• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

#1 Buffy Summers (BTVS) v. #2 Wesley (ATS)

Who do you like better?

• Buffy Summers (BTVS)

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Wesley (ATS)

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Pretty close what with Wesley going up against Buffy & all .

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I could never get over the complete disconnect between the bumbling buffoon we saw in BtVS and the badass we saw on Ats. They really needed some sort of backstory to explain the zero-to-hero transformation because I just couldn't correlate the Wesley I had seen before with the character he became.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I could never get over the complete disconnect between the bumbling buffoon we saw in BtVS and the badass we saw on Ats. They really needed some sort of backstory to explain the zero-to-hero transformation because I just couldn't correlate the Wesley I had seen before with the character he became.

Fair point, but then they did bring bridge that gap by introducing Wesley to Angel as that character and they having him grow from there.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We first see Wesley on a motorcycle chasing down a demon and the demon is plenty scared of him. He gets introduced in the story as the thing demons have nightmares about, sort of the way Buffy once described herself. I think most of his growth has happened between BtVS and Ats and we never see it.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
We first see Wesley on a motorcycle chasing down a demon and the demon is plenty scared of him. He gets introduced in the story as the thing demons have nightmares about, sort of the way Buffy once described herself. I think most of his growth has happened between BtVS and Ats and we never see it.

That's a really good point. They did kind of make him a buffoon again for a while after that, but certainly that inbetween would be great to see what it looked like!

Mr Trick

Scooby

Yeah, but that's played as a joke, and the joke is that Wes is acting hard, but is really still a wimp. We get a few episodes of him as that character, and then he slowly grows into something darker and more well rounded. I think his growth works really well.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Yes but some back story about what happened between would have been nice too.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Well done Buffster, commiserations Wesley.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I think Wesley's transformation are too extreme. It doesn't feel natural or believable to me.
But I almost thought that he would win this round since so many seems to love his story. Even if it was against Buffy.

Glad he didn't though... :)

/SK

SpikeRules

Still kicking it with Buffy
Sineya
Looks like I just missed voting in this poll. Glad to see my girl is still #1

Top Bottom