• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

31 Days of Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmobile

Scooby
I think it's Faith Vs? Angel at the end of 5 by 5 because as Passion of the Nerd points out he isn't trying to win and nor is she .She's trying to goad him to killing her and he knows it and is just deflecting her until she exhausts herself it gives the fight an interesting psychological element that most fights don't have - I'm not usually a big fan of fights.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Day 3: Favourite fight scene

Wesley and Gunn in Pylea, with their heads in the stocks!

Antho
Antho
Fun choice

Cohen

Hellhound
Day 1: Favourite female character: Cordelia/Fred
Day 2: Favourite Wolfram and Hart employee: Lilah
Day 3: Favourite fight scene: Angelus/Faith in 4.14 Release

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Day 1: Favorite Female Character = Cordelia Chase
I think it says a lot about a character if they can still be most fans favorite, even when the last two seasons really tore down and ruined them for the most part. Cordelia, much like Pricey said, was the light of the otherwise dark, brooding show. Her big smile, her sense of humor, her refusal to let her spirits get dashed by a life of fighting evil. While I'm not a huge fan of the weird non-Cordy we get in S3 (Saint!Cordelia) and don't consider S4 to be anything other than Jasmine pretending to be Cordy, I still adore her enough in S1, S2 and You're Welcome, to make up for all of the bad and still have her be my very favorite female :D

Day 2: Favorite Wolfram & Hart Employee = Lilah Morgan
How could it be anyone else? She's got style, she's got class, she's feisty, funny, and, thanks to her relationship with Wesley in S4, flawed but human, who was perhaps headed toward a redemption arc if things hadn't gone down the way they did. This is definitely one of those examples where the actress makes the role -- someone else cast could have easily led to Lilah only being in a few episodes across S1 and S2.

Day 3: Favorite Fight Scene = The Gang vs. The Beast (Apocalypse Nowish)
I can't tell you how much I love it. I may be a bit of a sucker for slow-mo in fight scenes, I'll admit, but what can you do about it? Runner up goes to Spike and Angel in Destiny.

Crossbow

Potential
Day 1 - Favourite Female Character
Cordielia because there wouldn’t be an Angel Investigations business without her.
Day 2 - Favourite Wolfram & Hart Employee
I don’t really like any of them but if I had to choose, it would be Lilah.
Day 3 - Favourite Fight Scene
Angel and Spike in Destiny - Wow.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Day 4: Most watched episode

Probably Rm w/a vu I tend to rewatch season 1 episodes more.

RepeatoGirl

Duchess of Buffonia
Day 4: Most watched episode: Probably Smile Time, It’s hilarious and different, it also gives joy before the upsetting A Hole in the World.
“You’re a bloody puppet!”🤣

katmobile

Scooby
Honestly - Are You Now or Have You Ever Been - I just love how intricate and powerful it is and everyone who reviews finds another layer to it and sends me back to watch it.

Antho
Antho
That’s a fave of mine too

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Day 4: Most Watched Episode = The S4 Angelus Arc
Literally can't pick just one, lone episode, because I tend to watch this grouping of episodes together whenever I just want to watch a little without doing a full on re-watch of the whole show. Starting with Soulless and ending with Orpheus.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya

Not Fade Away. This episode follows the aviator's dictum of "plan your flight, fly your plan" where we see the people plan to take out the Circle of the Black Thorn and then they execute that plan successfully with only one casualty.

Antho
Antho
And what a casualty :(

Dogs of Winter

Potential
Day 1: Favourite female character
If it was just based on the first 2 seasons I would go for Cordy, but I find the whole Saint Cordy thing in S3 more annoying each time I see it, so gonna go with Darla. She might not have been in that many episodes but pretty much all of them were great and she had such good chemistry with Angel.

Day 2: Favourite Wolfram and Hart employee
Lindsey. He had such a good arc in S1+2 and always enjoyed his scenes with Angel

Team Angel vs The Beast
(and the Angel Connor team up in S5 was nice to see)

Possibly The Trial. It was the first episode of the Buffyverse I ever saw when I stumbled across it one night, and although I didnt get everything that was going on I was hooked straight away. Still love it now and that ending is amazing

Day 1 - favourite female character

my girl, Cordelia.

Day 2 - favourite W&H employee

my girl, Lilah

Day 3 -favourite fight scene

in Pylea - 'I think we're winning' smash cut, they've all been captured.

Day 4 - most rewatched episode

The Bachelor Party. I've watched it twice in one day more than once. 40 minutes of wall to wall Doyle and he's not dead at the end. That's my kinda episode.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Whoa, I'm running behind! Catching up ...

Day 1: Favourite Female Character
Darla, amazing, fierce vampire that she is! Her arc on AtS is one of my favourites across the 'Verse.

Day 2: Favourite Wolfram & Hart Employee
Lilah Morgan, love how evil she is, how she makes no excuses and is just her scheming badass self. She deserved a better end.

Day 3: Favourite Fight Scene
Team Angel vs The Beast with Angel & Spike vs Illyria coming a close second.

Probably Darla or Dear Boy, I just love both those eps so much.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Angel vs Faith in Five By Five

NA. I've watched AtS only once. I did watch Five by Five and Epiphany twice so I guess that counts?

RepeatoGirl

Duchess of Buffonia
Day 5: Favourite singing moment: Gunn, Wesley and Cordelia singing We are the Champions in Redefinition or Fred singing Crazy in That Old Gang of Mine.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Day 5: Favourite singing moment:

Because of the whole scene, rather than just the singing, I'm going with Lindsey in Dead End.

K
katmobile
The singing's pretty dope too

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Day 5: Favourite singing moment

Lindsey in Dead End or Angel & Connor happily singing "Jasmine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom