• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

20 "Buffy" Questions

IndianaSolo221

Potential
Just a fun little game of 20 Buffy Questions:

1. How did you get into BtVS?

2. Which season is your favorite?

3. Which season is your least favorite?

4. Which is your favorite episode?

5. Which is your least favorite episode?

6. Who is your favorite character?

7. Who is your least favorite character?

8. Who is your favorite villain?

9. Who do you think is the most overrated character?

10. Who do you think is the most underrated character?

11. Who is your favorite supporting character?

12. Which ship is your favorite?

13. Which ship is your least favorite?

14. Which is your favorite friendship?

15. What is your favorite moment in the entire series?

16. Who had the most tragic death?

17. Do you have a favorite fight scene?

18. Who do you believe has the best character arc?

19. If you had to pick any character to be permanently killed off, who would you pick?

20. And finally, who is Buffy Summers' one true love?

If everyone's up for it, I may make another thread for AtS Questions!

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
Great thread! I will answer these when I finally finish the series :D
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
What a stunning banner!

fauxindigo

Scooby
heard the hype in '99 during late season 3, started watching that fall when season 4 started, never looked back
season 4 has special place in my heart.. I love all the seasons though. I mostly dislike the S2 monster of the weeks though.
Hard to say bc the lows of S2 bring it down a lot for me but the highs of that season are so high. Also, Seasons 1& 7 could be improved.
Absolute fave?! Would have to be Once More with Feeling
Some Assembly Required... even though there are some funny lines
Cordelia: Darn, I have cheerleader practice tonight. Boy, I wish I knew we were gonna be digging up dead people sooner. I would've canceled."
Spike
Warren
Glory
Wesley
Dawn
Willow
Spuffy
Willow & Oz
Buffy & Willow
Too hard to pick. Probably the very end of Chosen, the last shot of Buffy smiling.
Tara
Willow vs. Glory in Tough Love
Willow
19. If you had to pick any character to be permanently killed off, who would you pick?
Parker
Dawn

thrasherpix

Scooby

People kept pushing it on me. I figured I'd see a few eps just to say I saw it and I think I needed another dvd to get the special at the video store anyway, so I grabbed it. Turns out it was what I needed at the time, though no matter what, I just love the dialog of that show, and some of the surreal conversations sounding so serious and deadpan.

I always start with season 1 on rewatches because it has such a strong start and is such campy fun, but it's something of a tie between seasons 2 (after the slow start) and 3.

Season 7. It's obvious to me that everyone (or close enough) involved in the show then was exhausted with it and just wanted it to be done. (And countless scenes with just even a second thought could've been improved, like instead of "drowning Spike in a bucket" they put a leak in that bucket that drips holy water on him, and there are so many other scenes I'd instantly rewrite if I could that would take almost no time whatsoever. And then there are the much longer revisions...revisions in which Spuffy is still a possibility and a ship I could be much more sympathetic to.)

It's ironic that as much as I dislike s7, Conversations with Dead People comes close to being a favorite...had they managed to score the characters of Jesse and Tara rather than what we got I think it would stand the chance of being one of the best eps in the entire series for me (though it wouldn't change my mind about s7 overall)...OTOH, I wouldn't want the scene of Dawn dancing in the kitchen cut, that was both cute and a perfect way to spring unexpected horror.

As it is, I'm gonna have to go with The Wish for showcasing what a difference Buffy and the rest make, that really feel good end after such grimdark (and love Giles remark of "because it has to be" before destroying that reality, at least Anyanka's connection to it and thus their own), and the sequel episode later. But Prophecy Girl is real close for me.

I'm gonna count all s7 eps as counted for disliked season (though I don't think they're all bad, especially in the first half) and thus not count them.

Therefore, I'd have to say that Dead Man's Party and Doomed are episodes I'm highly tempted to skip. It used to be Buffy vs Dracula for reasons I'd rather not go into (though I'd have stated this one outright in previous years), but I've softened on that one (still not a fan despite a few cool or funny moments).

Favorite character...that's a tough one as it's how they all play on each other. Any one by themselves just wouldn't be as good (and then there's some really character violating moments in later seasons to serve the plot that really muddy it).

So I'll instead translate the question is "who do you identify with most closely" rather that "who is my favorite." That would be Jenny, but she's not my actual favorite (and I'm fine, meta-story wise, with her death, I'd have just preferred Jenny to Olivia in Gile's dream in Restless).

Least favorite...can't say Snyder as I just loved to hate him so much (and pretty similar for Flutie as well). I guess offhand it's a tie between Parker Abrams and Cameron Walker for very similar (but not identical) reasons. Glad a high school Buffy was better able to handle a guy like that from the start.

The Mayor...though for personal reasons the Angelus arc really stands out and is what pulled me all the way in to become somewhat obsessed with the show at the time.

Oz.

Don't get me wrong, I love him, but see him as overrated by many. But I think if he stuck around and explored his Wolf side rather than trying to fully suppress it (and letting the Veruca arc go on for longer with long term consequences for the character) that he could've become my favorite, and be the one with my favorite arc.

Though I don't much care for older seasons, I'd say that was Dawn, including by the writers themselves.

Tie between Xander and Willow. But IMO, it was Giles rather than Xander who had the best speeches in support and affection for Buffy.

Personally, I think ships are to be endured. If I were the target audience (admittedly a small audience) then they'd be in the background at most, and certainly able to keep it together (and in the pants) when the world is on the verge of ending. And even just some plain priorities.

But I did like Giles/Jenny (but I was also moved that after Joyce's death that Giles played the song in secret that he and Joyce had listened to while under Ethan's spell). And I'm very fond of thinking about a Gunn/Anne ship (and them having a daughter named Buffy). Not that I seek out any shipper fics.

I'm gonna go with that ridiculous Xander/Willow cheating arc (again where plot trumps character), though many of the other ships start off just as eye roll worthy and hard to endure for me. It's that in addition to it feeling like plot warping character, there were too many betrayals involved, and then quickly discarded when no longer useful to the plot.

Xander and Willow.

To avoid having to choose a series final episode, I'll say where Buffy puts the Council in their place in season 5 (plus the fight scene against the Knights just before that). That speech is everything great about Buffy. (It's also just one of the reasons I reject the idea that Buffy needs to "grow up" in season 6 shoved down our throats, which many believe, but I can't accept because of scenes like this, among others, in earlier seasons, among other factors just best not to bring up on why it was just another "adult" concept season 6 handled poorly.)

Jenny. She died in terror (and I think guilt, the only reason why she wouldn't have the cross she had the first time she faced Angelus in the school) while looking forward to the future.

In contrast, Joyce and Tara died almost instant deaths (I hope mine is as easy) and probably wouldn't have liked the future had they survived.

Offhand, the battle in the RV against the Knights of Byzantium. All of the characters.

Despite the shaky writing, and how often plot trumps character, I'd say Xander had the best arc overall. I'm almost tempted to say Faith, but too many reasons keep me from doing so despite my gut.

That said, I mentioned that while Oz was the most overrated character, I think he had the potential to have had the greatest character arc out of all of them.

Assuming major character...either Xander in another act of saving others (basically similar in tone between his staring down that undead with a bomb under the school and also Buffy leaping to her death in s5, not just getting his neck snapped by Caleb), or Willow at the end of s7 when the spell overwhelms her (but it works, and cheesy shot of Willow and Tara reunited perfectly allowed in this case, and when Xander mentions Willow with grief, Buffy's smile is instead that she knows Willow is happy, her story complete). In either case it should mark the end of the series.

I've also thought of Dawn being the one to close the Hellmouth using her Key powers (as opposed to the McGuffins practically handed to Buffy), the tragic ending that followed being the others talking about that miracle green light and wondering what it was, and Buffy saying she doesn't know, but felt as if she knew it somehow, maybe a forgotten dream or Slayer vision, Buffy trailing off. I know it's tragic (but note that it's also the end of the series for me), but then lots of people supposedly love grimdark realism and tragedy anyway, and this would be just one of that which I'd actually appreciate...not seeing Dawn die (in fact, she can have a cheesy moment of her "afterlife" as well) but the sacrifice and stakes involved (and truly "back to the beginning" before the "Dawnverse"). And it's in the spirit of the question, if none of them had to die then I wouldn't kill her off.

I don't believe in OTPs/one true loves.

AND I'd like it if Buffy found someone new rather than any of her old boyfriends (or even anyone she knew). Different writers and producers had their own ideas, but since they disagree (sometimes even with themselves depending on the day), I'll ignore them (which is meta anyway).

That said, I do like the answer above of it being Dawn...I might even choose that one myself save many can't tell true love from romance (and therefore grossly misunderstand me), and also I can't help but remain suspicious of how much the monk's magic is still affecting Buffy's mind and emotions since the false memories are still there.

Last edited:

When I was 8 years old I was hanging out with a friend of mine and her big sister was a big fan of the show. We watched the show together with her sister. I remember she was so mean whenever we started talking about something. The episode we watched together was Grave. After that I convinced my mom to watch season 7 when it was on tv with me. When I was 15 my brother and I decided to get the DVDs and we watched it from the beginning.

Its hard to decide for me between season 5 and season 3. But I would say season 5. it has some bad episodes (Into the woods), but I think the main arc is perfectly done and it has some of the best episodes and some really emotional moments. I would also say the acting during that season is the best.

Season 1: After several rewatches i started to appreciate it more and more, but i would still say its my least favorite. It has some good moments, but just too many one offs that aren't really great. The main story is ok, but just too many bad Motw episodes.

Once more with feeling: I actually listened to the songs before i even watched this episode and loved them so much.

Its hard, since that changed from time to time. Maybe As you were or Dead mans Party. Probably As you were, since its just awful and IMO made mo sense. The Spuffy "break up" scene is good though.

Buffy.

Main character: Riley (at least in season 5)
Supporting Character: Kennedy
Of course there are characters I love to hate, but I'm not including them

Angelus

Oz. I like him a lot, but don't understand why he is so loved. He is a little too perfect. I like characters with flaws.

Thats hard, since everyone gets a little love from the fandom. So I don't really know.

Harmony and Clem. They are both just so funny and I just love them.

Tillow

Kennedy and Willow

Buffy and Willow

Buffy and Angelus fight scene in Becoming. when she say "me" after Angelus asked her "whats left" I get goosebumps everytime.

Jenny. Taras death affected me personally more, but Jennys was the most tragic.

Angelus and Buffy in Becoming, but I also like Faith and Buffy in Graduation day eventhough you can see the stunt double sometimes.

Cant decide between Buffy and Willow. Buffys character arc maybe at first seems like a basic hero character arc, but it's just so great to watch her grow up during the season. She has been through so much and it's amazing to see her becoming an adult. its actually a really complex character arc. Willows is good as well. Her character changed so much over the years and it's really well done.

Giles after season 5/6. Season 7 ruined his character for me a little bit. I understand that ASH wanted to spend more time with his family, but maybe killing him off would actually be better. It seemed out of character when he left in season 6 and then in season 7 he was just awful. He was one of my favorites during the earlier seasons.

Her Friends and Dawn of course. I'm glad she didn't end up with one of her love interest.

Last edited:

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
When I was eight years old and the show was first airing in '97, my twelve-year-old big sister dragged me to the TV. She didn't want to watch what was being referred to as a 'scary' show by herself and none of her friends, at the time, was interested in watching it.

S5.

S4.

The Zeppo.

The Prom.

Xander.

Riley.

Glory, followed closely by Angelus and the Mayor.

Willow.

Either Dawn or Xander.

I really wish we'd seen more of Larry from the high school years. It would have made his coming out in Phases mean more than just a silly gimmick, too.

Xander/Cordelia.

Buffy/Riley, followed closely by Willow/Kennedy.

Buffy, Willow, and Xander.

There's no way I could pick just one, but I love the many speeches we get throughout the show and the many iconic dialogue-free shots, like Buffy in Anne, to name one.

Tara. It was tragic both from an in-canon perspective (I still think she was the payment for bringing Buffy back) and from a writer's perspective (the only reason she got back together with Willow was that they were killing her off) - it reeks of the same BS as in
Angel S5 when Wes and Fred got together only for her to die the next episode.

Any time Buffy and Faith are fighting is usually great. I'm also partial to Buffy and Glory fighting in The Gift.

Spike.

Kennedy, for sure. It would have to be on screen, too, and really graphic. @DeadlyDuo has got some great ideas :p

Dawn.

Priceless

Scooby

I watched it when it started on BBC2 in the UK, perhaps a year after it aired in the US. Was hooked with episode 3, Witch and never looked back.

Season 6. I love the downbeat drama of it all and how life can really do a number on us sometimes. (Plus the Spuffy) Season 7 close second.

I guess it'd have to be Season 1 because it's too short and more Buffy is good Buffy in my book.

So many . . . but I'll got for Entropy. I love to see everyone breakdown and fall apart. It's an edge of the seat, hold your breath episode.

Every episode has something to recommend it, but I've never liked Beer Bad, too wish-fullfillmenty and silly.

6. Who is your favourite character?

Buffy of course, she's the shero.

7. Who is your least favourite character?

Riley does what he's meant to do but is pretty annoying doing it.

8. Who is your favourite villain?

The Mayor is a lot of fun and I love his relationship with Faith.

Angel. He's too much of a classic character for a show that's meant to be different. He's too cryptic and unhelpful and Buffy falls for him far too easily. He's much better in his own show and I much prefer Angelus in BtVS

Every character has their fan club, so this is a tough one . . . Joyce maybe. She gets a lot of criticism for being a 'bad mum', but she fulfills her role perfectly and has so much character growth and is so important to Buffy and many of the other characters.

11. Who is your favourite supporting character?

I love Harmony, she's damn near a perfect character and a great performance by McNab

12. Which ship is your favourite?

Spuffy always and forever

13. Which ship is your least favourite?

Xander/Cordelia - at the point they are together, he's just not good enough for her. But honestly I cannot see Cordy with anyone but Angel at this point.

14. What is your favourite friendship?

Buffy and Willow

15. What is your favourite moment in the entire series?

Crikey . . . The moment that on original watch made me punch the air and whoop with joy was in Out Of My Mind, when Spike awakes, knowing without doubt that he loves Buffy. Such a fantastic moment for a Spuffy fan.

Jenny. She was trying to do the right thing and find redemption, but the monster got to her before she could. It was a memorable death though, but tragic for everyone concerned.

17. Do you have a favourite fight scene?

Buffy and Faith in Graduation Day Pt 1 was great, but also love Buffy and Spike in Harsh Light Of Day when we see them both in the light.

18. Who do you believe had the best character arc?

Spike . . . just the best in the whole of television for me. Never seen a character move forward in the way Spike does in such an organic and entertaining way.

19. If you had to pick a character to be permanently killed off, who would you pick?

I think Giles at the end of Season 7 would have been fitting for the story, though I'm glad they didn't kill him off.

Spike of course! 😃

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
My sister and I were obsessed with the scooby doo movies and basically wanted to watch Sarah :)

Season 3 because The Mayor and Faith are my favourite big bads and I think all the individual episodes are above average.

Season 6 because I find a lot of the writing really frustrating and especially because it tries to be deep but very shallow writing. All the Way is probably the worst episode of the show- and I love Dawn.

This Year's Girl/Who Are You

I don't have one off the top of my head.

Faith

Probably Warren.

The Mayor

Spike because he is very popular.

Definitely Dawn but I can see why people don't like her.

Xander out of the the main characters.

Buffy and Angel, out of the canon ships.

Buffy and Spike because I love Buffy and I think the ship pulls her down.

Buffy and Xander or Willow and Xander

"Because it's wrong" in the church scene from Who are You.

Joyce because she left behind Buffy and Dawn.

Buffy vs Faith in Graduation Day

Definitely Faith, I love character arcs so she wouldn't be my favourite if I didn't think hers was the best.

Amy

Angel

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Switched channels on TV, and decided to give it a chance knowing it was popular, it was the end of S6.

S3, overall great episodes with great characters moments without being dark like S2 (Lover's Walk, The Zeppo, Earshot, Consequences, Anne, Doppelgangland, The Wish, Amends, Helpless, Band Candy...). Good characters (Mr Trick, Faith, Jonathan, Quentin Travers, Wesley....)

S1, not a lot of episodes & too much of MOTW episodes.

The Gift

Go Fish because it is placed between 2 great episodes. Teacher's Pet, I Robot You Jane, Wild The Wild Things Are sucks too.

Buffy (& Spike is a close second)

Adam

Angelus

Cordelia

Dawn

Tara

Spuffy (& Tillow)

Harmony & Spike

Willow & Xander

Buffy's second death scene & the reaction of everyone of it in The Gift.

Jenny Calendar

Buffy VS Spike in Smashed, Anya VS Buffy in Selfless, Buffy VS Faith in Graduation Day P1, I think.

Willow

Kennedy

Don't know lol, maybe Faith after S7 😉.

Faded90

Scooby
I went to my friends house while they were watching Becoming when it first aired (in the UK anyway) . I think I ruined the experience for them by constantly asking ‘wait so he used to be good?!?!’. I watched nearly 2 hours of Angel being a complete dick and I still sobbed my heart out when Buffy had to kill him. I was hooked

Season 3, it’s my big comfy blanket of tv. It perfectly balanced humour, drama/Angst and a bit of darkness without being maudlin. It also did ‘Buffy is depressed’ far better than S6 did

7 just leaves me cold

hard to choose as it changes all the time. I think probably Graduation Day

Empty Places can get in the bin

Buffy

Hard to choose between Kennedy or Robin. Going to go for Robin as my main thought is always ‘why are you here?’ Whereas I actually understand why Kennedy is there 😂

Either Glory or The Mayor. I’ll go for Glory

Cordelia, I preface this by saying I LOVE BTVS Cordy and Angel S1-2 Cordy. I can’t bare the smug earth Mother Mum of the Year ‘too saintly for this world’ Cordy of S3 though. I feel like I’m constantly told in every episode ‘you’re an exceptional woman!’ . I understand she’s changed and developed but my issue is I think she’s changed and developed into a preachy bore

Hard to say as they’ve all got little pockets of fans. I’ll choose a random one and say Molly was so sweet and I like how she was the only one who didn’t blame Buffy for everything. So naturally she had to die

Faith

Buffy/Faith

Cangel. Mostly because it takes Cordy from being a sparky fun character but with layers into Angel’s cheerleader and who apparently cares about everyone and no one at the same time. She apparently has no compassion for anyone but Angel anymore. This is NOT the Cordy I’ve been watching. Plus Dork!Angel gets a bit much

Can I say Buffy/Giles, does that count?

Graduation Day - NOW! Goosebumps, every time

Jenny or Joyce

Buffy/Faith, pretty much ANY of them but I’ll spring for GD

I feel like I’m picking Buffy for all of them so I’ll go for another one I think is underrated in Jonathan. From bullied young boy whose extremely bitter about life and blaming everyone to CWDP who when it’s pointed out people still don’t care about him ‘well I still care about them’. A realisation that that’s finally enough for him and he’s made peace with his pain

Spike in late S6. Sorry guys! I actually do like Spike a lot of the time but I have to admit I resent how much focus his character gets in S7, particularly when he takes up so much of Buffy’s story AGAIN. And Buffy has to be miserable AGAIN. No coincidence for me that Buffy’s at her happiest early S7 when she’s back in the bosom of her friends and gets preogressively more miserable the more Spuffy takes over her story (can I say AGAIN again?)

Going to cheat and say Dawn but putting my shipper hat on I’m going to say Faith could be post show 😉

oops sorry guys I realised when I wrote this it was just supposed to be about BTVS and I’ve included Angel answers!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I read about the show in a TV Guide article just before it starting airing in Australia and I was immediately interested but it took me a while to see my first episode. I remember reading some of the non-canon books and an unofficial guide to Seasons 1 and 2 before seeing my first episode (Becoming) and then I watched the series out of order over several years.

Honestly not sure at the moment, but it usually changes between Seasons 2 and 5. I have a real soft spot for Season 1 as well.

Season 6 or 7. It switches between the two.

The Gift

I have several, but I particularly dislike Beauty and The Beasts, Lies My Parents Told Me, Listening To Fear, Into The Woods, and Dead Things.

Xander Harris (I would say Angel but he's more my fave on his own show).

Andrew,

Glory.

Spike.

Xander.

Faith.

Bangel, obvs.

Spuffy.

Buffy/Xander/Willow.

It has to be a toss up between Buffy getting the Class Protector Award, "Say goodnight bitch." "Good night, Bitch." and "Take all that away and what's left?" "Me."

Tara.

Love the Buffy/Angelus sword fight in Becoming and the Buffy/Faith fight in Graduation Day.

Buffy until the end of Season 5 and Xander overall.

Spike.

Angel.

T
thrasherpix
I'd have said "Class Protector Award" if I'd thought of it!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Watcher
Black Thorn
Through the movie, baby! Who doesn't want those outfits and to marry Christian Slater then die?

1 probably. It is certainly the one I re-watch the most.

7, I don't find much joy in it. But perhaps if I took the time to re-watch I'd change my mind.

Not sure. Too many to pick from, Welcome to the Hellmouth, the What's my line's, Tabula Rasa, Passion,... I can go on.

Dead Things

Buffy

Andrew

Angelus

Andrew

Joyce or Xander

Giles

Bangel

Willow/Kennedy

Buffy, Willow, Xander

Buffy catching Angelus' sword and going "Me", then getting up to kick ass.

Jenny maybe

Buffy and Faith whenever they fight

Probably Buffy

Warren. Granted he only comes back in the comics, but still.

Humanity, she died for us. Twice. And if she had to she'd probably do it again.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Back in high school by accident, accidental stumbling upon in on Netflix (which was wired through a VPN as my country didn't actually have Netflix at the time).

Season 3, a lit of the episodes there are good and can be watched as a standalone.

Season 1, but I'll give it some slack since they were still trying to find their footing.

Band Candy, some of the best lines in the show come from there.

Inca Mummy Girl, no one asked for it.

Spike, just a joy to watch without a soul.

Warren, he's trash.

8. Who is your favorite villan?
Glory/Ben, she managed to pull it off and everyone else was clueless.

She used to date guys but she is "gay now", yes her transformation was nice to see but she changed for the worse and mind raped her girlfriend.

Xander, he can be a jerk, but some of the hate towards is unjustified.

Faith, shame she only made 20 appearances on Buffy.

Fuffy, way more chemistry than the two witches.

Spuffy, make me yak...

Spuffy in season 7, they work much better as friends.

Hard to pick, maybe Spike's entrance.

Tara, she deserved better.

Buffy and Faith in graduation, you can just taste the sexual tension.

Faith, she did a complete 180 and that's really admirable.

Same answer as #9.

Not Spike.

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......
When I was around 8 or 9, my dad took me to the theater to see the movie and I remember liking it. So when I saw the advertisements for it years later I was all in to watch it. I was hooked from the start.

Season 3.

Definitely Season 7. I dislike the route they took with some characters and storylines. The whole season feels rushed and you can tell the cast are worn out at that point, and just waiting for it to be over.

This is a really tough question. I have like 5 episodes that I consider my favs of the series, to pick a single episode out of those five kind of depends on my mood at the time. For the sake of answering this question, I would pick Restless at this particular moment.

Dead Man's Party. I absolutely hate the way they treat Buffy in that episode.

Buffy. I see the entire series through her eyes pretty much.

Dawn

Angelus, Glory, or The Mayor. They were all pretty great.

Spike in the later seasons.

Halfrek maybe? I really liked her, and I think there was a lot of potential for her character.

Anya

This is pretty obvious I think, (at least it should be) I'm forever Basking in Bangel.

Spuffy, but it's not my least favorite in the verse.

Tara with everyone, she is a sweetheart and a great friend.

Too many to pick just one.

Jenny Calendar

There are so many that I like but probably the whole fight scene in Anne. The music is great, and the pause for a few humorous moments and puns just nails it for me.

In the entire verse Wesley, but since most of his character development happens on Angel, I'll go with Buffy.

Andrew.

Not sure if there is a such thing as "one true love" but romantically, Angel. Outside of that, Dawn.

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
Watched it first time it aired in the UK! Loved it!

2. Which season is your favorite? 2 of BTVS, 1 and 2 of ATS

3. Which season is your least favorite? BTVS 6

4. Which is your favorite episode? ‘Passion’

5. Which is your least favorite episode? ‘Smashed’ probably

6. Who is your favorite character? Angel

7. Who is your least favorite character? Maybe Andrew.

8. Who is your favorite villain? Angelus

9. Who do you think is the most overrated character? Spike (I love spike though)

10. Who do you think is the most underrated character? Angel

11. Who is your favorite supporting character? Giles

12. Which ship is your favorite? BAngel

13. Which ship is your least favorite? Spuffy

14. Which is your favorite friendship? Xander and Willow, Buffy and Giles

15. What is your favorite moment in the entire series? It’s from Angel but ‘if nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do’.

16. Who had the most tragic death? Buffy.

17. Do you have a favorite fight scene? Not really.

18. Who do you believe has the best character arc? Angel.

19. If you had to pick any character to be permanently killed off, who would you pick? I think the AtS finale is far more impactful if they all die, I also think the last 2 seasons of Buffy suck so I would have preferred it ended with S 5.

20. And finally, who is Buffy Summers' one true love? Angel, it’s not even a question

heckate

Townie
Dad showed it to me when I was 14, it was streaming on Netflix. My parents had watched it through a year or two before and he was doing a rewatch.

Three, but it's close.

Seven, definitely.

OMWF!

That's tough... I don't like "The Killer in Me" in Season 7. There's definitely others that I dislike more, they are just unmemorable so I can't think of them.

Willow

Xander?

Glory, probably.

Spike? I do like him, though.

Tara

What constitutes "supporting"? Tara, Anya, Cordelia... I love them all, don't make me choose.

Willow & Tara

Buffy & Riley... Wait, no! Willow & Kennedy. Final answer.

Buffy & Willow

Oh my god, what kind of question is that? There's so many great ones. "I am, you know. Yours." Springs to mind, cuz I just watched that one, but that's definitely not it. Ugh, I don't know. Come back to me.

Tara

I am SURE I do but I certainly can't think of it! There are so many great fights. Someone above said "Anne" and that is definitely a really great one.

Willow (her arc was a descent rather than a growth, and that makes exciting TV!)

Xander?

.......................................................Faith. I mean, I've got no preference Spike over Angel. TBH she would be most perfect with Tara.

BuffyNvrForgets

Slayerette
I was looking for a new show to watch, and the a woman I work for recommended it. I started the first episode expecting to cringe and laugh at all the 90s style and such (I’m a 2000s baby) but I never got the chance. I was hooked.
Ohhhhh thats hard. Seasons 1-3. (Sometimes it switches daily, but it’s always one of those.)

Season 7.
That’s also hard…I can never really choose…I guess it’s an odd choice, but perhaps Witch? I just always come back to that one for some reason…it’s my comfort episode.
The whole last half of season 7.

Buffy and Willow

Spike

Spike/Dru/Angelus trio. Or the nerd trio. I guess all the trios?

Spike.

Oz.

Anya was a ton of fun.

This isn’t quite Buffy, but Fred and Wesley. Aside from that, Buffy and Angel.
Spuffy, Willow and Kennedy.
Willow and Buffy.

That’s so HARD. Hmmm. most of prophecy girl is pretty iconic…the ending quote from “Liar” has always gotten to me though…
Joyce.

The sword fight between Buffy and Angelus.

Spike, actually. He has one of the best arcs. I think he’s a good character, just not with Buffy, for many many reasons.

Spike. Eventually he just becomes dead weight, guys.

One true love? Angel. Definitely. The person she will/should end up with? I don’t think she’s met them yet.

WillowsFaith

Potential
My Big Sister. She use to want to be Buffy. And when she babysat me as a kid we watch it together. I use to just like the fights and Sarah Michelle Gellar was super pretty🤷‍♀️😆
Season 3. It encapsulates everything great about the show and characters. Some of the best Episodes, and defining character moments.
Season 7. It was wasted and felt rushed. Not as exciting as previous seasons and questionable character moments. Like Giles and the scoobys in general were off.
Mainly the season finales. Or Willow centric episode are always the strongest.
The Xander clone episode was boring, only the construction fight made it watchable
Willow. Best girl, I’ll die on this hill if I have to. Literally has some of the best scenes and is made to be lovable in the early seasons. It’s almost impossible not love her then
The trio in S6. I understand thier purpose but I didn’t really vibe with them. Also Kennedy was unbelievably annoying
The Mayor. He gave an amazing performance and felt threatening but realistic compared to the vamps
Spike. And he is in my top 5, but fans do way to much to justify him. He does have the best dialogue in the series tho.
Kendra. She should get as much hype as Faith tbh.
Anya. Unless you count her as a main scooby. Then probably Clem
Faith and Buffy lol
Spuffy
Willow and Buffy
Buffy’s speeches. All of them
Joyce obviously
Xander vs harmony
Spike ironically
the trio
Angel

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
1) How did you get into BtVS?

I was there at the beginning! Late night on BBC2 I tuned in to see Welcome To The Hellmouth & The Harvest. When it moved onto Sky I had a friend tape (yes, tape!) them for me whilst I eagerly awaited the boxsets.

2) Which Season is your Favorite?

Season 3. Such a incredible high standard of memorable episodes packed with great character moments. I can hear a line of dialogue from the this season and probably name the episode and scene it appears in, its that good.
Not to mention it's got the perfect mix of comedy and darker toned episodes, hissable baddies plus the best plotting and pacing of the show.

3) Which Season is your least favorite?

Season 6 still. Whilst Season 7 irritates and frustrates me there are still a few characters to like and root for. Meanwhile Season 6 is trying to do dark and edgy but it comes across as a mix of boring and distasteful for almost everyone involved. Plus it drags on and on. Having it on DVD does wonders for it because watching it week to week was almost painful.

4) Which is your favorite episode?

A tough one. maybe This Year's Girl/Who Are You? or the Graduation Day 2-part finale.

5) Which is your least favorite episode?

Dead Things or Lies My Parents Told Me. The first had almost zero redeeming features apart from the acting, the second just pisses me off; it expects me to approve of Spike's villainous behavior.

6) Who is your favorite character?

Faith or Giles

7) Who is your least favorite character?

Anya. 60% of the time I find her irritating/unlikable to one degree or another; whether its S4, 6 or 7. She's...okay in S5.

8) Who is your favorite villain?

The Mayor. He's the most well realized in terms of character and motivation; he has strengths and weaknesses and a solid evil plan. Plus I love his scenes with both Mr. Trick & Faith.

9) Who do you think is the most overrated character?

Absolutely Spike. Sometimes it seems like many fans (and a couple of the writers) would've preferred 'The Spike show'.

10) Who do you think is the most underrated character?

There are so many who don't get enough love. Overall I would say Xander; its one thing if the fans underrate you, but the writers shouldn't ever.

11) Who is your favorite supporting character?

I like the one-shot baddies who pop up on occasion; Ethan Rayne or D'Hoffryn are fun examples.

12) Which is your favorite ship?

Fuffy. Yes it is.

13) Which is your least favorite ship?

Spuffy. Somehow combining harming both the characters involved with harming many of the decent relationships that existed long before hand (Buffy/Giles is a good example); since if those relationships where depicted properly then Spuffy wouldn't even be a thing.

14) Which is your favorite friendship?

Seasons 1-5) Buffy/Willow
Season 6) -
Season 7) Xander/Willow

15) What is your favorite moment of the entire series?

The Buffy-speech at the end of 'Checkpoint'. Buffy laying down the law to the Watcher's council. It's a great payoff from a previous season, not to mention a great Buffy-power speech that has her voicing her own worth as well as how much she values all her friends, but most impressively its the fact that she persuades the council to do things her way.
Buffy realizes their bs play that they've been attempted all episode, calls them on it and then says 'okay, so now lets work together'.
Not just an empowering moment, but a great message.

...Also Buffy's hair is really pretty in this scene.

16) Who had the most tragic death?

On BtVS it was definitely Jenny; she died terrified and her murder was weaponized against other people so the pain of her passing was that much greater. Plus Buffy blamed herself for it, making it even worse.

17) Do you have a favorite fight scene?

Every time Buffy and Faith fight. But principally the end of Graduation Day Pt. 1; its a really dynamic action sequence that has a great back and forth.

18) Who do you believe has the best character arc?

19) If you had to pick any character to be permanently killed off, who would you pick?

Spike at the end of Chosen. He didn't need to come back and his arc, such as it was, was done.
Oh, I like how he depicted in AtS 5 but everything ever after he's just completely unnecessary; he should've stayed dead.

20) And, finally, who is Buffy Summers' one true love?

I truly don't think Buffy knows yet, but she's met her already.

Faded90

Scooby
My friend was watching Becoming while I was at her house. I ruined the entire experience by asking every 5 minutes ‘so he used to be good?’. I watched nearly 2 hours of Angel being awful and still sobbed when he died

3. It’s my comforr blanket of TV plus all characters got an arc and felt significant and considering the cast was quite bloated this season this was no mean feat

Either Graduation Day - just genuine perfection but on another day I could say Bad Girls. I genuinely smile throughout the first half an hour it’s so much fun but there’s also a lot of depth there

Empty Places or Touched. They both can get in the bin

Cliche but Buffy

Either Robin Wood or Kennedy. Leaning slightly towards Robin because Kennedy at least had an end purpose and I understand what her character was about but both have a rather shocking lack of ability to self reflect. Robin should have just left in LMPTM, they clearly didn’t know what to do with him so he kind of just suddenly pops up in places for little reason

Angelus S2 was just perfection and so dark. Like writing ‘was it good for you too?’ in blood on the wall was majorly f***ed up. And I love it

Spike. I think the show suffers from having to force him into a show that there isn’t actually a place for him hence why Buffy is lumbered with him for two seasons. By Chosen he still doesn’t have a single significant relationship with anyone other than Buffy

Honestly Angel if that counts. I think he gets an insane amount of criticism for being melodramatic etc which he can be but honestly in S3 he and Buffy’s relationship I think is the most mature open, communicative relationship she has on the show. I don’t think he’s boring at all and I never understand why he’s seen as boring.

Tough one because there’s so many but I have a big soft spot for Halfrek

Buffy/Faith

I’d say Cangel if I can include AtS otherwise Spuffy. Also special mention to S3 Willow/Xander

Buffy/Willow

‘Take all that away and what’s left?’ ‘Me’

Joyce

Any single time Buffy/Faith fight. If one of them doesn’t throw the other through glass did they even fight? I love how they both wreck each other’s homes

Buffy - there’s a few I feel OOC moments in S7 but from beginning to end WTTH to her end position in Chosen I have to go with her

Spike in Harsh Light of Day. Would have saved me a whole lot of obnoxious ranting and I genuinely believe the show would have been better for it. Sorry guys!

Absolutely none of her canon relationships. Post canon I think her and Faith are in a great position for each other

thetopher
thetopher
'If one of them doesn't thrown the other through glass did they even fight.' lol so true, happens almost every time they fight and I never even noticed. :D
Top Bottom