1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What If it's Xander Who Does the Crossover?

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by vellavu, Mar 8, 2016.

1. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    What if, in "Disharmony", Cordelia called Xander for Harmony's info?

What if, in the end of this season, it's the depressed Xander who sat in the hotel waiting for them?

The visual seems hilarious.:D

2. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

You really don't like Xander do you?;) I think things worked out fine the way they were:D

3. nightshade

nightshade Watcher Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I think the phone call could have been done by either Willow or Xander, but as Cordelia had called Willow before it was just easier for her to call Willow again. As to Xander being the one to tell Angel about Buffy, I would have liked that, a kinda parallel to the season one of him and Angel finding Buffy dead then.

Also if Cordelia had phoned Xander we wouldn't have the lesbian talk awkwardness!

Bluebird and Mr Trick like this.
  4. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I don't think that Cordy would have been all that comfortable talking to Xander after she left Sunnydale. That was a part of her life that she had obviously tried to leave behind, and the intimacy of their former relationship and its ending might still have been a bit painful. Willow, on the other hand (even though she was the actual cause of the Xander/Cordy split up) had never really been that close a friend, so talking to her would have seemed less personal.

5. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

It's really interesting how Willow and Cordelia developed a friendship after Cordelia left. Some people get along better when they're far, far away from each other. :D

A Xander crossover that I think would have worked would be Xander in Andrew's place in The Girl in Question, because Xander in Buffy and Dawn's apartment is far more believable than Andrew, but since Buffy was never there and that was a decoy, I guess it makes sense for Andrew to be there while Xander is with Buffy in Scotland.

6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I think this plays into something very real, where often with a close relationship that ended badly that in Cordy's position you do just want to move on and leave it behind. Although I'm always on the fence about if Cordy and Xander should have met again? I think one more meeting could have worked, depending on how it was handled of course.

Much of the ground work was put in place for that during Buffy. They did start to hang out as early as the end of season 1. But I'm a bit unsure of when they made up post-the Xander issue. Maybe like you say distance and space helped.

7. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

More accurately, Cordy and Willow's relationship, what little there was after Sunnydale and before "Angel Season 4" after Cordy found out that Willow was, in Cordy's words, "a big lesbo." Whether that was a contributing factor could never be proven, but I do think that the timing is interesting. Possibly that knowledge somehow softened the blow of losing her boyfriend to another girl.

Just a thought.

Mr Trick: Good point. Never thought of that.
    Mr Trick likes this.
  8. Cordeliagirl

Cordeliagirl Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.

Sineya
    I prefer Xander call Cordelia, so she can forgive that Xander cheating on her and when cordy left Angel show, go back to buffy show and when Xander saw cordy and broke up with Anya and ask cordy to go out with him again and say yes and back together, that way, she dosent become a demon on Angel show and never met Grogg.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  9. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

Xander's construction company should have sent him to LA on a temporary job and Xander would have been in AtS for a few episodes, that would have been interesting. Maybe during S2 AtS - the time with Angel turning bad. Cordelia would talk to Xander about it and he'd shake his head and tell her 'I told you so.' Heh. But eventually, it's actually Xander who would tell the gang to trust Angel again which would be a nice twist.

Fuffy Baith: I like that idea
    Fuffy Baith likes this.
  10. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I made a thread once where I thought that having Xander on Angel would've been able to foreshadow the Cangel relationship more (or at all actually). It wasn't a popular opinion. :)

However I still think he could've worked; especially post S5, and he would've had a good reason to visit in S6; reconnecting/visiting Cordelia in the months leading up to his marriage to Anya.
    Maybe he wanted to invite her (nobody else at AI really) and, although she turns him down- she has a job now- they still reconnect in a friendly way. I think it would've been nice to see.

*runs and hides*

Fuffy Baith and thrasherpix like this.
  11. BuffyBot22

BuffyBot22 Potential

I kind of like the idea that Xander would be the one to tell Angel. It would have shown some growth, that he was willing to put his petty jealousy of Angel behind him and let the man that Xander knew Buffy loved and who loved her, know that Buffy had died. I think it would have tied things up nicely and honestly, maybe I could get past how terrible Xander was in the first 3 seasons, with just this one simple act and look on his face that tells Angel everything he needs to know. We already know Willow and Angel like each other and get a long. I think it needed to be Xander. I also feel that with Xander being the one to tell Angel, it could have been even more heart wrenching...

thetopher and thrasherpix like this.
  12. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

Xander proved more than once that he could put aside his jealousy and dislike for Angel for the greater good. Prophecy Girl being the biggest example. Also, the second half of S3, Xander was more or less a good friend when it came to Bangel. This thread shows Xander's subtle change when it came to Bangel.

13. BuffyBot22

BuffyBot22 Potential

I'm saying this maybe could have redeemed him for myself. I know he made subtle changes a long the way, but nothing that ever stood out to me gesturing that he could put it completely aside.
    Sure, he put it aside in Prophecy Girl, but he's back to being jealous in s2. So no significant change or character growth concerning this. I'm just saying if he had been the one to tell Angel, it would have confirmed that he had finally moved past all of this. Everything means different things to different people.

14. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

Xander's character development is sadly very subtle. In later S3 you will see him admit to Buffy that he wasn't a good friend when it came to Angel and helped her save him in Amends and Graduation Part 1. Also, in Graduation Part 2, he will gently tell her that he made it through the fight to reassure her he was okay. That's a huge character development considering how he was in the beginning of S3. Don't expect something flashy and in your face from Xander's storyline, he's the character who's meant to be dismissed and unnoticed.

15. Cordeliagirl

Sineya
    I love that if Xander come on Angel, and Take Cordy away from Angel and she agree with him in Angel Season 1, episode 1, and back together in Buffy Season 4 episode 1 ,it will be Cander/Xanderelia/Xandelia again

16. BuffyBot22

BuffyBot22 Potential

I know he started to come around by the end of season 3, but if he had done this it would have made this particular arc for him come full circle. It would have given me the closure I wanted from the Xander/Bangel storyline. It's really a personal opinion on the matter. Besides, him telling Angel to me seems more gut wrenching than Willow telling Angel.

17. Antho

Antho Scooby

I disagree ! I love Xandelia but only the time it lasts on the screen and I think it is a relationship that fits well into the universe of the first three seasons of the series.
    But after Season 3, the series has moved in a different direction and frankly putting back together Alex and Cordelia, it would have regressed the series.

GwenRaiden likes this.
  18. Cordeliagirl

Sineya
    :(:eek: awwe, i understand, they are my still favorite couple