1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What if Kate had taken the Justine role?

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by Mr Trick, Mar 3, 2017.

1. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

Meh I still don't see it. Justine had no redeeming qualities. She was weak and blindly
    Followed Holtz, with no regard to any innocent people that might get hurt. She was one ball of rage that garnered no sympathy.

Kate was angry at Angel yes, and blamed him and all vampires for her fathers death. But she didn't hate the world. To her, it was the innocents that mattered, and she had a respect for Angel on some level even when she hated him. She knew she couldn't stop Darla and let Angel free to do it . She would never in my opinion destroy a babies life and slit a throat just because Holtz or anyone told her too. She was a leader not a follower. At her lowest she hurt herself, no one else. If she were to be dark I could see her running her own gang of vampire hunters, or being a rogue cop who was determined to kill all demons. Being a lapdog of Holtz I just don't see at all.

It sounds like I'm her personal cheerleader but I'm not trying to be. I couldn't stand her after awhile and was annoyed at how she treated Angel. But at the same time it was refreshing to see a character who was not charmed by the angel with a soul idea. She didn't care about his mission to redeem himself, she didn't find
    Him romantic. To her he was a vampire who used To he a sadistic killer and that was it. She had the most realistic reaction honestly. That's why I liked her ending, and her peace with Angel. It felt right to me.

Mr Trick: That's an interesting way to look at Kate. Never thought of that aspect before.
  2. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Well, yea I think that Kate was there at the bar undercover. But I do think there was some truth in her being there because she was lonely. And I think yea she found Angel to be attractive. The show kind of always tries to point that out, but I do think it crossed Kate's mind. Maybe I'm just putting my own personal perspective on this. But if you like a guy, and then find out you can't be with this guy, because he's a vampire, you kinda get a bit upset at them. So yes he's a vampire and she sees that as "evil" even though he has a soul, I do think her hate for him became more personal, because this was a guy she trusted and maybe liked, and now she finds out he's an "evil monster" (even though he's not). At first I was kinda into Kate and Angel as a couple, but I think this weird limbo they were in was not good. Either they are into each other and we go with that or they aren't into each other. Don't have it both ways.

Mr Trick likes this.
  3. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I just think that by suggesting there could be a romance or at least that she liked him just fuels the connections people make between her and Buffy. Because not long had passed since he split up with Buffy then another romantic link so soon was always going to be compared to her. And personally I don't it added anything of note to the storyline to put it out there.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  4. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

I do agree with this :) she clearly had a thing for him, and when I first watched the show in real time I didn't like her purely for the reason that she was hitting on him lol . I was like noo he loves Buffy stop trying to replace her!' Lol So see your point there :) also at Mr Trick I can't figure out how to reply to your thought bubble under my post, but thanks for what you said :)

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  5. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

No problem:)

Not sure she ever actually hits on him though. She just gives little hints by things she says and her actions. It may have been the writers putting it out there to see if the fans shipped them as a couple (now I wonder what that ship name would be?:D), but because they never really responded it soon went away.

Fuffy Baith and GraceK like this.
  6. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    Yea I think it is maybe in the writing. Life maybe they wanted her to be the new Buffy. Cause I don't really think the actress plays into the romance. And I don't think David does either. I agree that Angel didn't need a love interest so soon after Buffy anyway. Plus we got the best Bangel episode every with I Will Remember You.

7. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Oh no we didn't!:D Point taken though it was odd timing:)

Fuffy Baith likes this.