1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Warren

Discussion in 'Season 8' started by amberjane, Dec 2, 2016.

1. amberjane

amberjane Potential

i know there was a mix up about warren talking to andrew about things that the first had said that he wouldnt have known, but has anyone addressed the fact yet that the first shouldnt have been able to be warren if he wasnt technically dead? amy said she had a four second window to save him, therefore not dead. any explanations?

2. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    Joss himself addressed this, on the "slay the critics" section of issue #6 of season 8:

"He was legally dead for like a second. Amy didn't tell him 'cause she didn't want to upset him. I forgot, okay?!"

3. amberjane

amberjane Potential

lmao ok that works i guess

4. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

It also ignores how jealous Amy was. If she had that kind of power, I don't think she'd care about Willow "having it easy" as she said (or words to that effect) in season 7. Had Amy come into that power with the collapse of the Hellmouth then I could see it (technically, the Hellmouth and First Evil should be far angrier with Willow than Buffy, and the First Evil probably kicks itself for underestimating the witch and focusing on Buffy instead). But it assumes Amy had that power in season 6. Plus, Warren never died. It just ensured that I saw season 8 as an alternate universe different from the show (similar to the Wishverse) having no bearing on the TV characters.

But then I tend to do that anyway. Like with X-Men, I consider the comics, cartoons, and movies to all be different universes involving the same characters (more or less). I believe the comics even feature "alternate universes" involving the X-Men, though I forget what they're called (with a few notable exceptions, I'm not much for serious stories told in comic form, but know people who know many details about them).