1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What's On Your Mind

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by GwenRaiden, Jul 28, 2015.

1. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    You all seem like a community of deep thinkers. Well, you do! Really.

So it got me thinking (I promise I won't hurt myself), a thread to keep track of our day-to-day thoughts, serious thinking, silly thoughts, what you think of each other, etc, etc.

I'll start. I'm currently thinking, WHY CAN'T I GET INTO FRINGE! I just can't do it. Anna Torv offends me. Her face even annoys me! I think it's just not for me. Gimme LOST over this anyday.

Fuffy Baith and thetopher like this.
  2. thetopher

thetopher Member of the Church Of Faith

Sineya
    I could never get into Fringe either. It's not just Anna Torv's looks, its her voice, her tone, just the way she says things in general. Argh. :(

Tattoos of actual writing bug me. I thought the point of tattoo's were that they are symbols/pictographs. Symbolic things that mean something personal to you so you put them on your skin. Or you think they look pretty.
    I'm not talking about a name or anything. 'I love Mom/Tina/Dave' that's fine (just pick one!). Butterflies or fish or a nice flag- all of which I get in principal.

But 'oh, this is a bit from some philosophy from a book/holy text/bumper sticker that I've had tattooed on my side/back of my neck/my butt? I don't understand- do you want other people to read it and go 'wow, that person's so deep'?
    I just don't get it- and yet I see celebs do it all the time.

These, these are my thoughts people. This is how my mind works. :confused:

GwenRaiden: Ha. Tattoos (to me) are awful. There's only one thing I'd get tattooed on myself, one symbolic image, and even then I'm not sure I'll ever do it. (No offence tattooed people!)
    Taake: that's funny. I LOVE tattoos that are just writing
    Fuffy Baith: I don't like tattoos either, i just don't get it.
  3. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Currently, as some of you might already know, there is a great issue here in the South concerning the Confederate Battle Flag (NOT the Confederate National flag, as many seem to think), and various Confederate War Memorials with one group saying that it is nothing more than a part of Southern history, in no way in and of itself any more offensive than the original 13 star U S Flag or the Lincoln Monument, while another group sees any reference to the Civil War as offensive and racist. There is even a movement here in Georgia advocating either the modification or total removal of the sculpture on the side of Stone Mountain because it depicts Confederate figures, Lee, Jackson, and Davis.

Both groups have valid arguments, but neither side has any inclination whatsoever of trying to find some sort of middle ground compromise that will allow everyone to retain what they consider valid, and vital, elements of their culture.

GwenRaiden: Personally I have to agree with those who find it offensive and racist. The removal of sculptures on a mountain seems like a difficult job! I'd just leave them as they are.
    thetopher likes this.
  4. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Please don't put Fringe on, please don't put Fringe on.

Also thinking WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE SUMMER. It's freezing cold here. I have the HEATING ON.

Edit: He put Fringe on. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 29, 2015 ---
    You mean Pacey from Dawson's Creek?

The only thing he's good in was 'Urban Legend'. He died near the beginning.

thetopher: Focus on Peter, not on Olivia! :)
    Fuffy Baith and thetopher like this.
  5. Smile Time

Smile Time The Scattered One

Sineya
    You must really hate Pacey then :p

Right now, I'm thinking about Parrish from Teen Wolf with gym clothes, hot :)

GwenRaiden: I just hate Dawson's Creek really.
  6. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    Right now, I'm thinking, why is my dam chemical reaction not working, and why is it taking so dam long to filter! I just wanna go home!

hihi well I got a tattoo of a quote :p So maybe I can explain a bit of the mystery of written tattoos for you. So the quote I got is from a French book, and yes, it does mean something personal to me. To me, a message or a quote can be just as personal as a drawing or picture type of tattoo. I also just got it for myself, it's in a location that no one really sees, unless I'm wearing like a bikini or something, so I definitely didn't get it for other people. And it being it French, no one understand what it means anyway. So I got it more for a reminder of my own values, and for the beauty of the book from which the quote comes from. To me, this quote is just as symbolic as a picture could ever be. But of course to each their own, I know plenty of people that hate tattoos :p

RoxySilver likes this.
  7. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Stress!! All I have had this year is stress...but at least after 3 weeks I know have hot water!! I can't seem to get more than 4/5 hours sleep at the moment which is unusual for me as I'm a person that can easily have 11 hours straight. On the up side, I've been to my first con this year and loved it (even though I'm now broke lol. Hmmm coffee...

GwenRaiden: Mwah x
  8. VisionBoy

VisionBoy Scooby

My grandfather. He has lung cancer that's spread just about everywhere and he's just starting chemo this week.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 29, 2015 ---
    GwenRaiden: Sorry to hear this. Cancer is an awful thing. I don't know where you are in the world, but there are usually charities in most places set up to support not only your grandfather, but you and your family too. Hope you're ok.

Thank you, I appreciate that a lot.
    Yeah, I live in England and both Macmillan nurses and district nurses have been seeing him regularly and they've been really fantastic so far. We're trying to band together as a family and do all we can, but it helps him and my Grams to have that bit of extra support for sure :)

I'm on automatic pilot for the most part and then the reality of the situation will hit me at really random moments. But I'm doing okay, thank you.

GwenRaiden: Sorry to hear this. Cancer is an awful thing. I don't know where you are in the world, but there are usually charities in most places set up to support not only your grandfather, but you and your family too. Hope you're ok.
    Nix: hugs xx
  9. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Glad to hear you're getting that support. Illness can be such a strain on a family, sometimes the best thing for it is to have that stranger in the middle to talk to about it. I'm not sure if it's something your family has thought about, but touch therapy for cancer suffers can be a great thing. Anything as simple as a gentle massage treatment or lymphatic drainage treatment (sounds scary, but it's just another type of massage) can be a great help. It's as simple as finding someone qualified who offers it in your area. Wishing your grandfather and family all the best.

VisionBoy likes this.
  10. thetopher

Sineya
    Still, at least its in French, which is a rare exotic language I understand?

I mean, who speaks French nowadays? Pretty much a dead language if you ask me. :D

You're still weird Blaze, but thanks for the explanation. :)

As somebody who's parents both got cancer I can tell you that a positive attitude and staying strong/together as a family can make all the difference in the world when it comes to beating cancer.
    All love and support is good when it comes to survival.

I hope things get better for you and your grandfather.

VisionBoy: Thank you. I really appreciate that, truly. :)
    Blaze: I like being called rare and exotic :D (as long as it's not in the context of exotic dancing! Yikes!)
    GwenRaiden and VisionBoy like this.
  11. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Turned around to see The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on TV and actually asked "Is that a computer game?".

Oh my gawd it looks so awful.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  12. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    You'll want to wipe that sumbitch from your memory right there. Boom. That's it. If I could erase watching those monsters I would do it.

GwenRaiden: Hahaha
    Blaze likes this.
  13. nightshade

nightshade Watcher Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Gishwhes starts tomorrow!!!

14. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    I had to look up what that was! Never heard of it before! Sounds crazy.

I need this migraine to go away. It's so bad, got me feeling like this:

I've no painkillers so have had to take diazepam instead. Please work.

nightshade: It is crazy!
    Blaze: Diazepam will at least make you feel nice and relaxed!
  15. thetopher

Sineya
    Sometimes a cold shower makes a headache go away- at least for an hour or so.

Mind you, I'm lucky in that I don't really get bad migraines. Feel better.

Blaze: Or a baggie of ice on the head also works great!
    Blaze likes this.
  16. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    @GwenRaiden

If you are suffering from a headache, watch this:

[​IMG]

You will still have your headache. It will just seem like it is someone else's head.

GwenRaiden: Haha! I could watch that for hours. *brainexplodes*
    thetopher: Evil Psychedelic cat! Run! :P
    Blaze: someone needs to put a seizure warning on this things! lol
    AnthonyCordova and GwenRaiden like this.
  17. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Lol, was actually just watching Fringe!

As for deep thoughts I'm planning my finances...zzzz, unfun. But I'm also thinking about the books I want to buy, considering do some yoga again today and pondering what route to take when I take the woofer out. Mostly I'm trying to distract myself from the fact that my last week of vacation just ended... Monday it's back to business!

thetopher and GwenRaiden like this.
  18. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    They have those new 'invisible' woofers that go under your couch. It's alittle odd at first feeling the bass coming from underneath you but it does add intensity. But I would not recommend totally removing the woofer, all you get is high end then.

GwenRaiden likes this.
  19. thetopher

Sineya
    I would like an invisible 'woofer'. Then I could set him on people - 'Behold my terrifying ghost-dog!' :D

I'm thinking about getting a real dog though (my imaginary one died, or ran off) just haven't decided on the breed.

20. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    I've no advice RE dog breeds. Definitely do lots of research for what would suit your lifestyle though. Have you had a dog before? I've always wanted a greyhound/lurcher type dog because they are so beautiful to look at but man, they are a lot of work! You do get the odd laid back, retired greyhound, I've spent time with a few and they are amazing company.