• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

2011 Buffy-Boards Crossover FanFic Competition

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/BrittD379/buffy/fanficcomp.jpg

2011 Buffy-Boards Crossover FanFic Competition

Well folks, 2010 has gone and now we must make room for 2011. What better way to freshen up everyone's creative minds in a little competition. This time, something a little different. A fan-fic. Not just any fan-fic, mind you! It's a Whedonverse fan-fic. Not just reserved for BtVS and AtS, but included, you may also do Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, Firefly. You may chose any characters from the show. Be creative people! Try to not go for the obvious characters, like Buffy or Angel. Mix it up! What would happen if Clem and Alpha were to meet up? What kind of hi-jinx would they get themselves into? Would Alpha try to imprint Clem with other personalities? The power is in your hands! The rules for this competition are as follows:​

Official Rules
  • Crossover fic- All characters from all Whedonverse shows are allowed, but you must write a fic that includes characters from one show crossing over into another.
  • Rounds will last for 2 weeks each time.
  • All submissions must be submitted to msfantastico87 by midnight the day each rounds ends.
  • Each round, you must write a new story.
  • Process of elimination:after the first round, 4 members will advance to the next round. After the second round, 3 will remain, so on and so forth.
  • Each story, must be a minimum of 500 words
  • Remember, this is a family board, so no naughty writing! :p

First round of the competition will end on January 15th. It gives you guys a 2 week time-frame to write and send me your stories :) The members advancing to the second round will be announced on January 20th. Stories will be judged by HisMrs and Angels baby101. Winner of the Crossover FanFic will receiver 100 points for their dorm. Any questions, feel free to pm me with them, or to the other two prefects ;)

Happy writing, and good luck to you all! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
N
Nikita
Only 4 members? :O What if like 50 people enter?

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Uhhh... So we're NOT allowed to crossover other fandoms? I was hoping it would be other fandoms :( Oh well! I'll see if I can think of anything creative. Although I haven't written a story since I was about 11 so I'm sure it will be pretty crappy!

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
Uhhh... So we're NOT allowed to crossover other fandoms? I was hoping it would be other fandoms :( Oh well! I'll see if I can think of anything creative. Although I haven't written a story since I was about 11 so I'm sure it will be pretty crappy!
No, not this time around... This time we're going to do characters from one Whedonverse show crossing over into another (i.e. Mal crossing into BtVS or Echo crossing over into Firefly) but if this competition goes well you can bet we'll have more like it. :)

msfantastico87

Joann the Goblin Slayer
Good luck to everyone! VH shall triumph! :)
you should enter. It'd be interesting to see what kind of story you can come up with! And this goes for everyone, don't do it for the points, do it for the fun (although the points is a really good reason to do it :p)

Buffyheaven agrees: Only 4 members? :O What if like 50 people enter?
If 120 members entered, the top 4 stories will advance to the next round ;)

Nikita

Potential
you should enter. It'd be interesting to see what kind of story you can come up with! And this goes for everyone, don't do it for the points, do it for the fun (although the points is a really good reason to do it :p)

If 120 members entered, the top 4 stories will advance to the next round ;)
That's intense. :S A good chance to get recognition for your dorm and yourself on the site though. Making the top 4 would be a great opportunity and I'm definitely going to strive to achieve it :D

Is there a max word limit?

HisMrs
HisMrs
I would say no more than 800 words. :)

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
Gr. If we make it past the first round can we continue on the same story?
Patience, patience!! LOL
We will tell you guys more after the winners for each round are announced. If we reveal everything right now, people could use the knowledge to their advantage and cheat.

xaphania

Spike/Buffy
HisMrs agrees: Why?? How long did you want it to be?
I'm not sure, but I think 800 is quite short. Speaking for myself, I'm not sure I'd be able to write a successful crossover in such a short amount, considering there'd be at least two characters to include, two worlds to merge and a story to build.

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
Well we have to have time to read them... 800 words is about 3 pages in Microsoft Word. That doesn't seem unreasonable to ME, but let me talk with the other prefects and see what we can do.

EvilBuffy

Scooby
Black Thorn
800 words? Dang. I might try, but that's not really long enough for a chapter, let alone a story. But we shall see.

M
methos
agreed... 800 words isn't a chapter it's an introduction

white avenger

white avenger
Shucks. I thought that "crossover" meant that I would finally get an excuse to write my Buffy/Highlander crossover (who did you think Angel would have named his son for, if not his best friend, Connor Macleod of the Clan Macleod? They have a LONG and complicated history together) Methos and Faith, Willow and Amanda, Duncan and Cordy, Giles and Joe Dawson at Joe's Bar drinking and swapping Slayer tales, and, of course, Buffy and Spike, presiding over the whole bacchanalia. It woulda been fun out the...swinging bar doors.

Top Bottom