• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

30 Days of Angel - Round 2

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......
Day 27: Scene that you can watch over and over?

Illyria getting Gunn out of the hell dimension in Time Bomb. Also, the scene where she takes out Angel's crew in mere seconds is another one. Actually can I just say anytime Illyria is on screen? 😂

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member

"And yet somehow I can't seem to care" Angel scene.

But also many scenes of ATS S2.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn

Illyria getting Gunn out of the hell dimension in Time Bomb. Also, the scene where she takes out Angel's crew in mere seconds is another one. Actually can I just say anytime Illyria is on screen? 😂

"Illyria destroyed 11 torture units before she found your man. 2 troop carriers, an ice cream truck, and 8 beautifully maintained lawns..."

It's the ice cream truck that always gets me. 😅

BaskingINBangel
BaskingINBangel
Oh for sure! I always go from laughing, to being very proud during that scene. Im always like "That's my girl!" 😁

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn

Faith and Wes together in S4. Any scene with those two (or Wes and Lilah) together. There's a reason I re-watch the Angelus arc of S4 over and over again.

@RachM sorry, I hate those comments sometimes, I didn't mean that I didn't like the slow-mo, but that it was a standout moment from the scene you spoke of. Gives me chills when Connor drags the girl out of the room for Cordy to kill while Darla just watches.

RachM
RachM
Got'cha! Yeah, commets aren't when it comes to conveying tone!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.

Faith's breakdown in the rain in Five by Five. Such a powerful scene, with great acting from Eliza.

@Puppet - that was meant to say comments aren't great when it comes to conveying tone. Derp!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Day 28: Episode that you rewatch the most?

Again, most of the S4 Angelus arc belongs in this category. But also Hero and Smile Time. Ooh, and Not Fade Away.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya

Illyria playing Crash Bandicoot. Even the God-King of the Primordium needed an explanation.

Day 29: Quote that defines a character?

Illyria: "I wish to do more violence."

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn

"One more excuse from you and I'm going to bury you alive, next to my house so I can hear you screaming."

- Lilah Morgan ❤

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member

a2b1ab9eb69371c4a4019f07a4716f84.gif

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn

Lorne: "It's like a song. Now, I can hold a note for a long time - actually, I can hold a note forever - but eventually, that's just noise. It's the change we're listening for. The note coming after and the one after that. That's what makes it music."

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.

Lindsey: "Heroes don't accept the world the way it is, they fight it."

Let me be pretentiously fake-deep for a sec and explain why I chose this quote for a character who clearly isn't a hero. Lindsey's always been a conflicted character, but one trait which I personally find to be consistent with him, is that he likes playing the hero. His has this ridiculous love-hate relationship with Angel because he envies the fact that Angel is a hero. He sent Darla to Angel so that Angel could save her and then later in the season he tried to "save" Darla himself. He left W&H because he couldn't deal with their evil anymore and he wanted to be the hero instead of the bad guy. Even when he goes back to the Dark Side, he still kind of looks up to Angel and wants to beat Angel to best the "hero", so to speak. When Angel fails in his eyes by taking over W&H, he's extremely disappointed in him, and this is where this line comes from. And at the end of the series, he actually steps up and tries to be a hero and see what it feels like to save the day. So yeah, I think this quote perfectly encapsulates Lindsey's whole attitude towards heroes and what it means to be one.

WillowFromBuffy
WillowFromBuffy
Lindsay has this rage-against-the-machine thing that kinda reminds me of Alpha. He tries to be the WRH golden boy, but he has his pride, his pent up anger and his evil-hand-issues that make him wanna tear stuff down.
K
katmobile
I'd say it's more he envies Angel for being someone who matters than a hero. Its what he wants to be...hero, villian, dead or alive it doesn't matter he just wants to.
Top Bottom