1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question What kind of FanFic do you like to Read

Discussion in 'Introduction To The Watcher Diaries' started by NikonTheVampire, Apr 22, 2016.

1. flow

flow Male Vampires are stupid. Throw rocks at them

@Puppet

If you like Angst and Spuffy and Sigyn (you have recommended Immortal by her), you should try Pet by Sigyn. It is on Elyzian Fields. I would usually not recommend it because it is really, really, really dark. It freaked me out. Consider this a warning. But - as everything by Sigyn - it is very well written.

We also have a Spuffy fic rec thread at our favorite place, the Back Steps. A lot of Spuffy fan fics have been recommended here as well, but maybe you would like to have a look or review your favorite Spuffy fan fic there.

I, for myself, am going to add another dozen fan fics on my to-read-list.....

Flow

Priceless: Loved 'Pet'
    Puppet: I know about Pet, just haven't psyched myself up for it yet, lol, same with Darkest Dawn. I'll get there :)
    Priceless likes this.
  2. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

*squeeeeeeee* A spander fic request??!!!! Here in BuffyBoards?!!!!! My little heart can't take the excitement!!!!

@Puppet sounds like you're looking for Quantum Xander and don't forget its sequel Quantum Xander II. If you're looking for more Spander fics, just ask me. :D

Puppet: Yes! That's the one, thanks! And I'll keep that in mind :D
  3. dcai0830

dcai0830 "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."

Lots of Spuffy and Xander recs so far! Does anyone out there have any good Bangel fix recs? I have been on the hunt for a "you're welcome" re-write with Buffy.

I like to read Bangel five BUT I don't like the OOC over the top stuff. I like the fics that are plot driven not just Bangel smut.

My fanfic pet peeves are: character or ship bashing, I especially get annoyed when ff writer ignores ship cannon to make their story work. (I read one not to long ago that had Angel explaining to Buffy that he was going to meet Cordy on that cliff to "like maybe ask her out or something" lol), I hate overly emotional Buffy fics and possessive Angel characterizations.

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017 ---
    Some if my favs are:

Anything by Yahtzee she is a genius but especially Phoenix Burning and As Time Goes By.
    "Some say in ice" and "swan song" by Ariaadagio are two wonderfully written stories.
    Indiefic does great AU, and my fav of hers is "Domestication."