1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who Are You

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by Airam, Jul 24, 2016.

?

Who Are You?: Who was more believable in the swap?

1. SMG as Faith

58.3%
  2. Eliza Dushku as Buffy

8.3%
  3. They both nailed it!

33.3%
  1. Airam

Airam Zen baby.

Sineya
    Curious to know who did you find did a better job in the character swap during the episode Who Are You... For me personally upon rewatchings of that episode more and more I feel like SMG did a better job portraying Faith..... I mean her performance for me made it easier to forget I was looking at Buffys face and really belive that it was all Faith under there. With Eliza's I got more stuck, it was harder for me to get past the face and see Buffy underneath. And not because I think Eliza is any less of an actor, on the contrary, I think she is amazing... I just couldn't loose myself in that performance. Maybe cause she is just so Faith, I mean the screen presence is so strong... I dunno. Anyway what did ya'll think?

2. Monkey Pants

Monkey Pants Bored Now

Black Thorn
    I have the opposite opinion of most people; I feel that Eliza did a better job. To me, SMG never felt like Faith, she felt like "evil Buffy". Slightly similar to in When She Was Bad. Whereas even in the limited scenes Eliza had (especially the one where she was talking to Giles) I really felt like it could be Buffy. Don't get me wrong, SMG did a really good job, it just didn't exactly feel like Faith to me.

Fuffy Baith, Lyri and Airam like this.
  3. Guy

Guy Scooby

Black Thorn
    They both did great, but SMG did better, IMO. The body language, the facial expressions, the deeper voice, the accent, even the slightly-dead-eyes that Faith usually has... Fantastic.

Airam likes this.
  4. Taake

Taake Tweedledee Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I think it's SMG for me. Eliza didn't have as much as work with obviously so she's at disadvantage. Though MonkeyPants makes a fair point about SMG being a bit "evil Buffy".

Airam likes this.
  5. Athena

Athena Tweedledum Staff Member

Black Thorn
    It's an episode I really need to rewatch again soon, because as I recall, SMG nailed it and I was never that fond of Eliza's performance, but it was a while ago I saw it, so perhaps a fresh set of eyes and perspective is necessary?

Airam likes this.
  6. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

I'd say SMG. I think she really enjoyed unleashing that different side of Buffy. She's always played those sorts of parts very well anyway. Eliza did a solid job, but wasn't given as much to do.

Airam likes this.
  7. Fuffy Baith

Fuffy Baith 2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member

Sineya
    They both did a great job. SMG had a harder job trying to play Faith pretending to be Buffy. When she Faith being Faith she does a great job. But when she's Faith pretending to be Buffy, it does come off as a bit "evil Buffy". But again is a tough role. Eliza had less to do (sadly) but I think she nailed it. I kinda wish it had been a two parter episode.

Monkey Pants and Airam like this.
  8. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

I think it isn't a fair comparison since Eliza didn't really get a lot of time to play Buffy.

9. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Jotunheim

Black Thorn
    Sarah was AWESOME. Totally believable as Faith.

10. Slayerofslayers

Slayerofslayers We're going to destroy the world. Want to come?

I think SMG did a better job. It made me think that it was really Faith instead of just an evil Buffy which made her interactions with the other scoobies, Spike, Riley, and Joyce impactful. They both did a really good job though. It's a really good episode because they portray each other so well and they both learn a lot of what it's like to be the other and gain new insights into their own lives once they switch back.

11. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    I'm voting for SMG

12. brittles

brittles Scooby

Sineya
    Have to give this one to SMG. I mean the scene in her bathroom where she's practicing saying "because it's wrong"- Hilarious! Not trying to put Eliza down-she's amazing, it just seemed harder for her to pretend to be the "good girl." That said I don't think anyone could have brought Faith's character to life better than Eliza.