1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Why didn't Buffy just kill Spike in Crushed?

Discussion in 'Season 5' started by BuffyBot22, May 16, 2017.

1. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul I AM GROOT

Spike, Dru and Harmony might as well have been wearing shirts with the words 'PLOT ARMOR' because it was so obvious that this was the reason why they survived. And Buffy should have been wearing her 'SLAYER'S DAY OFF' shirt. Except Buffy didn't just have the day off, she seemed to have completely forgotten she was a slayer.

What a bunch of rubbish. Not from you but when that excuse comes from the characters. Spike has proven in both S4 and 5 that he is still very much a danger. By S5 that excuse of 'no real threat' just doesn't work anymore. He should have been dustier than Dusty McDust by 'Crush' at the latest.

Buffy dusts vampires who just come out of their graves who haven't done anyone harm. She even dusts vamps that get stuck while crawling out who are absolutely in no position to be a danger to anyone. So why is it ok to stake them but the 'name' vampires are spared from dusting, ALWAYS. Either every soulles vampire deserves killing or none of the do.

thetopher, BuffyBot22 and GraceK like this.
  2. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

It's been awhile since I saw that episode, but wasn't Spike supposed to be more or less a ready source of information about the goings on in the demon community around Sunnydale at that time? I know that's kind of a stretch, but I'm not sure that the writers knew exactly what they wanted Spike to be on the show, other than that he was supposed to help fill the vacancy left when David left the show. Probably, if "Angel" had fizzled out in the first Season, he or Charisma, or both would have returned to Sunnydale (if for no other reason, they would almost certainly have still been under contract to Joss) at least in recurring guest roles, if not permanently, which would have most likely pushed Spike out of the picture completely.

3. GoSpuffy

GoSpuffy Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer

Black Thorn
    From Buffy's point of view reason one may have been Spike lips, lips of spike. Perhaps even thoughts of spikes eyes eyes of spikes and spike abs abs of spike crossing her mind. Seriously, it's because Buffy is the hero and the hero never beats on impotent, flaccid creatures.

Priceless: Lips of Spike, what other reason do you need :-)
    Priceless likes this.
  4. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

Hey baby, we like your lips! Hey baby, we love your pants! All aboard for fuuuuuuuun tiiiime!

Priceless: A Spuffy lovers theme song! Go Iggy
    GoSpuffy: I don't know this song and yet I'm suddenly very keen to hear it.
    Priceless likes this.
  5. Spikeyspike

Spikeyspike Townie

To be honest, because the audience loved him and they needed to keep Spike around. Up untill "Intervention" that's the only reason he was never really killed. But that of course can't be said in the tv show... lol