1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What games consoles do you have ?

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by Antho, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Antho

Antho Potential

I thought it would be nice if we had a thread to show the game consoles we have ;).

I show you what I have :

[​IMG]

When I was a child I loved playing new super mario bros 3..
    [​IMG]

I have the playstation one :

[​IMG]

I often played these games :
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I also have Playstation two and four :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I have that :

[​IMG]

These days I play Profesor Layton :

[​IMG]

BlindSlayer likes this.
  2. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Ooh, I loved Rayman and Crash! Did you ever play Pandemonium?

[​IMG]

Professor Layton is good but I'm so crap at it. Like, terrible.

I liked the Walking Dead game, it was so much better than the TV show. So much better. Not played the new one yet.

I've only got an xbox right now *spit* all the good consoles are at my parents'.

thetopher: I really liked Pandemonium! *nostalgia fist-bump*
    Bluebird, thetopher and Antho like this.
  3. Antho

Antho Potential

No.. I never played Pandemonium..
    And to tell you everything this is the first time I hear about this game :eek:..

About the walking dead game : Is it available on Playstation 4 ? Because I don't have Playstation 3 and I don't have a computer powerful enough to launch the game..

I never had a Xbox but my cousin had one and we often played ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  4. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    I think the complete first season (game) is available on PS4, yeah. And the new game definitely is. There's a season 2 aswell. The graphics are great, very true to the comics, and I love Clementine! Definitely recommend.

5. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    SNES
    Nintendo 64
    Gamecube
    Wii
    WiiU
    Sega Gamegear
    Game Boy Colour
    Game Boy Advance
    Game Boy Advance SD
    Nintendo DS
    Nintendo 3DS XL
    Xbox 360
    Xbox One
    PS3

I'm a pretty avid gamer, but Nintendo is my favourite. I'm planing on getting that Switch in the future once I get enough money saved up.

Professor Walsh: I have a kiddo who'd loooove to stay with you.
    Athena likes this.
  6. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Oh my goodness. Please tell me you have a Twitch account?

7. Riderofapocalypse

Riderofapocalypse Potential

Ps3/Ps4, Wiiu, my PC. Been playing Mass effect and non AAA titles from steam. Sometimes Overwatch. Used played League a while ago, a lot.

8. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

9. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I don't actually :p But I've been thinking of getting one for a little while now.

I was also always a bit curious about starting a youtube gaming channel, but I don't know where I'd find the time or the editing skills to do that.

Athena: The way I see it, if 12 year old kids can do it, it can't be that difficult, surely?
  10. Foxy

Foxy I am cookie dough!

Sineya
    P2, ps4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii and a sega.

Picked most of these up in second hand stores.

11. redruM

redruM Potential

I currently own an Xbox One, PS3, Ps2, N64 and multiple old gameboys. Used to have a 2DS, sold it. I also sold my old 360 since a lot of games are backward compatible on the One now.

But to be honest, I mostly play games on PC. I have a pretty good gaming PC and only got an Xbox One to play some games with friends. I play a lot of Overwatch and just beat Fallout New Vegas.

12. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    I used to play a lot of Playstation, the first one, like every single day for hours on end. I was of that era. I have all the Sony consoles, mostly because of the games that were released exclusively for them. I couldn't get on with an Xbox controller or Microsoft in general, so no to Xbones.
    Other consoles would be the usual Nintendo handhelds. I have fond memories of the GameBoy Camera (cutting edge technology :rolleyes:). First console was the Atari 2600 with the nice walnut trim. What a belter.

13. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Right now I have a Nintendo Classic Mini (aka the little NES they brought out last year), a PlayStation 1st gen (not the PS One, the actually boxey one with the parallel port on the back), a Nintendo Wii, an XBox 360 and an XBox One. I used to have loads more, but they're sadly long gone, but one day I really want to re-buy all my old consoles and have a little retro games room in my house.

I've pretty much at one point owned every major console available, apart from an XBox, a PS3 and a PS4. I've never owned any handheld consoles though (yeah, not even a GameBoy.... I know, right?!)

BlindSlayer likes this.
  14. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    @Athena I think any 12yo is much more competent with technology than I am :p but I guess with google anyone can do anything nowadays!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2017 ---
    I'm very jealous! The NES mini was impossible to find around my area, it had sold out preorders and they went out of stock the first day it came out. Now they sell for 10x the price online :(

15. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    I've got a Nintendo 64 and a PlaySation 2 :D

16. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Apparently Nintendo are stopping making it now too, which I find absurd. It's just going to ramp the secondhand prices up even more.... :rolleyes:

Blaze: Such bad marketing! They could make a pretty penny making more of them
  17. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    Oh wow you just reminded me. I had an old first gen Playstation too and had to replace it with the mini one, but I used a hammer on the old one to smash it to bits while still intact, to some degree, and then used it for my still life art project. One of themes was 'the future' so my artist mind thought, yeah, broken redundant technology is the future, lol.

18. redruM

redruM Potential

This sort of behavior is typical of Nintendo for the past decade or more now. There are really only two explanations in my mind: either they're totally oblivious to the demand of their products, or it is intentional to increase demand and build up the collectible market for their products. The price of some of those Amiibos reached $100+ at one point, then three months later a new production run comes out and they go down to $15. So I guess re-sellers and collectors willing to spend absurd amounts of money on Nintendo stuff don't help, either. Still, at the end of the day, it is Nintendo's decision to have small production runs.

The Switch was flying off the shelves during launch, but I never heard anything about the PS4 and Xbox One running out of units... At a certain point it really does almost seem intentional to drive demand and increase hype. Only the extra-dedicated fans who love everything Nintendo get their hands on the console first; the people that decided a year ago that the Switch would be the greatest thing ever. Then, these fans tell their friends how amazing it is, or go on the internet and praise it. Hype and demand is now even higher, especially because nostalgia kicks in for a lot of people when a new Nintendo console/Zelda game comes out. They must know how crazy people get about their products by now. Seems like the only thing they ever make enough of are Pokemon games.

Blaze: Their marketing for the switch is brilliant, they are increasing demand for sure. But I can't say it makes sense to completely discontinue stuff that sells like the NES mini
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Bluebird likes this.
  19. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    My family's had a PS1 and a PS2. I broke the PS2 and my dad nearly cried. Oops :oops:.
    Now, we have a PS3 and a PS4, essentially because we've been playing Tomb Raider for the past 20 years (which is my age) and we need to buy the most recent Playstation whenever a new game comes out. Oh, and we have a Wii that we don't use because my mom decided to buy one for some reason...

BlindSlayer and Antho like this.
  20. BlindSlayer

BlindSlayer Bufffologist

Sounds a lot like me, we've owned all four of the main Playstation consoles, in a family tradition going back to 1998 (we started with Crash Bandicoot, the best way to start). I also have a Xbox One, a SNES, a Master System laying around somewhere, and I wish I still had my Sega Dreamcast, my most beloved non-Sony console.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 16, 2017 ---
    To add to the above, the Dreamcast was indeed so underrated, it got me through a lot of my childhood and had so many great games, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Giant Gram 2000, Jet Set Radio, Looney Tunes Space Race, House of the Dead 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2 etc: . We had a version that could play Japanese imports as well, so that just added to the funn.

Athena: The Dreamcast was so underrated!