1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The next President is going to be...

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by The Bronze, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Well I prey you are wrong because IMO if Trump wins things would be so much worse.

2. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    That was the initial reason for the college, but I think it's more of a hindrance now and an albatross across smaller candidates backs.

The other perk would be with the removal of the electoral college you would no longer have the tiresome (yet lucrative!) process of gerrymandering. All that does is serve to, yet again, silence the voters' voices.

3. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    It's interesting how people keep bringing up Clinton's lies, yet no one has mentioned Trump's lies. He lies ALL THE TIME. So really, the notion that people are voting for the more "honest" candidate is laughable. Both have changed their position, both have lied. I mean having a politition who is honest is kinda impossible since there job depends entirely upon them convincing people to vote for them...that just breeds dishonesty and pandering.

I personally have trouble believing this. If one is not a sexist or racist then how do they support him? At what point do his constant sexist and racist comments stop being something people so casually put up with? And if his supporters aren't sexist or racist why don't they call him on his constant bullshit? Sure, not everyone who supports him is sexist or racist but it sure seems like an awful lot are and equally disturbing is the number of people who seem to be ok with him those things. If sexism and racism weren't so common and accepted in America I think we'd see more people supporting a third party candidate...but nope, no third party candidate could even get enough support to be invited to the debates.

Me too. But on the flip-side it's just as annoying when people argue that females are only supporting her because they are female. It's a lose-lose. Although, I bet Hillary and Sarah both have plenty of stories about the sexism they've dealt with on the campaign trail.

4. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Is it difficult or time-consuming?

Black Thorn
    Worse than they are now? Not likely.

ILLYRIAN: Given what Trump has said about the worlds countries, America could easily loose its status throughout the world.
  5. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    Are you serious? That is all I ever hear about. It's mentioned all the time. Even in articles and discussions unrelated to politics they talk and analyze his lies. It's bipartisan lying but of course only the "Republican" gets called out for it.

brinkster130: I was referring to this thread specifically...not the media, Twitter or anywhere else.
    Anyanka Bunny Killer likes this.
  6. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Black Thorn
    It's surprising that Trump has made it this far, considering how the media is ALWAYS attacking him. Unfair? Biased? Shameful? Absolutely.

7. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    Or is that why he's made it this far? All the coverage and talk gave him legitimacy as a candidate. If they didn't give him air time he probably would have fizzled out, right?

And yeah, the media seems to be spending 90% of the time talking about how dumb, dishonest, and crazy the candidates are rather than policies....but at the end of the day we can't really blame them because they are just giving us the product we want (or read and watch).

8. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

And once more, I say, a lot of voters will be voting for Trump, not so much because they support him, but that they oppose Clinton. It's the old, "I might not know what I'll get, but I know what I've already had." We already KNOW how corrupt Clinton is. That's what we don't want for another 4 or 8 years.

Unfortunately, annoying, but true, just as there were people who voted for Obama just because "It's time we had a black (or minority) President." Poor thinking, but true in more than a few cases.

Considering just how little a lot of us trust the the media, and how consistently they favor liberals over conservatives for no other reason than that they ARE liberal, their lack of support for Trump actually serves as an incentive for some voters to support him.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  9. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    Take pity on your neighbours, no one wants Trump to have control of your nuclear weapons. There aren't enough walls in the world to protect us.

10. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Black Thorn
    Hillary is the one I wouldn't trust with nukes. That woman is a vicious shrew, whose only concern is unlimited power. Trump might give you pause, but I'd wager he still has a soul.

Exactly. Trump may not be an "ideal" candidate, but compared to Hillary, he's the reincarnation of Gandhi.

11. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    [​IMG]

12. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    There is a (stupid) idea floating around that a woman would be afraid to take her country into war. Think Margaret Thatcher, Indira Ghandi, Benazir Bhutto and Golda Meir (the first American to become head of state). All four were involved in wars and they all won them. The fact that three of them were assassinated doesn't detract from that. Hilary Clinton would be the most hawkish of them all, just to prove to dumb rednecks that a woman can lead a country and possibly even win a war. And the Americans haven't really won anything since WWII.

Anyanka Bunny Killer: Um...she IS a dumb redneck. lol
  13. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Come on, Hilary is a HUGE war hawk. And I like that nobody ever mentions that she's a homophobe.

thetopher and GwenRaiden like this.
  14. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    You don't know that she is that. Sure, she came out against gay marriage saying that marriage should only be between a man and a woman and that same-sex marriage should not be recognized or legal, but that doesn't mean she actually believes that. I'm sure she was just saying that because she thought that was what most people wanted to hear. But when she got all of the backlash and realized it was a minority opinion she changed her mind and now supports gay rights. I mean, you cant really hold her accountable for her past racist and sexist comments either can you? Surely you cant hold her accountable for the joke she made that laws only exist for the little people, can you? I mean, it was a joke. She doesn't really think she is above the law.

GwenRaiden: Deja vu!
  15. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I don't think that there's any question that Hillary would hesitate to order the taking human lives. She's almost certainly done so in the past. The only new experience would be that it wouldn't have to be a secret.

And as for not "winning' anything since World War 2," speaking as an American serviceman, I can say absolutely that we never lost a damn thing. Our politicians threw in the towel. There's a very big difference.

Why should we? She certainly doesn't.

She doesn't think that above the law, she's just above conviction or punishment.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Anyanka Bunny Killer likes this.
  16. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Black Thorn
    Quite possibly. Of course, he has enough money to buy all the air time in the world...but he didn't really need to, did he? Instead of destroying him, the media's unceasing war on Trump has actually worked in his favour. Which I find incredibly amusing.

17. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    Screen Shot 2559-10-17 at 5.46.29 PM.png
    Made my day.:D:D:D

18. ILLYRIAN

ILLYRIAN Druish Pervonian Wizard

Black Thorn
    I don't know about other countries but there is a definite lack of media time about America right now.

19. ILLYRIAN

ILLYRIAN Druish Pervonian Wizard

Black Thorn
    That Trump guy is running with the slogan We Are Going To Make America Great Again. So does it follow that everyone who votes for him is saying America is not great now and if so when did it stop being great. And what of the future? That singer guy with the Kardashian's said he is going to run for President in 2020.

20. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.