• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

30 Day Film Challenge - pt2

ItMustBeBunnies

Bugger off, you brolly!
Sineya
Day 28: Film with the best soundtrack?

Ohhh that is a hard one.....Almost Famous, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and Billy Elliot- So much Bowie, Zeppelin and T.Rex makes me happy :)

I would also like to mention Suspiria. The original 1977 film's soundtrack :)…...I really suck at picking just one thing :p

Evil Seal
Evil Seal
aaand now I'm downloading three new soundtracks

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I´m gonna cheat and just doing one day.
Was thinking of doing them all but I just can´t decide what to pick for most days.

Day 28: Film with the best soundtrack?

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
Just love Bob Dylans soundtrack to that movie.

/SK

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Day 29; A film that changed your mind about something?
I mean, Twilight ruined vampire films for me... and Star Wars is one (three) of the only sci-fi movies that I enjoy, I'm usually not into that genre. I can't go much deeper than that :)

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I mean, Twilight ruined vampire films for me...
I read at one time an article that posited the "vampires" in the series were actually fairies. They cited a bunch of references, etc. Made very valid points. The put forth the theory that maybe they were originally intended to be of the fay, but publishers wanted to cash in on the vampire frenzy and had them changed.

If that, you know, makes you feel better.

Puppet

Black Thorn
I read at one time an article that posited the "vampires" in the series were actually fairies. They cited a bunch of references, etc. Made very valid points. The put forth the theory that maybe they were originally intended to be of the fay, but publishers wanted to cash in on the vampire frenzy and had them changed.

If that, you know, makes you feel better.
Honestly, I always thought that Meyer woulda been hated a lot less if she had just made them, like, demons or something. One of the major issues people had with her and the books were that they were vampires when they had very little in common with the vampire lore we'd seen in the past.

The fairy theory is interesting, I may have to read up on that.

Kratos

Potential
Day 30: A film that changed your mind about something?
Rewatching action films such as Die Hard and Predator recently made me realize that I’m not a big fan of the genre nowadays, though I liked them a lot when I was younger.

Evil Seal

Alright, 10 more minutes of chanting.
Day 29; A film that changed your mind about something?
I guess I'll go with Severance (2006). It made me like and look deeper into the horror genre (I hated horror before I was forced to watch this one)

spikenbuffy

Bad things always happen in the Buffyverse
Day 29 : A film that changed your mind about something ?

- Misery : It made me realize that fans is not just something positive, fans of shows, books, films, music genres can be crazy and really scary, look at fandoms or crazy ship wars/favorite characters wars, how fans can be. How fans very often don't like criticisms but of course it's also mostly because of human nature.

- Spit on your grave or The last house on the left : Vengeance can be great !!!!!!!!

Kratos

Potential
Day 29 : A film that changed your mind about something ?

- Misery : It made me realize that fans is not just something positive, fans of shows, books, films, music genres can be crazy and really scary, look at fandoms or crazy ship wars/favorite characters wars, how fans can be. How fans very often don't like criticisms but of course it's also mostly because of human nature.

- Spit on your grave or The last house on the left : Vengeance can be great !!!!!!!!
Never even heard of Misery until now, but its premise reminds me of the tv 2014 movie called PopFan.

I’m not a big fan of revenge films, but I agree about Spit on your grave (never heard of The last house on the left).

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Stop it, evil hand! Stop it!
Black Thorn
Day 25: A film that no one would expect you to love?
The Crying Game

Day 26: A film that is a guilty pleasure?
Mortal Kombat

Day 27: Your favorite classic film?
Three Days of the Condor

Day 28 : Film with the best soundtrack
Queen of the Damned

Day 29: A film that changed your mind about something?
Mona Lisa

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Day 29: A film that changed your mind about something?

The Age of Adaline helped me realise that Blake Lively actually is a good actress. The Shallows then confirmed it.

Evil Seal
Evil Seal
Have you seen A Simple Favour ?

Puppet

Black Thorn
Last day, so sad :( let's do a music one next!

Day 30; Your least favorite film?
Hard to say for 2 reasons; I don't rewatch movies I don't like, so I have a hard time remembering them, and I rarely come across bad movies (because I like movies that others think of as bad).

I'll go with LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring, just because it makes me fall asleep every time I try to sit through it (so boring!)

Spanky
Spanky
I was going to suggest a music one!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Day 30; Your least favorite film?
The Hobbit.
Least favorite three films too for that matter. Of course I don't think I actually saw the 3rd one. Or at least I cannot remember one thing about it if I did.

Puppet
Puppet
Exactly how I feel about the third Matrix film. I'm sure I saw it, in the cinemas even, but can't remember a single scene.
Top Bottom