• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

#12 Book (FLY) v. #13 Doyle (ATS)

Who do you like better?

• Book (FLY)

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Doyle (ATS)

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
This one is difficult! I like them both equally.
Agreed!
Went with Book in the end. Not a hundred percent sure why, another gut feeling I guess. Or maybe his awesome hair...

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
There was so much hidden beneath the surface of Book that you never saw but always wanted to know more. Whereas Doyle was a (pardon the pun) open book. Book had an air of mystery and intrigue about him.

Rogueslayer
Rogueslayer
I still want to know what was up with that allaince hospital patching him up right quick then handing him back like nothing happened.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
You & me both.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
That the reason I voting for Book myself :D

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I went with Book, because I thought he was the more interesting character. His past was ambiguous. I liked Doyle, but I felt we never really got to know him....

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Alternatively, you got to know him but there just wasnt that much to know.
Maybe. Book seemed more layered. Doyle never did, but maybe had he stuck around we might have found that out.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Maybe. There just never seemed to be that much to Doyle. I mean they did introduce a lot of him- his gambling, marriage, infatuation with Cordy, his self-loathing, so they were trying to add depth to the character it just didnt seem to work. I don't think it would have made much of a difference if he hung around.

ChaseRules

Sineya
They just seemed to throw things at us . But if they had keep him then Cordelia might have not changed so much .

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Book all the way. Doyle seemed to be a one-dimensional character who was oversold. Book we saw enough of to know he had a lot more going on in his past that we would be interested in.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Maybe. There just never seemed to be that much to Doyle. I mean they did introduce a lot of him- his gambling, marriage, infatuation with Cordy, his self-loathing, so they were trying to add depth to the character it just didnt seem to work. I don't think it would have made much of a difference if he hung around.

Not sure, because to me the character had a slow start, and it was really only the last few episodes of his run that I started to get into him. I would have liked to have seen what kind of couple he and Cordy made. Was never sold on them until the end, which I guess was part of the point right?;)

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
But it was like they were setting it up since they knew they were getting rid of him.

Jules

Bite Me
Black Thorn
There both good but I was so intrigued at Books character that I went with him.

Mr Trick

Scooby
@ChaseRules That's one theory yes, but that has never been confirmed. I do buy the story that his drug issues got in the way and that it forced their hands, so they came up with the best way they could to write Doyle out. A bit like what happened with Cordy except in this case I am more on the writers side than with the Cordy example.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I agree. Wonder if they would have done that storyline of him passing on his talent if his drug habits hadn't cause that. And don't get me started on what they did to Cordy.

Top Bottom