1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What happened to the 2 Gentlemen chasing Tara and Willow?

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by YummySushiPJs, Mar 17, 2017.

1. YummySushiPJs

YummySushiPJs Scooby

Unless I'm mistaken, the scenes with Buffy and Riley battling the other Gentlemen in the clock tower is interspersed with Willow and Tara hiding from the two Gentlemen who were chasing her. We don't see what happens after they block the door with the vending machine.

A) The Gentlemen and their minions return to the clock tower to join in the fight where they die with the rest of them.

B) The Gentlemen and their minions continue trying to get into the room until Willow and Tara "feel" their voices being returned and Willow screams (having seen Giles' slideshow).

C) Xander and Anya disappear from the episode to have sex after he "saves" her from Spike. The Gentlemen who were pursuing Willow and Tara make their way to Xander's basement where Anya has blindfolded Xander (for fun) and tied him to the bed. The Gentlemen sweep in and their minions grab Anya who is unable to yell to an oblivious Xander for help. But it's not Anya they want. They hold Anya back while the Gentleman sweep in on a defenceless Xander. Luckily Anya's voice is returned mid-scream and she kills them and takes Xander's blindfold off where he is shocked by a scene of horror.

Which do you think happened or add your own!?

Last question - what happened to all the Gentlemen and their minions bodies? They didn't go poof. That must have been a hell of a clean-up operation for the scoobies. Or did the initiative take care of them? In which case why didn't they use The Gentlemen's ability to float on Adam? (Can you imagine Adam elegantly floating along?!)

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  2. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

When Buffy screamed, all of the Gentlemen and their minions in that group (maybe there are other groups somewhere else, but we never know) exploded, whether they were there battling her and Riley or not. As for what happened to the assorted bodies, I would say that question could be applies to any of the numerous demons that Buffy and her friends killed over the courses of 7 years of her own show and 5 years of Angel's. Apparently, in some fashion not revealed, they simply evaporate, along with all traces of their ever being there, before anyone ever becomes aware of the fact.

3. YummySushiPJs

YummySushiPJs Scooby

There are a couple of references made over the series that not all demons go "poof" and Buffy has to bury them...

... what makes this situation different is that there is a pretty large group (at least 6 Gentlemen that we see plus all of their henchmen). That's why I apply the question here and not to any of the other demons Buffy fought because in most cases it's only one, two, or a small handful. And in most of those cases the demons dissolve. So... yeah. A worthy question.

4. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    I still think those two Gentlemen were chasing Tara and Willow just to set them up

YummySushiPJs: Haha! Match-maker Gentlemen. They'd later go on to set up Tinder.
    GwenRaiden, Blair and YummySushiPJs like this.
  5. Blair

Blair Vamp Blair

Sineya
    Maybe the scream had to be within a certain radius? I mean they did isolate the whole town to be speechless, why not just a certain area of town and work on it there? Easy enough to kill seven people and then boom, done.

I thought it was interesting that the Gentleman only worked at nighttime. Just added to the creepy effect factor?

6. HowiMetdaSlayer

HowiMetdaSlayer Occasionally, I am callous and strange.

I think Giles via the 'fairy tale' info, said that a princess' (Buffy) scream kills them (all). Also I kinf od wonder if Buffy actually being a princess in season 2 Halloween episode is why her scream actually killed them. Maybe an ordinary girl' scream wouldn't be able to kill them?

YummySushiPJs: I think anybody's scream (not even a scream, just their voice probably) would have worked. The idea of the "Princess" being more literal and that Buffy fulfilled this by having been a Princess in a previous episode is an awesome idea though.
    Carrie Hopewell likes this.