1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Would Xander Try to Kill Buffy in "When She Was Bad"?

Discussion in 'Season 2' started by vellavu, Jul 13, 2016.

1. vellavu

vellavu Scooby

Black Thorn
    If Willow, Cordy, Jenny and Giles got killed by the anointed one?

BUFFY
    We have to think. Why did they take them?

XANDER
    If they hurt Willow I'm gonna kill you.

2. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

Nope. He's not that kind of boy, and he was blowing off steam (though he was genuinely upset about what happened AND angry at how Buffy had been treating him). For all his flaws, Xander is a decent person deep down, and he hasn't been dehumanized or desensitized enough to make death threats and mean them (at least not against humans).

Though I'll speculate on what's conceivable to me (not to be confused as me finding it likely): IF Willow were seriously hurt (as in Death Wish victim style, or made into a vampire, etc), then it's possible that he might not have anything more to do with Buffy, but I'd actually see him becoming really bitter and hardcore, and he'd end up working with Buffy, though in a different way than before (similar to "Dark Wesley" in Angel)...with one possible exception: I COULD see him deciding to off Angel as both payback, and childish resentment over how Buffy chose Angel over him (and how she'd recently been treating him). It's even conceivable to me that he recklessly tries magic that creates all sorts of chaos, and if Willow is a vampire, he might, conceivably, give himself up to her as a suicide of sorts (and THEN, as a vampire, try to kill Buffy). But really, I'd just see him going into a very depressed state who'd eventually get over it (at least enough to function again) and move on (though with a much grimmer attitude), or if he didn't, then be a dysfunctional alcoholic.

Puppet and sosa lola like this.
  3. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

I also don't think he'd kill Buffy. He'd be depressed, angry, cut Buffy out of his life, and I agree with @thrasherpix that he'll eventually come back but with a bitter attitude.

4. sharona1981

sharona1981 Lorne lover :)

I don't think Xander would be capable of it, even if Willow had been killed-but her death would definitely have had serious repercussions for him. And I don't think he would ever have fully forgiven Buffy for letting her die.

5. Kerri

Kerri Chosen One

Things get said in the heat of a moment

sosa lola likes this.
  6. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Jotunheim

Black Thorn
    Xander is a big talker...ha. If he DID try to kill Buffy, she'd break every bone in his body.

Priceless likes this.