1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Was Snyder working for the Mayor?

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by Joshua, May 27, 2016.

1. Joshua

Joshua Huge Spuffy Fan!

In Becoming, Part 2 he told someone on the phone when Buffy was expelled "tell the Mayor I have good news" does this mean that he's been working with the Mayor and that Schneider knew that Buffy was the Slayer? But my question is how did he not know that the Mayor would turn into a snake? Allan and Mr. Trick knew he would turn into a snake but Schneider didn't.

2. Priceless

Priceless The Badship Spuffy

I don't think Snyder was working with the Mayor, more working for the Mayor. Snyder knew the Mayor was powerful, he was the Mayor of Sunnydale after all, but not what he would become.

Snyder was just a little man, looking upto someone more powerful, but he was never let into any of the secrets. The mayor used Snyder for information, and as a henchman to help with the cover up when things went wrong, as in School Hard when he pretends a vampire attack was a gang on PCP

Taake, Buffy Summers and Fuffy Baith like this.
  3. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    I think Snyder knew some stuff but not the full extent. I think it's implied he knows about Buffy at some point, he certainly knows about vampires, and that The Mayor was keeping a lid on certain things, but I think that's it. He was unaware of what was going on in Choices when the deal with the box was going on and there's no scenes to say there was any actual relationship with the Mayor. He is a bit power hungry so would want to suck up to Wilkins anyway.

ChaseRules likes this.
  4. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    It's not clear how much Snyder knows. I'm not sure he knows that Buffy is the Slayer. Most likely he was told by the mayor that she is trouble for Sunnydale. And he had his own reasons to think that, she did burn down the gym at Hemery high and the science lab in Some Assembly Required. Lol. I think Snyder was just a pawn in mayor's plans. Synder knew the mayor was powerful, I think that's it.

gite63 likes this.
  5. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Snyder was working for the Mayor in the sense tat, as the school principal, the city, and Mayor Wilkes,was his employer. Also, most likely, Snyder knew that Wilkes had some sort of special grudge against Buffy and her friends. He might have even been told to keep an eye on them for signs of "suspicious" activity. As for the Mayor's ultimate plans, or even his ties to the supernatural community in Sunnydale, I think that he was totally clueless.

cryptwarmer likes this.
  6. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    Giles was working for Snyder, therefore indirectly working for the Mayor.

So was Buffy. Just in-in-directly.

7. YummySushiPJs

YummySushiPJs Potential

He knew that there were secrets concerning both the mayor and Buffy, but he didn't know what they were. He saw Buffy as a troublesome girl, and looked up to the Mayor, because as Buffy pointed out, he was just a stupid little troll who didn't have a single clue what was going on in Sunnydale. Not necessarily his fault (who would assume the mayor of their town was a 100+ year old demon?) but he certainly didn't do himself any favours with his attitude towards Buffy.

gite63 and Mr Trick like this.
  8. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I think he was certainly taking orders from the mayor to cover things up etc..., but I don't think he had full knowlege of what was going on. He certainly seemed pretty out of the loop in Choices.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2016 ---
    Agreed, but what a rivally it led to between him and Buffy. Every scene between them was just so full of energy and tension.

Fuffy Baith and YummySushiPJs like this.
  9. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    Like you said . He knew there were vampires & that the Mayor had a lot of power . I bet he was told that if he served him Synder would be rewarded
    & that all he knew.

10. Dora

Dora Potential

He did he was the mayors starters.......Although maybe not there is somebody who post on the forums...........

11. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    I think that why Synder hated Buffy . The Mayor had told Synder to make sure Buffy stayed out of
    trouble & that how he did it .