• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

#9 Lindsey (ATS) v. #13 Doyle (ATS)

Who do you like better?

• Lindsey (ATS)

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Doyle (ATS)

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
This one should be easy but.. if he doesn't win at least I hope it ties so that Faith can make him win it again.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I can't believe both of these are through when we've lost some absolute belters!

But, for the sake of argument, I'm siding with Lindsey. Only because he's in AtS more than Doyle was.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I can't believe both of these are through when we've lost some absolute belters!

But, for the sake of argument, I'm siding with Lindsey. Only because he's in AtS more than Doyle was.
Just my reasoning pretty much and agree on the first statement too:)

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Doyle. Chances are if he were around longer he would have been my favorite Bangelverse character.

Wildfly

blue fire
Black Thorn
Lindsey was more intriguing.
Also tattoos.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I don't like tatts, but love that you would include them as part of your reasoning!

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
How ironic this match up is, since Lindsey once claimed to be Doyle.

Although Lindsey was such a compellingly conflicted character and his relationship with Angel was thought provoking, I'm more drawn to Doyle.

In spite of being short-lived, his role was complex and full of depth. His struggling conflict with his rejection of his demon half and his feelings for Cordelia as well as his having a lot of untold backstory had massive potential to be so well developed long term.

Presumably, his character might have been in for a Shakespearean emotional deterioration as Angel developed into a rival for Cordelia's affections. From what I've read, there was an early brainstorm to have Doyle killed while allied with possessed Cordelia in season 4. Admittingly I totally forget where I read that but know with certainty that it wasn't an official source.

In addition, I found Doyle to be quite sweet, dedicated and very funny. He made the team. He gave Angel his purpose and it was because of him that Angel was reunited with Cordelia, was able to save her from Russel, for pushing him to get involved with his, sorry for lack of a better word, victims which led him to that penthouse party.

My favorite scene of his was in the beginning of 'The Bacholor Party' when he saves Cordelia from a vampire attack in spite of having no idea how to use the crossbow and then having only her well being in mind after taking quite a heavy beating. That was such an awe inspiring moment for him and Cordelia's appreciation for him for that was adorable and a step in her character growth.

He was easily the closet Angel ever had to a best male friend, I don't think Wesley ever quite had the kind of connection with him Doyle did as a fellow Irishman who was tortured by a past sin.

You don't have to be in someone's life long to make a permanent impact. He left a mark that can never be erased from those he effected, not just Angel and Cordelia but that whole community of half demons he died for. Heck, by extention perhaps Wesley, Gunn and Fred were effected by him as well through the visions he left with Cordelia. Fred, most definetly so, it was a vision which saved her from Pylea.

So in a way Doyle was the foundation of the show, both in his presence and in his death.

jpeterman

Townie
Wow, quite an impassioned speech for Doyle. I voted for Lindsey but after reading this I kind of wish I'd gone with Doyle. It's been so long since I've watched ATS that I almost forgot how important he was to the show.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Lindsey winning the whole thing makes me nervous. That would be funny.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I can't see him winning any more but it really surprised me he went as far as he did... pleasantly surprised mind you.

Top Bottom