1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What are you doing today? #3

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by Bluebird, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    New thread, again!

I have been slowly backing up my Buffy DVDs, and becoming mildly obsessed over it as I cut out any 'she is the slayer...' cheesy tv announcer dude, and adding new chapters where I want to skip the credits but not any of the show.

This may take a while. :p

2. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    That sounds exhausting!

I've been having a bad week so I'm unusually ready for it to be weekend and am currently just counting the hours until I can go home and not talk to people. :p

Bluebird: lol it's actually quite therapeutic to organise, but I'm weird like that. You must Taake time for yourself ;)
    Bluebird likes this.
  3. Bluebird

Black Thorn
    I finished it! It did take a long time and I used no compression, so it's taken up 300gb lol but I now have a digital copy of the 'proper' version of Buffy. *wipes brow* Now onto Angel...

GwenRaiden: I still don't "get it".
    sk73 likes this.
  4. Bluebird

Black Thorn
    Mostly complaining, about my teeth. I think there's another hidden wisdom tooth putting pressure on my back teeth. Why did it take so long to get my wisdom? :(

brinkster130: Me too! I go see a dentist next week. :(
  5. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Lol don't get me started on teeth!!!!

Today I am making icons for the challenge with nightshade. Doing housework. Hoping to watch some TVD later with a Spag Bol.

Bluebird likes this.
  6. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    I'm going to help my sister decorate her house for Halloween, then I'm going to have an art/painting day with my mom.

GwenRaiden likes this.
  7. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Today I'm spending over 4 hours on a train. I know this is nothing to some, but I hate trains! The bathrooms are gross, I get tired of my contact lenses, I can't move around and I always get a headache! Seriously, I feel nausea whether I'm reading a book or watching a movie or just doing nothing.

Regardless, I'll be watching Angel. I watched IWRY this week and I want to watch it again. The more I watch that episode, the more I love it. I watched Buffy S2 recently and then IWRY, so I was able to appreciate the way Buffy and Angel grew as characters and how much their relationship matured...I'll probably watch some other Angel S1 episode, like The Prodigal or Blind Date. They're faves of mine.

Great, not only did I use this thread to complain, but I also used it to gush about Bangel. Clearly, I can't stay on topic :rolleyes:

8. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Looking to close and winterize the pool soon. This means cleaning it, dumping in chemicals, opening all the drains on the pump, filter and heater, pumping out a lot of the water and blowing the lines clear. This last bit is what gets me - we have had a professional service do this before but most people close their own pools around here and I have better use for the $360 they charge to do it.

9. Priceless

Priceless She doesn't just fight evil, she redeems it

I am taking the dog I am dogsitting back to her home. I shall be listening to the football on the radio. I shall also be working on a job application as I am going for promotion at work, though it's a different section and the competencies are different, so that's going to take me the rest of the week :)

10. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Putting up my new banner set that @LyteHouse made for me :D (insert super happy)

Dealing with my daughters friend that is having a sleepover here....they are so loud!! LOL
    But they are having a great time.

Carrie Hopewell: The banner and the avatar are really cute! And girls are really loud when they're having sleepovers :)
    GwenRaiden: Cool banner!
    Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  11. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Another meeting of the London Vintage Radio Club is coming up on Saturday so I have to collect all the radios I might want to sell for the 175 km / 110 mile trip to London, Ontario, Canada. And of course, I might buy some stuff I don't already have. Radios, antique televisions, test equipment and books as well as loose boxes of parts get traded back and forth. I am always on the lookout for FM tuners and stereo equipment and I wouldn't say no to a television that was old enough to have Channel 1 (which only lasted until 1947).

12. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Trying to whore my screenplay out to every production company on the face of the planet;)

GwenRaiden: Ooh I'd love to read it! I don't work in production though. Other than the production of children.
    Priceless likes this.
  13. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Quite chuffed i'm 50% done on my Christmas shopping today! Planning to finish it Sunday if all goes well. Had a coffee with a friend I've not seen in a few months today. Abbs is off sick and has been most of the week. Now waiting to do coffee with another friend. Tonight, I have no idea what I'm doing yet. Possibly icons lol.

14. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Fear is the mind-killer

Black Thorn
    Christmas shopping online. Trying to find the absolute CHEAPEST gift for my sister; one that doesn't look cheap.

15. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Mostly cleaning up vomit. Was up all night with the toddler with a stomach bug. She's not a happy bunny today.

Nix: Oh no. I know how bad that is. Hope she is better for both your sanity .. hugs xx
    OccaQuokka: Aww I will tell my bunny to share her happy. Get well soon, from the spew queen.
  16. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Well mostly housework today which is really really boring .. but... later this afternoon we will be putting up our Christmas Lights outside :D Can't wait :D

GwenRaiden: Thanks Nixxy :)
    OccaQuokka likes this.
  17. Spanish Flame

Spanish Flame It's Not Easy Being Green

After the long week I'm gonna sit down on the couch with my New clippings , watch tv and I might also start a Buffy comic. And plan some blog entries for my site.
    Day off is gonna be so much fun !! :p

OccaQuokka and Taake like this.
  18. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    Just came back from a Meshuggah concert. It was awesome. Great sound, awesome crowd. I rate it 9/10. Would mosh again.

OccaQuokka likes this.
  19. OccaQuokka

OccaQuokka My arse is not pansy!

Sineya
    My day has not been nearly as exciting.

Tackled the hair I went to bed with wet, it will probably be tied in a bun for a week now, too fluffy. Cleaned the bedroooms, then went shopping for a new rabbit fence. And brought way too much food. I kinda knew as soon as I had any spare cash I would go and buy far too much food (groceries - so not takeaway, but did I really need salted caramel spread?). This is probably been the most *exciting* day this week. Im so bored lol.

I have spent most of the afternoon online and having arguments with myself over how to proceed with miss rabbit.

20. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Just done a shed load more Christmas/Birthday shopping for Abbs. Only got 1 present and 10 euros to change up and i'm done. Well I say done.... I still gotta wrap every thing...ahhh I hate that bit lol, it takes forever! Still managed to squeeze in a Burger King (nomnoms) and an Oreo ice-cream :D