• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

30 Days of Angel - Round 2

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
Day 29: Quote that defines a character?
"[Darla] never had a chance." This line is spoken by Angel, but it really defines Darla for me. She was a poor girl in Virginia, who pulled herself up by her boot straps as a sex worker, only to die from syphilis. She is resurrected as a human, only to find that she still has syphilis, and then she gets pregnant, only to realise that she must kill herself for her child to live. She's given self awareness and choice, just so that she can chose a dignified death. It is a messed up thing :p

It also said a lot about Angel and how grateful he is that he got that final chance to make something of himself, and that he did not die as a young drunkard, an immortal monster or while hiding from the world in a hotel.

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......

Angel:
"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh, and cruel. But that's why there's us...champions. Doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world is as it should be, to show it what it can be."

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Day 27: Scene that you can watch over and over?
I do not have puppet cancer scene. Just for lols.
I also love the fight scenes between Angel and Faith in s1 and later Angelus and Faith in s4.

Day 28: Episode that you rewatch the most?
Not sure actually, it's only with Buffy I tend to watch certain eps and skip the rest of the season. If I sit down to watch Angel, I tend to watch the whole season. But it might be Conviction for me to, I think it's a great season opener.

I'm gonna cheat a little, basically this defines to me the perception of himself the Wesley has struggled with for a lot of his character arc. I think Angel's response to him kind of fits as a definition for both of them. Maybe that's why they're friends.

Wesley: “The perception is I'm weak. That's why they went for me.
Angel: “They're wrong. You do what you have to do to protect the people around you. To do what you know is right, regardless of the cost. You know, I never really understood that. You're the guy who makes all the hard decisions, even if you have to make 'em alone.

Day 30: Most overrated episode ?
Birthday

katmobile

Scooby
Hmmm .... Hero I think it has a great bookends made poignant by how the ending adds more depth to Doyle's words at the begining but there's a lot of heavy handed metaphor in the middle also I really don't like Apocalypse Nowish and I despise The Girl in Question. Also yeah - I Will Remember You - not because it's bad but because how rated it is by some.

katmobile

Scooby
Surely the most revealing quote 'if nothing we do matters then all that matters is what we do'.

BaskingINBangel

I'm busy basking.......
Day 30: Most overrated episode?

You're Welcome. I like the episode all right, and the Angel/Lindsey fight scene is great. But I always find myself underwhelmed with the rest of the episode. I just don't think it's that great.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn

I Will Remember You. For sure.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.

I actually get and agree with people who say IWRY, because let's face it, if you're not a Bangel, that episode is tedious, but I'm going to nominate A Hole In The World for most overrated episode, because jesus christ is it annoying to watch Fred slowly die while the episode focuses on Wesley's manpain and all the guys around her get to play hero while she loses all her agency.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
IWRY. David and Sarah bring their A game, but the writers are just phoning it in. The post coital scene and the scene where Buffy learns about the bargain Angel has struck are great, especially the first one, as it is markedly different from any Bangel scene we have seen before. They are so much more comfortable with each other, and it is a nice glimpse of what could have been.

But the rest is just weak. The plot is terribly contrived, and I don't think "End of Days" is enough to justify it. The demon looks stupid. Angel's decision to hunt the demon on his own is even stupider. The Oracles are camp but without any charm to them.

This episode would have been so much better if they had simplified the plot and added more scenes with Sarah. I guess the problem with all the cross overs is that Sarah and David were never able to do double duty. But wouldn't it be worth it to have a BtVS episode without Buffy or and AtS episode without Angel in exchange for a full Buffy/Angel episode? "Guise Will Be Guise" and "The Zeppo" show that this should be possible.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
All the questions for anyone that missed one or wanted to see them all from this round:

Day 1: Character that you would liked to have seen less of?
Day 2: Favourite group scene?
Day 3: Most predictable moment?
Day 4: Episode that you would have like to have starred in?
Day 5: Most underrated episode?

Day 6: Which character had the best hair style?
Day 7: Favourite pop culture reference?
Day 8: Do you think that the colours in the opening credits suit each character? If not what would you choose?
Day 9: Which 9th episode is your favourite?

Day 10: Most romantic moment?
Day 11: Scene you always want to press fast forward on?
Day 12: Best cliffhanger?
Day 13: Scariest moment?
Day 14: Favourite scene with animals?
Day 15: Episode that dates the show?
Day 16: Outfit you would have liked to own?
Day 17: Most surprising thing that you learnt about a character?

Day 18: Most cringe worthy moment?
Day 19: Favourite historical reference?
Day 20: Most unintentionally funny scene?

Day 21: Most unnecessary death?
Day 22: Favourite character introduction?
Day 23: Best kiss?
Day 24: Scene that you see differently now compared to your first watch?
Day 25: Funniest episode?
Day 26: Darkest Moment?
Day 27: Scene that you can watch over and over?
Day 28: Episode that you rewatch the most?

Top Bottom