1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Would the world have ended if Xander and Anya had gotten married?

Discussion in 'Season 6' started by Bad Dog, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Bad Dog

Bad Dog I'm naming all the stars

Without Anya's teleportation powers being able to provide the information about Willow and Xander being at buffy's house to discuss the Spike and Anya situation and therefore call 911, the events of the last three episodes would have been much different. So would the world have ended? And therefore did Xander save the world by leaving Anya at the altar?

Puppet likes this.
  2. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

That's entering butterfly territory. Playing with the story as is, Dark Willow would've destroyed the last 2, and the question is, what then? She may have self-destructed at that point or gone away. Or, she could've still been confronted by Giles (who was surely on his way by then) and it could lead to the end of the world scenario, assuming DW had any fight left in her (if not then he'd probably take her back to England, assuming she let him). Without watching it again, I THINK it could've ended about the same even without Anya being able to teleport (and does Buffy allow them to beep her in case of apocalypse anymore?).

It just occurs to me that a truly insidious form of cursed wishes would be for those who get their heart's desire instead of vengeance. Anya could wish to have had her dream wedding with her and Xander happily married now, and wish granted...though the world will soon be over now. (It's just, would Anya really fall for that? I suppose Xander might, though he'd word it differently.)