1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Time Zones

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by Kean, Oct 18, 2008.

1. DrusillaRox

DrusillaRox You wanna date my avatar

Angel just stopeed screening here :(

2. Tueuse de Vampires

Tueuse de Vampires Love will tear us apart..

Okay, coming back to the time zones... I saw that the next screeing is tonight at 10 pm GMT? Is that really a good time in the middle of the week? Frm what I've seen we pretty much cut Australia off completely because that's in the morning when almost everyone is working/at school, same goes for west America, and even here (plus further east in Europe) it's getting slightly late... 10 pm GMT is 11 pm here, and this might work out for me because I don't have any class tomorrow, but calculating in delayed screening and breaktime, by the time the screening would be over it could be 1. So it's not really that ideal.

3. Kean

Kean Professional Bangel

Sineya
    If it's not working then we need people to suggest times that do work for them. It is literally impossible to accomodate everyone but I would like to make this as accessible as it can be. They only way that can happen is if people put forward what times suit them.

4. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    But you have to remember the Monday showing is just a repeat of the weekend. It is meant for those that missed the weekend showing, not as the main feature itself. Or that is what I was led to believe. It is meant to be an aux event.

5. Kean

Kean Professional Bangel

Sineya
    It is a repeat but mostly it is there so everyone who wants to take part can take part. If times aren't working we can change them but it has to be discussed with everyone.

6. OccaQuokka

OccaQuokka My arse is not pansy!

Sineya
    What about Tuesday nights (Wednesday mornings for me :p) would that work better for anyone else? Maybe a couple of hours earlier? It would work better for me but doesnt fuss me too much I suppose. Just a thought.

7. Tueuse de Vampires

Tueuse de Vampires Love will tear us apart..

Well for me what would work best is weekends, early afternoon.

8. Kean

Kean Professional Bangel

Sineya
    Guys I've advertised the next screening for the usual times. Now, they can be changed but as of right now we haven't agreed on anything to change it to so we will carry one as always until/if we decide to reschedule.

9. Airam

Airam Zen baby.

Sineya
    Well for me Saturdays will likely never work cause of work. Mondays will work everyonce in a while if I have the afternoon off. For the most part I'm okay with just taking part whenever my schedule allows but since you asked, for me personally pretty much anytime at all on Tuesday is best as I usually have tuesdays off, wednesdays is second best cause i generally get that day off as well. But I of course understand that you aren't able to accommodate everyone :)

10. Kean

Kean Professional Bangel

Sineya
    I've been thinking about this alot and quite frankly I can't seem to come up with anything that would remotely work. So I am going to suggest something that Fake Shemp said, how about we choose a start of point for each day say 5 GMT and on where we watch the eps but on a continuous cycle. Say I started watching at 5GMT and someone else came in at GMT and started watching? It is the only way I can see everyone being involved. The down side of it would be that it would be hectic and chaotic.

Or...instead of picking specific days we make the chosen episodes a week long thing and we watch them whenever we can during that week.

Honestly I'm not too crazy about either idea, the only other option is to make a night for every time-zone?

11. Friendly Lurker

Friendly Lurker Scooby

Black Thorn
    I think the BB calendar is mixing GMT and BST right now. (sw)

12. Angelus Summers

Angelus Summers Townie

what's bst?????????????

13. Friendly Lurker

Friendly Lurker Scooby

Black Thorn
    British Summer Time.