1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

What's On Your Mind

Discussion in 'The Game of Life' started by GwenRaiden, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Our house hosted a bachelorette party on Friday and Saturday. Thankfully the estrogenfest is over. Attempting to repair damage and keep the house in good shape.

Mr Trick: Don't think I would let that happen in my house lol.
  2. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    I cannot stop thinking about that poor baby drowned on the shore of a Turkish beach. I feel like I've went through every emotion with it being on my mind, but now I'm just angry. That poor Syrian family's desperation is heartbreaking. Shame on this country's government. Yet more blood on their hands. Link here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ed-syrian-boy-shows-tragic-plight-of-refugees . Caution though, it is distressing. I had nightmares last night because the image and feelings wouldn't leave my mind.

Smile Time: I read about it on the news last week, very sad :(
  3. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    The newspapers here are going for the gut-punch: "Europe didn't save, Aylan, 3" all in bolds. Placing the blame on everyone but Syria it seems.

Nix and Mr. Pole like this.
  4. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    THIS sums up how I feel about Syria if you care to read. Never trust the Western media. The blame is on those in power, as per usual.

5. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Here's where I stand on this issue. I think the article you highlighted and the example of Bush/Blair and the war on terror is a good example to back up your point, because it has been proven since than they didn't have the evidence to back their claims up and we all know about Bush's gun-ho conservative politics etc... But I think you are making a couple of sweeping statements. First of all in a lot of these cases yes those in power have a big part to play and more and more they are either washing their hands of it, or even worse stirring the violence up even more. But to blame it all on them is to underestimate how complex these issues are and is also like treating people as passive and obsorbing them of all responsibility. If people act in a violent way and don't think before doing so then they have to take some blame. And being poor is not an excuse either.

And your statement about the media is like painting them with the same brush. Yes, there are many bad ones, but there are still those who produce informative, balanced and passionite joualisum. One such paper is the Gurdian. So they happened to have someone who was on Blair's staff reporting for them, big deal. There could be a number of reasons for that, and it might just be a one off rather than an example which proves the rule. I'm sure they have had many different people write for them with many different political propectives. But anyone who has read the paper properly will know than they are very anti-the Blair/Bush war agenda and certainly in terms of the recent governments have been very much against them too.

I won't go too far off topic, but I do think that certain people who knock Western media are being too paraianoid themselves. I'll name a brief example of when I lived in a house with three Russian students a couple of years. One of them was very pro-Putin and seem to agree with the way the country was being run, and seemed to have some quite old fashioned right wing views. Now if you were to believe his opinion then there are no issues with gay rights in Russia and Pussy Riot deserved to be locked up for three years just for using freedom of expression etc... and more cruically than the western media are just misreporting all of this, etc.. Now people does that sound right to you?

GwenRaiden: The western media HATES Russia! So yes, of course they are misreporting, as are Russia. Anyway, I don't really think you're understanding what I was trying to support in the link, so nevermind.
  6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

@GwenRaiden Then explain it to me?:)

Yes certain western media do mis-report the facts, but what you need to understand is that news reporting is often from one prospective anyway, or that you sometimes only have a certain side of the facts. And of course I might be a little bias but I happen to believe in freedom of speech and expression. If someone had done what PussyRiot did over here then they would have got a slap on wrist and spent the night in the cells, and that would be it, and that's all they should get. The other point about the media over here is that unlike places like China and Russia at least we have freedom of press which I am sure you would agree is a good thing.

GwenRaiden: You're missing my point! As I said, NEVERMIND
  7. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    Where did this week go? I hate when Monday makes you feel like you have forever to get everything done and then Thursday night rolls around and you are like, crap, where did the week go! That is on my mind. Also on my mind is wondering if Clorox wipes are flushable.. as I've flushed some! Bad Pole.

8. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    My poor baby isn't well! :( She woke up at 10pm absolutely inconsolable and very sick. I've just sat with her for 45 mins after giving her a warm shower and bottle to try and cuddle her to sleep. I really hope she isn't unwell for her 1st birthday. :(

Mr Trick: Hope things work out and she feels better soon.
  9. Taake

Black Thorn
    Aw, poor kiddo. Hope she gets better soon!

On my mind is chores... not on my mind are chores that have drifted out of reach and taunt me with their distance! I know I'm forgetting about something, in other words!

10. nightshade

nightshade Watcher Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Passport photographs, I got to renew my passport and I so hate having my photo taken for it.

Mr Trick: Mine is coming up for renewal also and I too hate that feeling.
    Mr Trick likes this.
  11. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Thank you Taake! She seems a bit perkier this evening, just exhausted (both of us).

What's on my mind is how loud and busy the city is tonight! Has been all day as there's a Scotland v Germany football match on in the city's biggest stadium. I actually want Germany to win!

Mr Trick: You got your wish and as an English man so did I! LOL.
  12. Taake

Black Thorn
    You know you have pretty good kibble when your dog gets kibble + a raw bloody bone and she goes for the kibble first! That or she knows that you need to eat your "greens" before you get your candy ;)

13. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    I'm sure your kibble is very tasty. A little kibble and then a good bone is all you really need to make a bitch happy.

Fuffy Baith likes this.
  14. Taake

Black Thorn
    Nope, after dinner she wants cuddles. Work work work...

15. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    So she wants kibble, a bone and then cuddle! oh my word. How typical.

Fuffy Baith and Taake like this.
  16. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    On my mind: grandparents are the best.

gite63 and Taake like this.
  17. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Nervous about yet another hospital appointment that is needed. :(

18. Taake

Black Thorn
    I'm in that exhausted/giggly stage brought on by days of tension being released. My mind is now starting to notice how thoroughly messy my apartment is... guess I'll celebrate my evening of freedom with TV and cleaning, hehe.

I'm sorry to hear that hun!

Nix: Ta hun x
  19. gite63

gite63 Gone

Sineya
    I wonder how bespangeled is; she had surgery on September 16, didn't she? I hope she is well.

GwenRaiden likes this.
  20. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    My plan is to have an early night but I'm already doubtful about that. I need sleep but I don't want sleep.