sense of dread. Suddenly Gunn pulled the cross from his pocket and the vampiric girl growled and fell back a pace.

"What is your damage..." She said as she covered her eyes.

"-Find some new blood", he finished.

She smiled as she turned her face, and then suddenly turned back her face contorted into that of a demon.

"You must think I'm stupid," Gunn said confidently.

"When did you know?" she asked through her fangs.

"Right, because I'm going to give you pointers to get the next poor sap." Gunn said s he pulled a stake from the secret compartment in his cargo pants.

"Like for real? You are like totally no fun at all." Sunday said with hiss. As she backed off.

"I know, it's my curse." Gunn said with a grimace.

That's when Gunn felt it. A buzz from his pocket. He paused a moment wondering what to do.

"Aliright Material Girl, I don't have time to dance, but word of advice? Stick to the college campus. I see you on my side of town again I won't be so nice." He said, as the girl bid a hasty retreat.

"I'm so going to eat you..." Sunday said menacingly.

"You'll try." Gunn said as she disappeared into the cold night.

He headed back into the club and pulled the beeper from his pocket. Gunn could scarcely believe the number. It was her.

Alonna came to him as he stood near the entrance.

"Really big bro? You promised me a night off.

"Exactly, I never said I'd be off too." He nodded back as he surveyed the club again.

"You need to chill for a second." Alonna said as she put her hands on his shoulder.

"I can't, and you know that. I chill folks get hurt, my folks, people I love." Gunn said earnestly.

"Fine, but even soldiers need rest." Alonna said knowingly.

"I'll rest when I'm dead, and where we live that'll probably be tomorrow. I gotta go-Stay with Bobby and Stephen, saw a Vamp outside."

"Charles... watch yourself." Alonna said after him.

"Always do, could be why I'm still here. " Gunn said to her and left the loud club.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  15. CharlieGunn1

Chapter 9: The Searchers

Alonna had barely seen Gunn leave when she turned and literally ran into someone.

"Umphh-"

"Oh, I'm so sorry... my apologies." The tall British sounding man said trying to excuse himself. He was flanked by a redheaded young woman, both whom seemed completely out of place in a club let alone an illegal one. The elbow patches, the glasses, the sweater vest, all of them pointed to someone who wasn't supposed to be in a club at 12 am.

"It's ok. Really, it was my fault... professor." Alonna said sizing the man up with a single word.

"No, the fault was entirely mine." The man continued speaking as loudly as possible over the sounds of the increasingly heavy bass.

"Don't mind Giles, if you let him, he'll apologize until the sun comes up." the young woman to his side said nervously. The redhead was short, cute, but a complete fashion disaster. Alonna couldn't remember anyone wanting to match green socks and checkered black and white skirt without being a mental patient.

"Whatever... excuse me." Alonna said as she began to move off.

"Um Miss... I'm sorry, could you help us?" The older man stopped her as she began to leave.

"What part of excuse me do you not understand?" Alonna said with a frowning face. She had no desire to get involved with whatever weird things these two were into.

"I know it's sort of out of the blue, but we're looking for someone", the redhead girl said with a half-hearted hopeful smile.

"Let me guess, your his best student, and he thinks the world of you?" Alonna said, the idea of the older man taking advantage of a sheltered teenage girl running through her head.

"Sure, I guess." The girl replied oddly.

"Excuse me!?" The older man suprised by the accusation.

"Trust me honey, this whole thing is going to end badly for you. My advice, go home and get a boyfriend your own age."

"I beg your pardon?" The older man said affronted.

"You can beg all you like, creep." Alonna said as she looked around for Bobby.

"Wait... no it's not like that." The redheaded girl said desperately.

"Uh-huh, whatever you tell yourself red, but you, you should be ashamed you ol' pervert." Alonna leveled her head shaking back in forth in a tell off moment for the ages.

"Now see here, this is not what it looks like." Mr Giles nearly thundered.

"So I don't see an old man out with a young girl a THIRD his age?" Alonna thundered back.

"That part is accurate, but we are not a couple of any sort." He insisted.

"Oh, well, sorry." Alonna said aloofly.

"Quite. And half my age by the way." He added the later half under his breath.

"Whatever you gotta tell yourself Jeeves." Alonna said as the man relented.

"As I said were looking for someone. My names' willow, and a friend of ours has gone missing." the redhead continued.

"This friend got a name?", Alonna asked, eyeing Bobby, and waving him over.

"Buffy, Buffy Summers.", The girl said with a deep concern, she pulled a small picture of the blonde slayer and placed it in Alonna's hands.

"Never heard of her, she in some sort of trouble?", Alonna said summarily. Pushing the picture back into Willow's hand. Keeping her face as stony as possible, she turned away.

"Are you sure. I did a locator sp-" Willow continued.

"She did a web search." Giles corrected nervously.

"Did I stutter?" Alonna responded again, trying to end the conversation.

"It's just, she's been gone a long time, and her mother-" Giles tried to add.

"Look, I ain't seen her, are we done?" Alonna said sternly.

"Yes." Willow said, her eyes dropping a bit.

"If you do... see her, let her know that her friends miss her, and that her mother wants her to come home." Giles said calmly, his eyes seemingly knowing that there was more behind Alonna's refusal. Alonna nodded, and watched as the pair left awkwardly through the raucous crowd.

Bobby approached finally.

"What did professor do-good want?"

Alonna said nothing, only looked towards the lights and the party to distract herself again.