• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

30 Days of Angel - Round 2

katmobile

Scooby
A lot of them don't really land for me on Angel the way they do on Buffy. There's lots of love moments they're just not romantic. IWRY has a lot of them but then it's a blantent Bangel romantic episode and I guess I'm a bit resistant to that Bangel is romantic but it's also melodramatic. For me the most romantic moment is Doyle's last words to Cordy 'we'll never find out if you could love this face' before he changes into demon form and dies.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Day 10: Most romantic moment?

Fred and Gunn guessing what the other person is wearing in the morning is so sweet it gives me a toothache :D

spikenbuffy

"The big bad is back, and you will aaaggggg"

Fred and Wesley in the beginning of AHITW, before she got infested by Illyria, I'm talking about the sweet moment in the fire when they kill monsters. I also love the end scene of Lineage between Fred & Wes.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Day 9: Which 9th episode is your favourite?

Oh God, it's definitely Harm's Way! Poor Harmony...she was trying so hard to impress Angel and everyone else. Even her neighbour's dog didn't like her. 😅 (And the fact that there was an actual camel in this episode was brilliant) She gets stressed, knocks out three people (including Fred), ducts tapes their mouths and hands, then throws them in a closet. Plus that epic vamp fight with Tamika was pretty bad ass.

But the best moment was the Vinji leader referring to Angel as "whore man." 😂😂

(That outtake with the camel suddenly snorting, causing Amy and Mercedes to break down in giggles was incredibly cute)

Illyria cradling Wesley as he's dying. Would you like me to lie to you now?" 😢

Last edited:

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
For a traditional moment - Buffy and Angel eating ice cream in bed.

Less traditional, Darla really starting to realize how much Angel cares for her (The Trial)

D34EC886-CDA8-4049-B08D-42B024DAC798.jpeg
And the end of that episode, before the two of them are interrupted. Angel and human Darla had quite the connection.

In a similar vein, Wesley trying to burn Lilah’s contract with W&H

katmobile

Scooby
Actually yeah Ilyria lying to Wes and Wes trying to burn Liliah's contract are pretty romantic although touching rather than romantic.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Fred and Gunn's first kiss, especially with Gunn's soft mocking of the situation "And all I ask, is one last kiss!" before his realization that Fred is so worried about him and actually does reciprocate his feelings.

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
Day 11: Scene you always want to press fast forward on?
Cordy’s conversation with herself in the mirror/later talk with Skip and ascension to higher being status at the end of s3. People rarely deny that CC’s acting is off in s4, but this is where her limits truly show and where the character should’ve been written off the show. It is like watching a badly written school play or something. Pure cringe. Whenever I watch it it makes me wonder how CC has ever gotten work as an actress.

And, unlike many in this thread, I can do with less of Angel name-dropping the Rat Pack. But at least you’re kind of meant to laugh at him, unlike the scenes above

Bluebird
Bluebird
Oh yes, *that* scene for sure. Oh my goodness that was rough. The rancid cherry on top of season 3.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
Is it wrong to say Wesley beheading Lilah? Because for me, it is easily Wesley beheading Lilah.

And Illyria turning into Fred as she cradles a dying Wesley on her lap.

Every Jasdenia scene.

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"

Ok, since the worst moment has already been used (Connor/Cordelia) I'm going to have to go with all of the Cangel moments. Sorry. :oops: Mainly the ghost possession in "Waiting in the Wings."

spikenbuffy

"The big bad is back, and you will aaaggggg"

Cordy & Connor sleeping together is definitely horrible!

Honorable mention to Lilah sleeping awkwardly together while Lilah wears an uniform to pretend to be Fred which is low and creepy. I can't stand it!

katmobile

Scooby
I like both those scenes mentioned above but CC grossness factory definitely gets a FF. I think actually pretty much all of the CC scenes do - where Jasdelia manipulates him into killing that innocent woman yeah that's a fast wind mo.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.

I'm with everyone who mentioned the Cordy/Connor sex scene but I'd also add the two Cangel sex scenes (Waiting In The Wings and Awakening) which (for me) are so cringey and awkward!

katmobile

Scooby

I'm with everyone who mentioned the Cordy/Connor sex scene but I'd also add the two Cangel sex scenes (Waiting In The Wings and Awakening) which (for me) are so cringey and awkward!
The Awakening one isn't good (and the ladies at Still Dead are with you on that one) but I like the one in Waiting in the Wings (and so are they it puzzles them the one in Awakening is so bad when there was Cangel chemistry in the Waiting in the Wings scene).
I know people on here have their preferences though.

Top Bottom