• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

5 years on

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
On the 29th of this marks it marks 5 years since Andy died.

So what are your top 5 Lorne scenes?

I'll have to have a think about mine, there are so many scenes to choose from.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I was never a huge fan of Lorne. I'm not going to sit here and claim that he was my favorite character just because Andy passed away. That's just dishonest.

Andy, however, I loved. Andy was a great man, a wonderful singer, and I will always treasure the fact that I got to meet him at my first convention, so that's my favorite 'moment'.

When Andy forgot his hair gel and didn't want to do his photoshoot without any, but was too afraid to ask the con goers if he could borrow some, so he made a completely bald J. August Richards ask instead.

When he didn't know the Prince song that Christian Kane and Steve Carlson were singing, but joined in anyway when J. and Amy Acker pestered him to. He came in at the exact right moment, perfect pitch, even though he didn't sing any actual words, because he didn't know the lyrics.

When Christian was bemoaning the fact that he was killed off by the 'bleeping gay karaoke singing green guy', Andy came up behind Christian and hugged him tightly.

I loved Andy. He was an amazing man.

nightshade
nightshade
this makes me wanna rewatch the con videos/dvds from when I met him

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I couldn't agree more with what Lyri said (couldn't rep you, but I wanted to!) I never liked Lorne, he was never one of my favorite, didn't hate him but I was pretty indifferent.

But I did like Andy, he was a great man that poured his soul into his work and played his character so well. He was a great actor, and a fantastic man outside of the show, I never got to meet him but just seeing interviews I can tell that he was a good person.

My favorite scene from his on Angel is without a doubt "I heard you sing". He delivered the line very well, awesome actor he was!

Rest in peace Andy, the world lost a great man 5 years ago.

sharona1981

Lorne lover :)
Lorne was my favourite character on the show-to me, he was the heart of Angel, the emotional core, and welcome light relief from what was very often a dark show. At least until the final series, when Lorne himself became dark (but I don't like to talk about that). I never met Andy, but I loved him dearly, he was an amazing performer and clearly a lovely man. As for top 5 Lorne moments...oh, dear. Alright, here goes nothing:

5: Lorne's debut. In the opening scene of 'Judgement', we saw a close-up of a green demon, and my first reaction was, 'Okay, who's this villain?' And then he started singing this cool jazzy version of 'I Will Survive'. Instant love. For me, anyway. :)

4: 'Happy Anniversary'. Lorne and Angel team up to stop a guy from stopping time, and on the way, Lorne has a few insightful words for Angel, who's recently turned dark. 'Man, you just get darker and darker. And the weird thing is...your aura? Beige.' ' Unless, of course, we don't get there on time, in which case, you'll be frozen in this crappy mood forever.' Classic episode. :)

3: The Pylea arc: The last 4 episodes of Season 2 were Lorne-centric, to my delight, as he returned to his homeland of Pylea. Cue rejection, decapitation, and a gorgeous little rendition of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'. My favourite moment from the episodes was Lorne, upon realizing that the book they need to return to LA was left behind, snapping, 'You know, ordinarily I handle bad news really well. I just drown my sorrows in an ice-cold gin and tonic, little squeeze of lime...except for they don't have them here!' It's all in the delivery. :) The decapitation bit scared me though, thinking Lorne was dead.

2: 'Life Of The Party': Another Lorne-centric episode, where Lorne organized a Halloween party at Wolfram and Hart, but began to act very out of character, and in the process, people began to act exactly as Lorne tells them to. It was a very funny episode, but also a bit sad, as it turned out Lorne had had his sleep removed as he was under so much pressure. My favourite moment: the opening scene when Lorne belted out 'Don't Leave Me This Way'. I still love that song.

1: 'Spin The Bottle': Still my favourite Angel episode ever. A spell Lorne did to restore Cordy's memory went awry, causing everyone to revert to teenage versions of themselves (except Lorne himself, sadly). Lorne narrated the episode, and my favourite scene was definitely a moment where Lorne, tied to a chair and apparently unconscious, broke the fourth wall, announcing, 'I know I'm supposed to be unconscious during this part of the story, but can you believe these mooks?!'

Sorry for the lengthy reply. I still miss him so much. RIP Andy...

sharona1981

Lorne lover :)
5th Anniversary

Today marks the 5th anniversary of Andy's passing-I've been watching videos on youtube and am going to rewatch ANGEL season 2 later. I never met Andy, but he is clearly still loved and missed by so many.

Is anyone else remembering him today?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I'm not sure about five top moments, I'm not a huge Lorne fan, to be truthful. (The Pylea trilogy...yeash. :()

But...he did have very good chemistry with DB, I actually like 'Happy Aniversery' a lot simply because of their double act. Lorne wasn't afraid to hold Angel to account, but in a non-judgmental way.

Plus, their talk in Epiphany was very good. Lorne helping Angel get back on track.

He was also there to lighten the mood in S4 when things got too dark, which was nice. :)

Kairos

Joyous Rebel
My favorite Lorne moment is when he explains that he can hold a note forever, but it's the change that makes it music.

Probably the wisest, kindest character on the show.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
I do love Lorne. He had some great moments! He seemed like fun to be around, and a completely different personality from what we were used to in AtS.

He totally lost his innocence in Never Fade Away though. :(

A couple of moments I liked I can think of off the top of my head.
Sleep Tight S4E16, after waking up from being knocked unconscious by Wes and he hits a high note, almost animal like, to debilitate Holtz's gang and kicks one of them in the head. Laugh out loud material.
Dad S3E10, when Lorne passes Angel the note to tell him W&H have the hotel bugged, even managing to tell him where to read it "the only truly safe room would be the janitor's closet". I thought that was really clever.

Spanky
Spanky
Lorne sucks. I hated Lorne. Hated. The Host was okay, but once The Host became Lorne and a regular it was horrible.

white avenger

white avenger
Two Lorne scenes come immediately to my mind.

Lorn holding a ripped up Angel doll screaming, "Is there a Geppetto in the house?!"

The look on Lorne's face after shooting Lindsey.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
I really love Lorne! I have many scenes were I love him, especially though when he calls Angel pastries!
It'd probably be easier to list the scenes were I don't like Lorne ;)

He totally lost his innocence in Never Fade Away though. :(
He did and it's one of my favorite scenes. I love everything about it - that he does it, how he does, how he leaves it. He's just done. He doesn't like it, but he bites the bullet, does it and leaves.
Though honestly, even without this, and even if they hadn't counted on more or less dying by taking on the Black Thorn, I think Lorne was already done with Angel and his team. After Fred and all I think it all just got too dark for him, he burned out, and really... all that stuff was never really his thing. :)

Spanky
Spanky
I still dont get the Lorne thing
Top Bottom