1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Whedonverse FanVideos

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by nerd4hire, May 8, 2006.

1. nerd4hire

nerd4hire Certified Uncloneable

2. nerd4hire

Has anyone ever visited Steven DeKnight's (Buffy/Angel/Smallville) My Space? He has two fanvideos there, I think are the best of that kind of edited-clips thing I've ever seen. My favourite is Buffy meets Clark Kent.

http://www.myspace.com/stevendeknight

Schillaci: I bet you're one of deknights myspace "friends"
    Tillow4ever: I don't see any vids...
  3. CrazyMary

CrazyMary Don't ever touch a raptor

The buffy/clark is my favourite too.it's well made and i like the way he mixed the two shows.plus,the music really matches the images.

4. nerd4hire

I wonder how she did that thing where she had Buffy and Clark appear in the same frame at the end.

I like the way she did stuff like have the crash in the music synchronize with Faith and Wesley crashing through the car. Really clever stuff.

I'd like to figure out an easy way to download that so I could watch it anytime I wanted. I guess I could try to capture the stream, but I'd have to go to the trouble of figuring out how to do that for just one video.

In Windows 98 I used to be able to just go into my temporary internet file, and grab the video out of there, but seems to me I tried that one time with XP, and it didn't work.

5. nerd4hire

Here's some links to Whedonverse FanVids I grabbed from an article at Wired.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=390q81ApDd0

http://www.fluffytheslayer.com/

Cherub is an Angel parody about an alcholic vampire that wears bunny slippers.

http://www.cautionzero.net/

Here's one that may or may not be bouncing off Buffy/Angel. It's called Barry the Demon Hunter.

http://www.barrythedemonhunter.co.uk/

This one isn't out yet but...

http://www.intotheblack.ca/index.php?q=node/41

Here's one of those fan-splice videos for firefly. Mal, Zoe, loss - that kind of thing. It's too dark for my old monitor to pick up. Might be decent. I don't know. I like the song they chose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjK5cw3kxE&mode=related&search=

Lily: thanks for the links, good way fo rme to kil an afternoon (cause we all need more stuf to procrastinate with)
  6. Black Eye Guy

Black Eye Guy Taking over the World!

Black Thorn
    I usually hate all those fan made shows, but I have to say that top one, The continued Buffy one, has me kinda intrigued!

7. Edmund Blackadder

Edmund Blackadder Scooby

See these are exactly why fans shouldnt make them....you watch the fanvids and hate the actual show that little bit for inspiring this tripe..........

Spirit_Of_Fred: hey, i like your new avatar! :)
    Schillaci: You're so mean [/monotone]
  8. Spirit_Of_Fred

Spirit_Of_Fred The Psycho

is there an actual story to the emma paige-langley one, or is it just a 'opening credits' thing?

9. nerd4hire

Well if you click the more link, it says this -

Hope she acts better than she spells.

Also if you scope around on the page you can find links to 2 more trailers.

10. nerd4hire

11. Spirit_Of_Fred

Spirit_Of_Fred The Psycho

lol! :p you should also check out the companion to the muffin one, vangelis.

nerd4hire: Thanks for the invite, but this one time I think I'll pass. ;)
  12. nerd4hire

This is kind of cute I think, so I thought I'd tell you the story.

I decided to figure out how to save these things to my hard drive after all, because some of the stuff I'm coming across lately is pretty good I think, and needs to be stored in my own personal archives. :D

So I find this add-on/plug-in thing for Firefox which they claim I'll just click, and it will save the video for me. I install it, jerk around with it for more time than I want to admit to, and finally get it to do something. Eventually I've got the file on my desktop. I click it, and nothing happens. Turns out it's in a special format called flv. Most media players won't play flv. You have to get a special media player. So I get one called VLC media player, and the file works. But I don't like the media player. So I look for a converter that will convert the flv format to something my old media player will play. I find one called Super. It's complicated like a NASA space probe, but it looks like all I have to do is paste the URL of the video into it, and it will save the video for me in any format I want. I didn't need all the steps leading up to this, I could have just downloaded Super. To add to the burn, I take another look at my original media player - Jet Audio, and it turns out it will save streams too.

Having said all that though, you know what? It's kind of nifty having an icon on my browser now, and all I have to do is click it, and I can save a video from youtube, or where-ever directly to my hard-drive.

Wanna try it? If you use Firefox as a browser, it's here -

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/

13. Randy Giles

Randy Giles Two sides to every soul.

^ I didn't like VLC Media Player at first but I do now...it doesn't glitch the programs as much as WMP, and I can do other stuff with it playing and when I go back to it, it doesn't stall the video, etc. Plus it plays nearly everything.

Oh but sucky sucky it won't let me save video from ABC.com.

14. nerd4hire

Do they play in a media player? If so, have you tried a media player which will save streams, such as jet audio?

15. nerd4hire

16. nerd4hire

17. nerd4hire

18. nerd4hire

19. David

David Registered User

[Whedonesque] Fan Film news: Muffin the Turtle Killer - All 5 scenes on Youtube.

From the (sadly aborted) fan film by Harvey Chin. The scenes create a nice prequel to the upcoming "Vangelis". They can be downloaded directly to your hard drive from Rapidshare here (32MB). In related fan film news, "Cherub" has episodes, 20, 21. Also sites "In the Heavy Skies", & "Slayers" have had recent updates on their progress. Computer animated series Winter may still need people to vocalise Spike and some other characters.

Link To Original Article

20. nerd4hire

This Serenity one won an award at the Starfury convention in London.

http://jossno1fan.livejournal.com/50034.html?nc=39

I don't know. I guess if you happen to be a gay guy, or a straight woman you might get it, but I can't help thinking the rest of us are going, "Huh? What's the big deal?"

Don't misunderstand me. I've got nothing against gay guys, or straight women. I just don't understand why a fan video wins an award based on nothing more than the fact it's a drool vid directed at the actors. If it was directed at the actresses it wouldn't have won an award.