1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What games consoles do you have ?

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by Antho, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Out for a walk

Out for a walk 5 Words Or Less...

We have a bunch of Xbox ones. Myself, my oldest and my husband. My youngest has an Xbox 360. I also have the NES classic.

I would love for Nintendo to come out with a N64 classic and include Mario Kart. I would definitely buy it.

BlindSlayer and Athena like this.
  2. BlindSlayer

BlindSlayer Bufffologist

That reminds me that with the upcoming Crash Bandicoot remaster/remake, I'd love to see a remastered Crash Team Racing.

Bluebird: CTR karma, I think it's better than Mario Kart
    Antho likes this.
  3. Antho

Antho Potential

As soon as it comes out I buy it ! We LOVE this game in my family. Of course we already have these games on Playstation One but Just for the pleasure of being able to play with a beautiful quality, I will definitely buy it !

BlindSlayer likes this.
  4. BlindSlayer

BlindSlayer Bufffologist

They're beloved in my family too, the first one was our first PS1 game, all those years ago. And yeah, the videos look great! I'm excited about the time trials being in all three games now.

Antho likes this.
  5. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

[​IMG]
    My dad just bought this last night on an impulse. I know it's gaudy, but it's the 1TB version and was only $250!
    He also picked up Uncharted 4 and another game. :)

Antho likes this.
  6. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I just ordered one of these bad boys to go with my NES Classic Mini from last year. Baby SNES! :D

[​IMG]

They're in limited supply and pretty much out of stock everywhere, so I'm super excited to have been able to order one!

HowiMetdaSlayer, Antho and sk73 like this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    How the hell did you score a NES mini? Even the pre-orders were impossible to get here! It sold out within minutes!

Pre-orders also haven't started here for the SNES yet. And I bet you same thing will happen, they will randomly open one day and they will get sold out within minutes and I will once again miss out on this super cool deal!

8. Out for a walk

Out for a walk 5 Words Or Less...

I have a NES classic. I was lucky to get it from Target. I looked at one of those in stock websites and saw my Target had 2 that came in overnight. Then I went up there about 10 mins before they opened and got the second one!

9. Living Dead Boy

Living Dead Boy Joss is Boss

Black Thorn
    I only have a PS4, and an old school N64. But I actually want to get an Xbox 360, or the One, because my favorite solo game of all time (Perfect Dark) apparently got remastered with all new graphics back in 2010 for the Xbox, which I just recently found out. So I definitely want to relieve the game with new state of the art technology. Plus, you can go live with the multiplayer! :D (And I'm not talking about the shoddy sequel Perfect Dark Zero, because, a world of no.)

Blaze: Perfect Dark for X-Box was alright, but it was never as good as the original. Nostalgia is talking, but you know :P
  10. redruM

redruM Potential

I'm going to try really really hard to get a SNES mini... I set up text alert for four different websites when pre-orders go up. However, I fear scalpers and resellers looking to flip them on eBay will gobble them up in mere seconds. I already saw people on reddit discussing how to bypass the 1 per customer limit with VPNs and other crap. It's gonna retail for $80 which is not bad at all... but if you buy it from a reseller on ebay it will most likely be $300 and I'm sure hundreds of people are looking to buy dozens just to flip them.

In terms of games it has mostly everything you'd want from a SNES, but I was disappointed to see no Shadowrun, Fire Emblem, or Chrono Trigger.

11. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    That's dedication! I really hope I can snatch one up too. My only advantage is that I'm from a rural northern town so the consoles here usually sell to actual people, not scalpers. But it's really a shame that people buy all the units only to resale them for crazy prices. I get the whole needing to create a demand from Nintendo, but this is just ridiculous. People are buying the NES classic for upwards of 400 in my location.

12. Athena

Black Thorn
    I was lucky and pre-ordered one before everyone started talking about them and the pre-orders got scarce. I've had my eye on the SNES for a while (there were rumours a few months ago, and a confirmation last month sometime) so I knew it was only a matter of time before pre-orders started. I missed the first batch so I signed up to Nintendo's pre-order list and they emailed me a few hours later saying they had more stock, so I bought it there and then.

They're doing pre-orders differently this time round - last time you just pre-ordered with no payment but this time they want payment and they're more expensive.

Resellers really get my goat. I'm buying it because I want it and I'll use it, not to sell on for profit, but so many people have pre-ordered just to sell it on. It disgusts me in all honesty. If you don't want it anymore, sell it on for cost, not for three times the original cost.... :mad:

13. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I'm really glad the rumours were true! Nintendo is killing it lately with retro call backs, the NES, the SNES, a new Metroid Prime, a true successor to Mario 64! How do you subscribe to the Nintendo pre-order list? I can't seem to find that option anywhere on their site! Might just be because I'm in Canada though.

I think it's good though that they are now asking payment and they made it a bit more expensive, might not make a huge difference but if it stops a couple resellers from buying 20 consoles I'm all for it. I really agree, can't stand scalpers! I really hope they can manage that better this time around. I know they are making more consoles, so already that's a good sign.

Athena: I'll try to find the waiting list link for you.
  14. Athena

Black Thorn
    I'm really sorry @Blaze I've tried to find the same link I used before and it just keeps redirecting to the Nintendo Out of Stock page :(

I've just read that pre-orders were apparently easier in the UK than elsewhere - I'm not sure why though - maybe the sheer number of sites that had it? Apparently all are out of stock now. I guess the best bet would be to set up an Amazon stock check alert, or maybe a UK store would ship to Canada but to be honest I'm not sure if they will?

15. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    Thanks for trying! I'm not too worried because Canada hasn't even had any pre-orders yet, so it's probably just coming later. A bit odd considering they have already put out pre-orders for Metroid 4 which doesn't even have a release date o_O

16. The Bronze

The Bronze Rogue Demon Hunter

Black Thorn
    I have a wii in the house. My girlfriend wanted it for some reason but it's been used maybe twice. I haven't been a gamer since the Ps2 and even then I'd slowed down a lot. My era was the Mega Drive and the PS1. Spent a lot of time on both consoles, mostly multi player with my brother and our mates. I've been weighing up getting an xbox to replace my blu ray player at some point but I'm not sure I'd have the time or effort to get back into gaming. Haven't played anything but Pro Evo and Singstar for years.

17. sk73

sk73 The Overlooked One

Sineya
    The only consoles I have own is Nintendos GameCube.
    Bought it on a whim one summer and spent my summer vacation playing Zelda and Metroid that come with the console.
    Have never bought any other games to it and hasn't played since that summer.

I have always preferred the PC over game consoles.

/SK

18. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Fear is the mind-killer

Black Thorn
    I have an ANCIENT Mattel Intellivision console. My brother got it for me back in 2015 (after I broke my leg and left arm) and I love it!! Obviously, the graphics aren't as good as today's stuff, but I don't care...it's so much fun! My favourite game is Armor Battle. :D You and your opponent each have a tank, and you can set land mines that blow up the enemy. Plus, if you fire at them and hit their tank three times, they blow up. AWESOME!

2e611a54bc2a132d05601f94d5d1c532.jpg

Attached Files:

sk73 likes this.
  19. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

My dad had the original version of that as a kid. :p

20. redruM

redruM Potential

Well the first pre-orders for the SNES classic came in on Walmart's website... and were all filled within 35 minutes. I struck out by 5 minutes. I saw the text alert on my phone too late. When I opened the link on my phone, it was still up for sale, but by the time I switched to my PC (which I figured would be faster since my address and card info are cached in Chrome), it was gone. This is like trying to buy Radiohead tickets to a one time only show at Madison Square Garden or Albert Hall. UGH!