1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Who would like to see more Fray comics?

Discussion in 'Comics' started by SpikeRules, Apr 9, 2016.

1. SpikeRules

SpikeRules Still kicking it with Buffy

Sineya
    I thought this was one of the best Buffyverse comics ever. I really wish they would make more stories starring Melaka.

2. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    Screw comics. I would love a show. I think you do a Fray tv show and it would have both sc-fi and horror elements it could really be a good little show.

3. SpikeRules

SpikeRules Still kicking it with Buffy

Sineya
    Oh yeah, a tv show would be awesome. But I'd settle for a monthly Fray comic. Or even a 6 or 7 part storyarc every year. Sort of like what Mignola does with Helboy.

4. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

If there's anything in the Buffyverse that lends itself perfectly to an animated movie or TV series, it is Fray. Live action, with the futuristic sets and architecture would be cost prohibitive, but animation would totally eliminate that problem.

Now, let's get Eliza to do the voice, and we're choppin' in tall cotton!

5. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    They have this thing now called a green screen where you can have whole architectures and sets all done within a computer. It would not necessarily be cost prohibitive. Most of the TV shows on today, even Law & Order use greenscreen in one form or another.

6. Washburne

Washburne Protector of the key.

Black Thorn
    More Fray? Yes please. I'll admit, when I first read the comic it took me some time to getting used to the format. I hadn't read comic in a long time. But by the time I was done I definitely wanted more. A Tv-show would be nice too of course but even if I like Eliza I see no point in using her as a voice actor if it's an animated show.

7. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    Eliza doesnt sound like Fray to me. Her voice is not how I hear Fray's voice.

Washburne: You have anyone in mind?
  8. gite63

gite63 Gone

Sineya
    I read Fray last year, and I loved it. The more, the merrier.

9. Mr. Pole

Mr. Pole Scooby

Black Thorn
    @Washburne To me I hear her more of a slightly higher pitched Lauren Bacall. Everytime ED talks it sounds as though she needs a Sucret.

GwenRaiden: I love(d) Lauren Bacall. She did some great voice work near the end of her career.
    Washburne likes this.
  10. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    I liked Fray a lot more the first time I read it, to the bits they put in the Buffy comics. But I definitely think it would have potential.

11. AndrewCrossett

AndrewCrossett Satsu Otaku

Sineya
    I thought Tania Raymonde would have been a great Melaka in a movie or TV show. But she's probably too old now.

The editor at Dark Horse comics said they'd never do any Fray comic unless Joss himself was writing it. Now that he's got the Marvel stuff off his plate maybe he'll have more time for stuff like that... but first he's got that Twist miniseries coming out sometime later this year.

12. The Bronze

The Bronze Rogue Demon Hunter

Black Thorn
    I would have liked a Fray film. In fact I liked the idea so much I joined a Kickstarter campaign to fund one. With the total met and exceeded I should have had a copy of the film about 2 years ago. I'm still waiting. One of many people and companies on my ever growing "deserves a punch in the face" list.

I'm not sure if I'd like a new comic though because I haven't quite wrapped my head around whether that timeline should exist or not now.

13. AndrewCrossett

AndrewCrossett Satsu Otaku

Sineya
    Fan films are always a big risk, especially when you're asking people for money to make it. One letter from a lawyer, and it's all over.

That might be what happened here, but if the creator wasn't a scammer he would have either refunded the money or at least explained what happened by now.

That's why I never give Kickstarter money to people I don't know either personally or by reputation. It can be a totally sweet scam for dishonest people, because it's really a case of "backer beware." There's not really any recourse if the creator stiffs the backers.