1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The potentials.

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by faithyyyyyyyy, Jan 20, 2017.

1. faithyyyyyyyy

faithyyyyyyyy Dancemomsgirl

As annoying as the potentials and Kennedy were I think that they had their good moments, for example how cool was it when they all starting beating the corrupt police officers up!
    Dawn was extra awesome in that scene too!

What other cool moments can you think of which include the potentials?

Guy likes this.
  2. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    I liked the demon bar in "Potential 7x12" where Buffy invited them to:

BUFFY
    Down all the yak
    urine shots and pig's blood spritzers
    you want.

Then the great comedy moment when Buffy tells them they are usually here to extract information from someone in a room full of people who may want her dead and we get this exchange:

BUFFY
    (to the girls)
    Look, if I come here, it usually
    means I've gotta wring some
    information out of something large,
    scary, drunk and with a roomful of
    friends who don't care for the
    Slayer. Remember that. There's not
    a being in here who wouldn't gladly
    rip out your throat.

From behind her, CLEM appears:
    CLEM
    Buffy! Hey girl, how you been?
    BUFFY
    Clem! Hey! You look great! Really
    toned!

He pulls Buffy towards him in a casual embrace.

That was one of the high points of Season 7.

3. Xanderectomy

Xanderectomy Professional Procrastinator

I guess the final battle where they all actually fought instead of whining was good.

BuffyBot22: Lol
    PreferSpike and Slayrunt like this.
  4. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I liked the demon bar scene. I also liked Giles trying to communicate with Chao-ahn and failing miserably.

PreferSpike and Geobubbles like this.
  5. Slayrunt

Slayrunt Oh ho! Aren’t you Mr. Dicey Semantics?

I had an issue with most of the potentials but I did think it was pretty cool to explore the slayer line a bit. History of other slayers would have been cool too, I know we got Nikki wood but yeah idk.

6. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    That bit where Molly died.
    AWESOME

But uh...Amanda in 'Potential' was okay I guess.

I second the 'beating the snot out of the cops' and also capturing a Bringer (even though I wanted Kennedy to recieve some sort of non-fatal wound in that encounter. Like a throat-area wound that meant that she couldn't talk...or maybe Caleb could've done that instead of Xander's eye thing!)

I just noticed those two things above happened after Faith arrives, so it's possible she lend them some of her mojo and made them seem cooler. Hmn.

Last Watcher likes this.
  7. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

I agree with this as it would've made the storyline better, though I wouldn't mind at all if Kennedy's injury was a bit more.....fatal. :D

thetopher likes this.
  8. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

The Potentials had a lot of ...well... potential, but they were jammed in with too much other stuff going on to develop them properly. It's been said before, but it bears repeating, Season 7 seemed like Joss had ideas for story lines all the way through Season 10, and just tossed them all in a blender and called it Season 7.

9. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    I have some problems with season 7 but the whole potentials plot was good, even though most of them were really annoying and whiny. I think they were overflown by the endless number of things happening all at once in season 7. If only there were more scene of they interacting or realizing that Buffy was the right person to lead them to the war that was about to come, but all they could do was complain.

10. black cat

black cat " The earth is definitely doomed".

Sineya
    For me the Potentials were " reasonable " and " focused" in: 1) " End of Days" ( after the explosion with Faith) when they had to face the " Uber -vamp" alone, saving Faith and other Potencials ; 2) when Buffy save The Potentials and they made " autocriticism" 3) Vi in the end of " Chosen" in the bus " trying" to cheer up a wounded " New Slayer" and the phrase " they are only dust" and so on.... They were cool thinking as a " warrior-group" and starting to understand that evil will not stop in front of girl with no full power.... :D

11. fauxindigo

fauxindigo Townie

I remember thinking it was so cool in December of 2002 when I was reading the description for 'Bring on the Night' before it aired that three new potential slayers were coming into the picture! It didn't live up to it's potential though. Annabelle was a complete ninny and a waste of what could've been a cool character. Molly was a bit more fun but still wasn't developed at all. I may be in the minority but I really truly liked Kennedy. Whereas Annabelle and Molly were more in line with Kendra, Kennedy was badass like Faith but not a total loose canon like Faith. I liked that Kennedy wasn't afraid of expressing her interest in Willow and was a catalyst for Willow really dealing with Tara's death. Even though some of the lines are cringey, I like the scene in 'The Killer in Me' when Willow says that she let Tara be dead bc of her kiss with Kennedy but Kennedy tells her she didn't do anything wrong, their kiss brings Willow back and they go in for tea.
    Aside from that, there wasn't really any other moments for me from the scores of potentials that were good which is my biggest problem with Season 7. Rona sucked. Chao-Ahh may as well not have even been there. Chloe was just sad. Amanda was whatever. Why couldn't they have had like 5-10 distinct potential slayers with strong personalities and names rather than 30 or so potential slayers in the background with no names? It just made it so hard to care about any of them.
    One other moment I liked was Amanda playing Dungeons and Dragons with Giles, Xander and Andrew in 'Chosen'.

12. PreferSpike

PreferSpike Townie

I love Clem! Wish we saw him more.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  13. PreferSpike

PreferSpike Townie

I liked their training. They were funny. The "that's hot" when Buffy sticks her hands up Spikes shirt, the demon bar, and their snickering about Buffy and Spike's past. "I wonder if she dated him too?" Referencing Clem haha. And the comfy scene.

And I completely loved them all turning into slayers. It was such a girl power moment - That epic speech Buffy gives

Priceless likes this.