1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question What was the plan for Faith?

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by Guy, Nov 18, 2016.

1. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

They could have explained it away as being some sort of Slayer thing. I've read that explanation several times before, that Buffy and Faith could be either enemies or lovers, but nothing in between the two extremes, sort of like two pit bull terriers. They either go for the throat or ... Well, let your imagination take it from there. Point being, Buffy and Faith could still be straight, with the Slayer bond making this one single exception.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  2. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    The prison visit was as much about Angel as it was about Faith- the road to redemption being rocky. The conversation foreshadowed Angel's own journey in S2 so that's why it was there.

I know that many of the writers- Tim Minear especially- wanted to do a lot more with Faith's character but I never heard that they planned any arcs for her in advance until Angel S4, leading into the series finale of Buffy. The Buffy writers wanted her back for the end so the Angel writers worked her into their S4 plotting.

Ann and Carrie Hopewell like this.