1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Wouldn't it be Great! if they made a tv version of S8?

Discussion in 'Season 8' started by chasesummers, Jul 19, 2013.

1. chasesummers

chasesummers Cordy Lives

Just a thought I had which I wanted to share :) nothing serious I guess...

Wouldn't it be great if season 8 (and 9 too) would turn into another ''real life'' season? Season 8 was a bit of an overload, turning that into a tv series would be pretty darn expensive haha.

Last week I noticed that Emma Caulfield stayed connected to fans and who not on Youtube where people can ask advice and questions sometimes. If Anya appeared on Season 8 or 9 (even if she died) I would have asked Emma if she could act her part from the comic :)

I'd like to ask, how come Season 8 Motion Comic part 2 never was made?
    Sure the voice was terrible but half a season is worse.

2. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

A Season 8 for TV would have been great, if we're talking about all of the Sunnydale gang, basically just setting up shop somewhere else. Realistically, though I seriously doubt that it would have been possible. A "Faith, The Vampire Slayer" series was proposed, but Eliza elected to do "Tru Calling" instead. That basic story line could have probably been adapted to work with some modification. The problem would be that Anya was gone, Sarah, and, I think, Anthony, wanted out, and James was moved over to "Angel". That would mean, basically, starting an entirely new series, with almost an all new cast and a new location.

3. iShower4free

iShower4free Scooby

I think an Angel and Faith series would have gone over great, still could. I mean yes David Boreanaz looks older but I mean that's a detail I think fans could get over quickly.

4. chasesummers

chasesummers Cordy Lives

Many of the actors have new roles and project so it's very difficult to get back together. Even if the cast gather up for a movie, I don't think it would be enough as a movie can never offer as much as a tv show, it would probably disappoint.

It's only natural that Sarah and maybe others ''wanted out'', seven years they have put on Buffy which is a great gift to us as it has a lot to offer. Who knows maybe Sarah and the others would like to make a come back. Even if it's only a mini series that covers Season 8/9 piece by piece... we just have to want it enough :p

I wouldn't like new actors to take the place of the original cast, in that case, just leave the comic as it as, I really like the fact that they kept their original faces.

5. Zeppelin92

Zeppelin92 Potential

It would be cool to see a web series' following one of the newly activated Slayers during season 8 training with all the others. Or even just one entire squad. U figure they don't really need to put SMG in it if they didn't want to. Just something short and sweet that coincides with the comics would be neat.

6. chasesummers

chasesummers Cordy Lives

If a TV series cant be done, why not make a video game of both season 8 and 9? :) it's not as rewarding but hey! :D

7. EVIL UU

EVIL UU Scooby

[MENTION=12446]chasesummers[/MENTION]
    Hell yes! I would love to play a proper Buffy video game again. Sadly, I don't think the franchise is big enough for an AAA action game in the style of previous BtVS games. There's just not enough money to be made here. A Telltale "The Walking Dead"-like adventure game on the other hand.... Eh, one can dream.

I don't know, personally I find games far more rewarding than TV shows. Take something like "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" and add some BtVS. What you get is Buffy: Bloodlines, basically, my dream game. Seriously, with a franchise like BtVS the possibilities are endless, adventure games, action RPGs, brawlers, imagine an asymmetric Slayer vs Vampires multiplayer or a Buffy-verse action MMORPG.

You know, It really pains me that this franchise is so bloody dead.

8. chasesummers

chasesummers Cordy Lives

Haha glad you liked the idea! :p
    It would be great to see a better version of the already neat games like Buffy on Xbox & Buffy Chaos Bleeds.

When talking about tv shows, the cast have to want to go for it in order to become true, and as we know, some of the cast members right now are kinda busy...
    BUT when we're talking about video games, it's the fans that need to want it the most. I'm sure some cast members can donate their voice. Sure it's rewarding but I still don't feel it's as rewarding, Season 8 would definitely make a fantastic game though.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines is a great game, totally reminds me of Buffy sometimes. Buffyverse game (no need of any timeline) would be wicked too.

9. fredthe3rd

fredthe3rd Potential

chasesummers: Great video haha :) thanks for sharing
  10. chasesummers

chasesummers Cordy Lives

I think the best idea is making a movie about Buffy in the distant future, one where the comics can lead up to. Doing so can make a finally close the story in hopefully a positive way.

11. Buffyverse Fan

Buffyverse Fan * The 28th *

Sineya
    Animated, animated, animated.

At this point even the "human" characters are waaay too old, the vampires are borderline comically aged. They'd never do live-action, nor would anyone budget the money needed for S8.

The motion comics were terrible, but the core male leads already do lots of work with Bruce Timm, the undisputed top director of quality DVD animated films. And in 2013, MUCH bigger celebs than Sarah Gellar do animated movies, even straight to DVD ones.

12. Robb Stark

Robb Stark King in the North

Sineya
    I agree with the animated sentiment in general, but at the same time I've never understood the phobia people seem to have about the actors (Angel and Spike in particular) being too old for their roles. Yes, I understand the mythology and that vampires don't age, but at the same time I really, truly don't think it would be an issue. It's a matter of suspension of disbelief. Hell, compare Angel from S1 of BTVS with Angel in S5 of his own show. You could advance the story ten years or so to counteract for the "human" characters aging (or even shorter than that) and let Hollywood makeup and effect do the rest.

13. Buffyverse Fan

Buffyverse Fan * The 28th *

Sineya
    It's the most realistic, and would probably be able to produce better results than a middle-budget live-action movie. There's also the fact that 100% of the core male cast would jump at it, considering most already dabble in that genre. Alyson Hannigan would likely be attainable since her husband is a frequent collaborator with Bruce Timm (the animated film guru that other Whedon alum work with).

That's very true, I remember as early as S2 the period Hyperion episode they had that in-joke about the occult shop owner guessing "Angel" was turned at around Boreanaz' real age as opposed to 26-28, which is mean to be Liam's turning point.

If David Boreanaz were more like James Marsters, I could totally go with the suspension of disbelief. Marsters is so invested in "Spike" that he would do anything to make it work.

Boreanaz on the other hand doesn't even pretend to be especially invested in "Angel," or even "Booth" too much considering he's a Producer on "Bones." And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. James Spader openly says he has no personal investment into his roles, or even much of an interest beyond his paycheck, and Spader is one of the finest actors in Hollywood!

14. chasesummers

chasesummers Cordy Lives

That's why I thought that if they wanted to do a movie, it's best to do the last story of Buffy, how it will end and the comics can lead up to it.

I wouldn't mind animated, their age doesn't really bother me at all, I just like the fact that they reunited. If it were going to be animated, get the actors at least not some very... very bad actors like from the S8 Motion Comic, terrible.

15. Tome

Tome Berktwad

Black Thorn
    Eh, it would have been great back then, but it's not gonna happen now. All I can see happening is a reboot in the far future with new characters put into the Buffyverse. That or maybe an animated show, but sadly I doubt it. :(

16. chasesummers

chasesummers Cordy Lives

Reboot? no thank you.
    It might happen in 10 years but I can't see a reboot coming soon, it just doesn't make sense, Buffy isn't so ''old''. I believe they can get together for a movie like I explained but it's up to them. I'm also very happy with the ending result of Buffy. Sarah and the rest of the cast played perfectly well, their characters remained real throughout and fantastic acting, no reboot can ever compete, no reboot is needed.

I wouldn't support that idea.

17. LindsayH

LindsayH Townie

I think fans can overlook the aging thing easier than other people might think. We get that aging isn't something that can be helped, we just want to see the original characters play their roles.

18. iShower4free

iShower4free Scooby

Exactly :D and really, I think if the writers won't let Angel ad Buffy be together than Faith is the perfect girl for Angel. Them actually having a relationship though could damage the chemistry they have already built up.

19. The Scourge

The Scourge Scooby

I'd rather have had a spin-off taking place after Not Fade Away starring Wesley, Illyria, and Faith. (Spike, Angel, and Gunn having died in that alley)

That would have been awesome.

omnimercurial likes this.
  20. brooke2707

brooke2707 Townie

I think some things are best left as they are. I wouldnt like to see another actress playing buffy it just wouldnt be right. And fromm what i have seen of the storylines in buffy season 8, i think it would be out of budget by miles!!! The main thing i think i would hate to see is.. dawn turning into a giant. Comics can do crazier things than a tv show cause its a comic. But imagine if dawn would have actually done this in the tv show??