1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The season 7 positivity thread! :)

Discussion in 'Season 7' started by Guy, Oct 12, 2016.

1. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

I liked call back to season 1 of the core scoobies near in the finale & Giles 'we're doomed'.

Mr Trick, sosa lola and Guy like this.
  2. Slayerofslayers

Slayerofslayers We're going to destroy the world. Want to come?

The First Evil was an interesting concept for the Big Bad, and I thought it was interesting how it would take the form of those who died that would affect the people it appeared to the most. The episode that centered on Anya was really good, seeing Halfrek suffer in her place was chilling. Willow dealing with the aftermath of the chaos she caused in the previous season was good as well as her returning to being good and using magic for good again. I loved seeing Faith again and her trying to do good as well as how she and Buffy had to come to terms with their relationship and what Faith had done to her.

I liked seeing the potential slayers and how all the potential slayers around the world were given their slayer powers and calling at the end of the season. There were some interesting moments between Spike and Buffy, and I liked seeing more of Spike's backstory with his mother and Dru, as well as the slayer he killed that was Robin's mother (the fight between Robin and Spike was intriguing and emotional). Andrew and Anya's interactions were funny and endearing.

Lastly, it was nice to see Dru again on the show even though they were flashbacks and the First Evil's impression of her :D

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  3. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    There is a lot that I like in season 7 I think it was just executed poorly.
    Obviously, I love the return of Faith in the end! And as a Bangel fan, I liked Angel showing up too. lol
    I really like Selfless and getting some insight into Anya.
    Same Time, Same Place is a really good monster of the week episode.
    I think Him is a good call back to the early season comedy eps, like BBB.
    I liked the look of the Turok Han! Caleb was pretty creepy and intimidating.
    I like all the Spike flashbacks in Lies My Parents Told Me.
    Dawn is really good this season.
    I do really love the First giving the speech at the end of Lessons when it goes through all the Big Bads.

DeadlyDuo and Carrie Hopewell like this.
  4. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    Faith.
    Some Fuffy.
    Selfless.
    I like Kennedy.

Guy likes this.
  5. Puffy

Puffy Guest

I am already cool with it. :)

There is no season I dislike.

Only season 1 seems a little rough and season 7 a little rushed. Thats all. No biggie. ;)

GoSpuffy: I'm 100% in agreement!
    GoSpuffy, Smile Time and Guy like this.
  6. Doppelgang

Doppelgang Always Believe

I liked the Caleb arc as the bad guy, and at times the uber vampires, I think more build up was needed here and more use of one or both of these, rather than the first evil, which just seemed too generic and abstract for me, although SMG did do a good job as the first evil. It was just the predictability of the concept I didnt like, like going back to the simplistic first season bad guy of the master, where atleast there it was excusable, being the first season

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  7. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    We had Faith for a few episodes, Giles was around part of the time and Buffy compared Angel to Dawson because they are both unaccepting of the SO's of their exes.

Almost makes up for Robin, but not quite.

8. Dora

Dora Potential

I think they half hearted tried to right the wrongs of season six, Lessons was great good to see happy zany Buffy back, nice clothes , Dawn getting her Mobile, the conversations with Xander proper BTVS moments . CWDP one of my favorite all time episodes, selfless is a good episode,. liked that Buffy got a proper job, him was a funny episode but thought the class room scene with Buffy and the boy and what they were up to unnecessary , Celeb was a brilliant villain , Good to see Faith back, potentials were just foot soldiers had no problem with them, Wood added something, no my real problem with season seven happened after CWDP when it all came about Spike, Buffy being all gooey eyed over her abuser and Almost rapist, Giles suddenly becomes a complete plank!, the other scoobies have very little. I cant get my head around that the scoobies would throw out Buffy for Faith and then Spike riding in like the cavalry a cheap western to save the day..... just more MN pushing Spike down our throats. Chosen was rushed should have been over two episodes it was the only episode that JW wrote again a half hearted attempt to bring the original four back together and at least Sarah was better dressed, hated the way she was so drably dressed for a lot of episodes. All in All we needed to see more of the core four working together after all its what made Buffy great and what was missing in the last two seasons

9. Forever Spuffy

Forever Spuffy shiny beads and sweet talk

You do understand what positivity means right ????

GoSpuffy, Puffy and Guy like this.
  10. Dora

Dora Potential

I thought I was being positive...well up to the part when it all went to poo

11. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Yes, let's remember to keep it positive in here. This is a thread for what you like/love about season 7

Go forth with the loving. :)

Forever Spuffy and Guy like this.
  12. Puffy

Puffy Guest

Thats the spirit ;)

GoSpuffy and Forever Spuffy like this.
  13. amberjane

amberjane Potential

i love this season, third fave.

i love how the first half of the season brings you back to a s2 feel with those bronze scenes and the bands.

i love in cwdp the note left for dawn says "NO PIZZA" and her next scene is her singing to her anchovie pizza haha

Priceless and Guy like this.
  14. Mylie

Mylie Scooby

Season 7 is far from being my favorite season but just like every btvs season, there is still plenty to love about it.

For starters, it felt good to see Buffy focused and taking charge again and seeing her trying to help kids as a guidance counselor was lovely.

Selfless, Him, Storyteller and Chosen are all standout episodes.

I loved Faith's return and every single scene between her and Buffy. I feel like the show ended on a great note for them despite what went down in Empty Places.

That last scene of Buffy smiling in Chosen always gives me all kinds of feelings. It's lovely to see this weight lifted off her shoulders. Also in Chosen, that cookie dough speech was amazing and felt like a good conclusion for her love life at that point in the show.

And Jam already mentionned it, but that Xander/Dawn scene in Potential always makes me emotional. It's hands down my favorite Xander scene.

Guy and Slayerofslayers like this.
  15. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

No, I meant the scene when Buffy is thrown out of the house by the Dawn and the others (except Faith and Spike). I can see why it upsets people. But purely as a piece of drama its a thing of beauty.

Priceless and Guy like this.
  16. cryptwarmer

cryptwarmer I'm in charge of morale!

Black Thorn
    I like yummy Spike in the basement flirting with Faith...he's a cutie
    I like the whole episode First Date
    I LOVE Conversations with Dead People, Holden is a hoot
    I like Spike beating the snot outta Robin but not killing him
    I like Anya slapping Andrew

DeadlyDuo and Guy like this.
  17. Dora

Dora Potential

Been ill the last few days re,watched some of season seven ....Yes some like the old Buffy, Lots of things to love and one of my top ten is CWDP. Selfless is a very good , don,t jump on me but it certainly shows the difference in Buffy's attitude when finding out Anya was killing to when she found out Spike was killing....and as Mylie pointed out... to see Buffy smile for once at the end of Chosen, had she since season five ? like all Buffy seasons... there is always something good

Guy likes this.
  18. Scary and Veiny

Scary and Veiny Darth Rosenberg

I liked Dawn's character development. She really seemed like she belonged with the Scoobies this season.

I liked the backstory for Anya in "Selfless" and more backstory for Spike in "Lies My Parents Told Me".

I liked "Conversations With Dead People" a lot too; it had some great humor (Buffy and Holden, especially with Buffy lying on the tombstone like a psychiatrist's couch) and really chilling moments (the whole part with Dawn, the end of Willow's conversations with "Cassie").

I liked some of the Potentials (namely Amanda, Vi, and Chao-Ahn).

I liked seeing Faith again.

I thought "Storyteller" was hilarious.

I thought Gnarl was incredibly creepy (and even had a nightmare about him after the episode first aired) and found Poseable Dawn to be hilarious.

GoSpuffy: I liked all so things too
    Guy, DeadlyDuo and DarkLordsHaunt like this.
  19. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Need to re-watch Storyteller. It left me a bit cold last time I watched it. I guess its because I just don't find Andrew that funny and just think his arc had run its course. The ending was good though.

20. amberjane

amberjane Potential

dont know if someone else has said this, but i love getting to see lethal spike again. i love spike but the notion of him being "weepy and wailed on" has been true since s5. most of his fight scenes hes gets knocked out pretty early. hard to think of him as dangerous at all. s6 his major fight scenes were with buffy but everyone knew he wouldnt really hurt her in that sense, she wasnt in real danger. s7 he gets vicious... not just under the first's control, but as he fights robin.... love that it reminds of s2 spike when he was actually a villain.

DeadlyDuo likes this.