1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your favourite season one episode?

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by mudslides, Jul 6, 2013.

1. mudslides

mudslides Guest

What is your favourite, for whatever reason, episode of season one? Mine is, and always has been the witch mainly because I have always been obsessed with witches :p

CordysXander likes this.
  2. itssmiletime

itssmiletime Potential

Either The Witch, Prophecy Girl or The Puppet Show. All three are great and fantastic, but I think I prefer the puppet show. It's so hilarious.

CordysXander likes this.
  3. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    The Puppet Show is a good mystery and my favourite from Season 1, just ahead of prophecy Girl.

They only do one other mystery later (Earshot) and it is an excellent episode also.

CordysXander likes this.
  4. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Actually, my favorite was the two part premier, if that isn't considered cheating. I've always regretted, however, that there couldn't have been a much better confrontation between Buffy and Luke. Decapitating him with a cymbal was just downright cheating in my opinion.

ibuffybot likes this.
  5. Lyri

Lyri Buckle Up Tight

Sineya
    Probably either 'Prophecy Girl' or 'Out of Mind, Out of Sight'. I love anything to do with Cordy being involved in the slaying side of Buffy's life and I loved getting a little insight into the real Cordy.

6. Amanda108

Amanda108 Potential

I love The Witch too, but I think my favorite must be The Pack. The scene where Willow is at the library and the hyena teens converge is genuinely creepy! It was also one of the first dark stories the show would tell.

7. DNelly

DNelly Browncoat

For me it was Prophecy Girl. I love watching this episode! I cant get enough of Buffy in that white dress and the crossbow!!

ibuffybot likes this.
  8. bentjazz

bentjazz Townie

Without doubt....

Without doubt, my favorite episode of Season 1 was Out of Mind, Out of Sight.....

ibuffybot likes this.
  9. ExLibris

ExLibris Townie

Sineya
    I think my favourite is Prophecy Girl. It is a beautiful episode and i love the scenes when Buffy realises she is going to die. Breaks my heart every time. Also, it's the first Buffy episode I remember seeing (since I've only recently watched the show, but I saw a few episodes many years ago, and what I remembered of it was that Buffy wore a white dress and there was a monster thing in the library...) I also really like The Puppet Show, though it's the only episode that scared me (I hate living, evil puppets/toys... :p ) but with how the episode goes, I've started to really like it :)

10. JCoatsworth

JCoatsworth UP THE IRONS!

Black Thorn
    The Puppet Show! I think it's one of the best and funniest episodes of the whole show!
    It has lots of great Snyder lines and the scene during the credits is so hilarious!

11. Cali1079

Cali1079 Townie

I loved The Witch. Amy is one of my favorite characters:biggrin3:

HyperionWitch likes this.
  12. ILLYRIAN

ILLYRIAN Druish Pervonian Wizard

Black Thorn
    I'd have to say it was the first part of episode 1, because it gave a clear insight of what was to follow.
    As far as I remember (and it has been a long time since I saw the first episode) the start was a girl waking up.
    It was said about her making a good impression at the new school.
    The school was shown and those who would be her friends and in the library she asked for some books and was offered the book The Vampyr.
    So you knew right from the beginning what the show was about.
    What followed were many adventures that led them to a fight with evil, the First.
    For the first episode the title would only act as a marketting tool to introduce the series, to get people to watch the show.
    A lot of TV shows (and books for that matter) create the setting, tell the histories of other people or the area. Some leave it until much later to give the reason for the show. One of the worst (as far as I am concerned) was that TV show Lost, which episode was the reason for the plane crash and what the show was really about disclosed?

13. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I think for me it would be Nightmares. But I think overall s1 was very strong for standalone episodes, I thoroughly enjoyed most of the season. My second choice would be the puppet show.

Mr Trick likes this.
  14. Joan the Vampire Slayer

Joan the Vampire Slayer Carpe Spuffy!

Prophecy Girl, hands down...however, I do have a special place in my heart for The Pack, too.

15. Carina

Carina Slayer

I think Prophecy Girl is by far the best episode of the first season (although they're all really good). I think Nightmares is really good as well! Kinda cool to see what Buffy would have looked like as a vampire. :)

16. AndrewCrossett

AndrewCrossett Satsu Otaku

Sineya
    I liked Welcome to the Hellmouth, Witch, and Prophecy Girl, but I think The Puppet Show was my favorite episode of the season. I even wrote a fanfic that spun off it.

17. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    What's wrong with you people? No one said Angel?

bentjazz: David Boreanaz sucks as Angel, therefore Angel sucks and so does the first season episode....
    Jules and Wesley Pryce like this.
  18. janas

janas Bangel in the soul

Angel :)
    my favorite episode

19. Tome

Tome Berktwad

Black Thorn
    I'm torn between The Pack and The Puppet Show, for different reasons. On one hand, The Pack was really the first creepy episode of the show (I still cringe during the scene where Flutie is eaten). It was also kind of dark with the harshness shown in some of the scenes: the dodgeball one and the one where Xander is an asshole to Willow. I mean, overall, the first season was cheesy and funny, that episode just kind of stood out to me back then... it still does today. And YES, I like my Buffy dark sometimes! Oh and it was an episode centered on Xander for once.

On the other hand, The Puppet Show (despite most people usually saying it was stupid) had me laughing almost the whole way through. It has some of my favorite lines in the show and the first time around I was actually puzzled about who actually was the demon. Also, I'm a fan of Sid. :) Too bad he couldn't stay, haha!

Anyhow, if I have to pick, I'll go with The Puppet Show, simply because usually when I watch Buffy, I want to laugh. ;)

20. slayer6

slayer6 Potential

wait Luke was the one she tricked into thinking it was dawn then she stakes him. The cymbal I believe was just a normal vamp attacking someone I don't remember who :D

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

My favorites are the pack and Angel. I really like the pack because it was the first creepy one. When they eat the principal it definitely gives me the wiggins ha. And you have to love Angel I mean it was obvious the guy was going to turn out to be a vampire but the whole build up to it was fun. Buffy being unsure how to handle the whole thing because she was falling for him put a nice twist on the show that really grabs the viewers attention.

white avenger: Right. Wrong vampire. But there STILL should have been a better fight between what were essentially the two strongest fighters in the story.